John Schlitter WINS BAF in RECORD TIME!!!

"MasterBlaster" <Nobody'[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" wrote
>
> > I ask, is there not a newsgroup on Usenet where these
> > types could
express
> > themselves? Surely, there must be some newsgroups who do
> > nothing but
discuss
> > racing.
>
> http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&group=alt.politics

A not so subtle hint that I myself might be better off on
another newsgroup? However, I have found a home here on ARBR
and let's face it, it does not matter if I am on topic or
off topic, my posts will arouse dissension no matter what.
Hate me if you must, but there is only one paramount sin
connected with newsgroups and that is to be boring. As long
as I am not interesting, then I am happy as a lark!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "MasterBlaster" <Nobody'[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > "Edward Dolan" wrote
> >
> > > I ask, is there not a newsgroup on Usenet where these
> > > types could
> express
> > > themselves? Surely, there must be some newsgroups who
> > > do nothing but
> discuss
> > > racing.
> >
> > http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&group=alt.politics
>
> A not so subtle hint that I myself might be better off
> on another
newsgroup?
> However, I have found a home here on ARBR and let's face
> it, it does not matter if I am on topic or off topic, my
> posts will arouse dissension no matter what. Hate me if
> you must, but there is only one paramount sin connected
> with newsgroups and that is to be boring. As long as I am
> not interesting, then I am happy as a lark!
>
> --
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Good Grief! The last sentence should read: As long as I AM
interesting, then I am happy as a lark! I will never be able
to figure out how these little glitches get past me.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mr. Ed wrote:

> ... As long as I am not interesting, then I am happy
> as a lark!
>>
>>--
>>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>

> Good Grief! The last sentence should read: As long as I AM
> interesting, then I am happy as a lark! I will never be
> able to figure out how these little glitches get past me.

Too bad for Mr. Ed Dolan that he corrected himself, for it
means that he must be unhappy.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed wrote:
>
> > ... As long as I am not interesting, then I am happy as
> > a lark!
> >>
> >>--
> >>Ed Dolan - Minnesota
> >

> > Good Grief! The last sentence should read: As long as I
> > AM interesting,
then
> > I am happy as a lark! I will never be able to figure out
> > how these
little
> > glitches get past me.
>
> Too bad for Mr. Ed Dolan that he corrected himself, for it
> means that he must be unhappy.

Every post of mine always gets some kind of response, even
if it is only you.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word "Club".
Clue: it doesn't mean "shop".

When you've finished that, try actually clicking the link in
my .sig. Then you won't have to may any more assumptions on
what the British Human Power Club actually is.

When you've finished with that, and I appreciate it may take
you a while, you may care to go back and look for where I
said that the recumbent market is racers. I guarantee that
this will take you a /very/ long time, because I didn't say
it. What I /did/ say was that you should be a little less
dismissive of the racers, as the first generation of
recumbent manufacturers, without whom there would quite
possibly be NO market at all, were racers to a man. If names
such as Gardner Martin, Tim Brummer, Mike Burrows, Peter
Ross, John and Miles Kingsbury or Bram Moens mean nothing to
you, then you are even more clue-free than I thought.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington wrote:

> Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word "Club".
> Clue: it doesn't mean "shop"....

Club: What Mr. Ed was hit on the head with at the glue
factory.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

Dave,

Mr. Ed (Thanks Tom!) will not only find a way to justify
what he said, he will also show you how wrong you are.

He doesn't have a clue!

Enjoy,

Perry B - Minnesota

> Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word "Club".
> Clue: it
doesn't
> mean "shop".
>
> When you've finished that, try actually clicking the link
> in my .sig.
Then
> you won't have to may any more assumptions on what the
> British Human Power Club actually is.
>
> When you've finished with that, and I appreciate it may
> take you a while, you may care to go back and look for
> where I said that the recumbent
market
> is racers. I guarantee that this will take you a /very/
> long time,
because
> I didn't say it. What I /did/ say was that you should be a
> little less dismissive of the racers, as the first
> generation of recumbent manufacturers, without whom there
> would quite possibly be NO market at
all,
> were racers to a man. If names such as Gardner Martin, Tim
> Brummer, Mike Burrows, Peter Ross, John and Miles
> Kingsbury or Bram Moens mean nothing
> you, then you are even more clue-free than I thought.
>
> --
>
> Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/

> http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word "Club".
> Clue: it
doesn't
> mean "shop".

Club, shop, who cares? You are both connected to the bicycle
industry and should therefore know what you are talking
about. How come you don't?

> When you've finished that, try actually clicking the link
> in my .sig.
Then
> you won't have to may any more assumptions on what the
> British Human Power Club actually is.

I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable little
club. All I know for sure is that you ought to be calling
yourself a bicycle club and not something called human
power. How pretentious and ridiculous!

> When you've finished with that, and I appreciate it may
> take you a while, you may care to go back and look for
> where I said that the recumbent
market
> is racers. I guarantee that this will take you a /very/
> long time,
because
> I didn't say it. What I /did/ say was that you should be a
> little less dismissive of the racers, as the first
> generation of recumbent manufacturers, without whom there
> would quite possibly be NO market at
all,
> were racers to a man. If names such as Gardner Martin, Tim
> Brummer, Mike Burrows, Peter Ross, John and Miles
> Kingsbury or Bram Moens mean nothing
> you, then you are even more clue-free than I thought.

But I am totally dismissive of racers and I cast doubt on
your integrity for even mentioning the subject of racers in
connection with the recumbent market. All those names you
mention I know from over 10 years a reading RCN and I don't
give a hoot about any of them. Most folks who get recumbents
get them for comfort and not in order to be fast on them.
But types like you think the only way you can sell them is
to tell everyone how fast they are. Even that they climb
hills like magic! You and your ilk are constantly misleading
everyone by your emphasis on speed when everyone knows that
most people get recumbents for comfort, not speed. You are
the clueless one here, not me.

While we are at it, why the hell aren't you posting
properly? You did not include my post to which you are
responding. How the hell is anyone except me suppose to know
what you are talking about. This right here tells me that
you are a royal screw up (English variety) of major
proportions and that you can't get anything right, not even
the simplest things. God help the readers of your so called
newsletter!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave,
>
> Mr. Ed (Thanks Tom!) will not only find a way to justify
> what he said, he will also show you how wrong you are.
>
> He doesn't have a clue!
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

The brainless ones, Sherman and Butler, unite and are
unanimous in their stupidity. They can only appeal to the
most juvenile sophomoric humor. But that is ARBR for you.
Lots of those types here.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

--

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave,
>
> Mr. Ed (Thanks Tom!) will not only find a way to justify
> what he said, he will also show you how wrong you are.
>
> He doesn't have a clue!
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Perry I like the club on the noggin idea. Bill M
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word
> > "Club". Clue: it
> doesn't
> > mean "shop".
> >
> > When you've finished that, try actually clicking the
> > link in my .sig.
> Then
> > you won't have to may any more assumptions on what the
> > British Human
Power
> > Club actually is.
> >
> > When you've finished with that, and I appreciate it may
> > take you a
while,
> > you may care to go back and look for where I said that
> > the recumbent
> market
> > is racers. I guarantee that this will take you a /very/
> > long time,
> because
> > I didn't say it. What I /did/ say was that you should be
> > a little less dismissive of the racers, as the first
> > generation of recumbent manufacturers, without whom
> > there would quite possibly be NO market at
> all,
> > were racers to a man. If names such as Gardner Martin,
> > Tim Brummer,
Mike
> > Burrows, Peter Ross, John and Miles Kingsbury or Bram
> > Moens mean nothing
> > you, then you are even more clue-free than I thought.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Larrington -
> > http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/

> > Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
> > http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> While we are at it, why the hell aren't you posting
> properly? You did not include my post to which you are
> responding. How the hell is anyone except me suppose to
> know what you are talking about.

Mr. Ed

Actually, everyone except you knows what Dave is
talking about.

You don't have a clue!

Perry B - Minnesota

Mr. Ed wrote:

> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> ... Then you won't have to may any more assumptions on
>> what the British Human Power Club actually is.
>
> I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable little
> club. All I know for sure is that you ought to be calling
> yourself a bicycle club and not something called human
> power. How pretentious and ridiculous!...

The British Human Power Club (BHPC) is a national affiliate
of the International Human Powered Vehicle Association
(IHPVA). Both organizations included human powered boats,
submarines, aircraft, etc. Therefore, having "Human Power"
in the name is neither pretentious nor ridiculous, but
perfectly logical.

My apologies for bringing logic into this for the logically
challenged.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Needna1vLdn2RhPdRVn-
> [email protected]...
>
> > While we are at it, why the hell aren't you posting
> > properly? You did
not
> > include my post to which you are responding. How the
> > hell is anyone
except
> > me suppose to know what you are talking about.
>
> Mr. Ed
>
> Actually, everyone except you knows what Dave is
> talking about.
>
> You don't have a clue!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Perry B, you posted correctly in as much as you included a
part of my previous post to which you are responding and
also in as much as you bottom posted. I know that Mr.
Larrington knows how to post, but he is taking short cuts
which cannot be justified. Not everyone who is following a
subject thread is necessarily reading it from beginning to
end like you and I are. Therefore, every single separate
post has got to make sense on its own. Frankly, I am losing
all patience with those who do not post properly when I know
they know better. Please note that your idol Mr. Sherman
posts correctly even when he is being nasty to me. I respect
that and I try to do the same myself. I want to be fair to
my correspondents, no matter how much I might hate them. ;)

--
Ed Dolan - Clueless in Minnesota

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed wrote:
>
> > "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> >> ... Then you won't have to may any more assumptions on
> >> what the British
Human Power
> >>Club actually is.
> >
> > I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable little
> > club. All I
know
> > for sure is that you ought to be calling yourself a
> > bicycle club and not something called human power. How
> > pretentious and ridiculous!...
>
> The British Human Power Club (BHPC) is a national
> affiliate of the International Human Powered Vehicle
> Association (IHPVA). Both organizations included human
> powered boats, submarines, aircraft, etc. Therefore,
> having "Human Power" in the name is neither pretentious
> nor ridiculous, but perfectly logical.

Nonsense, we all know that bicycles constitutes the vast
majority (99%) of what is being human powered and those
other items you mention are negligible to nonexistent. You
and all those others who blather about HPV are absurd and
nothing but pretentious and arrogant snobs. A pox on the
lot of you!

> My apologies for bringing logic into this for the
> logically challenged.

My logic as always is impeccable. But what good is logic
when you do no have one ounce of common sense. That is your
main problem as well as I can divine what your problems may
be. Logic is wasted on you because you are not grounded
properly in common sense.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mr. Ed

You lost your patience a long time ago!

Perry B - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed
>
> You lost your patience a long time ago!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Mr.Perry

You are not posting properly once again! And you are suppose
to be a computer instructor?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up the word "Club".
>> Clue: it
> doesn't
>> mean "shop".
>
> Club, shop, who cares? You are both connected to the
> bicycle industry and should therefore know what you are
> talking about. How come you don't?
>
>> When you've finished that, try actually clicking the link
>> in my .sig.
> Then
>> you won't have to may any more assumptions on what the
>> British Human Power Club actually is.
>
> I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable little
> club. All I know for sure is that you ought to be calling
> yourself a bicycle club and not something called human
> power. How pretentious and ridiculous!
>
>> When you've finished with that, and I appreciate it may
>> take you a while, you may care to go back and look for
>> where I said that the recumbent
> market
>> is racers. I guarantee that this will take you a /very/
>> long time,
> because
>> I didn't say it. What I /did/ say was that you should be
>> a little less dismissive of the racers, as the first
>> generation of recumbent manufacturers, without whom there
>> would quite possibly be NO market at
> all,
>> were racers to a man. If names such as Gardner Martin,
>> Tim Brummer, Mike Burrows, Peter Ross, John and Miles
>> Kingsbury or Bram Moens mean nothing
>> you, then you are even more clue-free than I thought.
>
> But I am totally dismissive of racers and I cast doubt on
> your integrity for even mentioning the subject of racers
> in connection with the recumbent market. All those names
> you mention I know from over 10 years a reading RCN and I
> don't give a hoot about any of them. Most folks who get
> recumbents get them for comfort and not in order to be
> fast on them. But types like you think the only way you
> can sell them is to tell everyone how fast they are. Even
> that they climb hills like magic! You and your ilk are
> constantly misleading everyone by your emphasis on speed
> when everyone knows that most people get recumbents for
> comfort, not speed. You are the clueless one here, not me.
>
> While we are at it, why the hell aren't you posting
> properly? You did not include my post to which you are
> responding. How the hell is anyone except me suppose to
> know what you are talking about. This right here tells me
> that you are a royal screw up (English variety) of major
> proportions and that you can't get anything right, not
> even the simplest things. God help the readers of your so
> called newsletter!

It's "tinker's dam" not "damn" by the way.

--
Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply
directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

Darn:

tin·ker's damn also tin·ker's dam (tngkrz)
n. Slang The smallest degree or amount: property that is not
worth a tinker's damn.

----------------
----

[Probably from the reputation of tinkers for cursing.]

--
. Arne, USA (member of the human tribe) . "98GTW"
<[email protected]> wrote in message > >

> It's "tinker's dam" not "damn" by the way.
>
> --
> Dave

"Arne" <[email protected]> wrote in

> Darn:
>
> tin·ker's damn also tin·ker's dam (tngkrz)
> n. Slang The smallest degree or amount: property that is
> not worth a tinker's damn.

> -------------
> ----- ----
>
> [Probably from the reputation of tinkers for cursing.]

Dams are the small amounts of solder used to repair
pewter ware.

Also:
: If someone doesn't give a tinker's dam (or cuss) the they
: are reckoned
to be completely indifferent to the outcome of an event. Dam
(note the lack of a terminal "n") is used today to describe
a structure for holding back water; so it was in the days of
Tinkers. They used to travel the country earning their
livings mending pots and pans and sharpening knives. They
would mend the pots by filling the leak on the inside with
some clay and then repairing the outside with permanent
material. When this was done the clay was discarded. The
clay stopper was the tinker's dam. The dam was also known as
a cuss. Both were worthless, hence the saying.

--
Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply
directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

98GTW <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Arne" <[email protected]> wrote in
>
>> Darn:
>>
>> tin·ker's damn also tin·ker's dam (tngkrz)
>> n. Slang The smallest degree or amount: property that is
>> not worth a tinker's damn.

>> -------------
>> - ----- ----
>>
>> [Probably from the reputation of tinkers for cursing.]
>>

> Dams are the small amounts of solder used to repair
> pewter ware.
>
> Also:
>: If someone doesn't give a tinker's dam (or cuss) the they
>: are reckoned
> to be completely indifferent to the outcome of an event.
> Dam (note the lack of a terminal "n") is used today to
> describe a structure for holding back water; so it was in
> the days of Tinkers. They used to travel the country
> earning their livings mending pots and pans and
> sharpening knives. They would mend the pots by filling
> the leak on the inside with some clay and then repairing
> the outside with permanent material. When this was done
> the clay was discarded. The clay stopper was the tinker's
> dam. The dam was also known as a cuss. Both were
> worthless, hence the saying.

Further research indicates both "damn" and "dam" in early
usage. I've learned something today.

My apologies and thanks to you, Ed.