Jamieson admits to child sex charges

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
news.com.au said:
Olympian and former world cycling champion Mark Ian Jamieson has admitted to multiple child sex charges.

The 25-year-old Tasmanian appeared before the South Australian District Court today and pleaded guilty to four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and one count of indecent assault.

He also pleaded not guilty to one count of gross indecency.

The charges related to alleged conduct in Adelaide between November 2008 and January 2009.

The four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse involved a girl aged 15 at the time while the indecent assault and gross indecency allegations concerned a second girl aged under 16.

Jamieson's case was adjourned until March to allow time for the Crown to consider how it would proceed in relation to the gross indecency charge.

Link: Oympian admits to child sex charges | News.com.au

It's been a busy week for cycling low lifes. Jamieson is charged with a bit of pederasty, and Ricco has dumped his wife and child. I could care less whether his wife is guilty or not. Abandoning your kid and the mother o' your kid is more foul than the crust on Taniwha's BVD's.

So he likes the young 'uns. Could be worse, at least he didn't test positive for p.e.d's. :D

There is a bit of darkness hovering about Jamieson, but it's not as if he's been convicted yet or as admitted guilt yet. I was a bit too quick and flip with the low life label. Likewise, Ricco's girlfriend hasn't been found guilty of anything, so of the three of those folks, I think Ricco gets to wear the a$$hat for the whole week, but then, it seems as if Ricco's always got that hat on.

I look forward to seeing Ricco shelled on many a climb this year and sh!t out the back of the peloton. Hell, the guy even looks skeezy.

I doubt Ricco will have a chance to ride against top cyclists this season. Race organizers are already avoiding him. But I agree it would be entertaining watching him now.
He really is a jerk. His arrogance while he was winning stages (even though he knew how he did it) was awful. And now this with his girlfriend... Pure hypocrisy.

Looks like Jamieson found out that the old 'as long as their feet touch the ground when they are sitting on the esky' rule only applies in Tasmania

alienator said:
There is a bit of darkness hovering about Jamieson, but it's not as if he's been convicted yet or as admitted guilt yet. I was a bit too quick and flip with the low life label. Likewise, Ricco's girlfriend hasn't been found guilty of anything, so of the three of those folks, I think Ricco gets to wear the a$$hat for the whole week, but then, it seems as if Ricco's always got that hat on.

I look forward to seeing Ricco shelled on many a climb this year and sh!t out the back of the peloton. Hell, the guy even looks skeezy.

Hmmm... he pleaded guilty yesterday.

As for Ricco's girlfriend she failed the test for EPO CERA. Normally, when someone fails a test they're fcuked and this place normally isn't the place to voice leniency... Plus if I was Riccardo I'd be ****** - being nailed for the same sh1t that he'd been booted out of the pro peloton for is one thing, taking PED's when you're breastfeeding their kid... that's something else.

Queue the S.O.D. song - Free Dirty Needles.

classic1 said:
Looks like Jamieson found out that the old 'as long as their feet touch the ground when they are sitting on the esky' rule only applies in Tasmania

... he should have gone to Spain. They like doing stuff like that overthere. If there's grass on the wicket - time to play cricket... Not that they play cricket in Spain but I'm sure someone wouldn't mind using their stump on a lil girlie. ;)

swampy1970 said:
Hmmm... he pleaded guilty yesterday.

As for Ricco's girlfriend she failed the test for EPO CERA. Normally, when someone fails a test they're fcuked and this place normally isn't the place to voice leniency... Plus if I was Riccardo I'd be ****** - being nailed for the same sh1t that he'd been booted out of the pro peloton for is one thing, taking PED's when you're breastfeeding their kid... that's something else.

Queue the S.O.D. song - Free Dirty Needles.

Well, if Jamieson pleaded guilty, that's a different matter. That wasn't something mentioned in the article when Cycling News first published the story. I apologize for not immediately leaping to the conclusion, as soon as charges were filed, that he was guilty. How silly of me.

As for Ricco's girlfriend, she failed a test. That's not the same as being guilty. I do know that it is fashion to want to hang riders after a failed test and to believe the tests reflect the absolute truth. Obviously, the tests are never wrong, right? They are 100% accurate, right? All the same, I prefer to wait until the process is done. Still that's got nothing to do with Ricco abandoning his wife, and especially, his kid. That requires the spine of a very special turd. If abandoning your kid sits well with you, then groovy.