Just doing some FAQ thinking

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andy Chequer, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    Alright

    For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this NG.

    Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....

    Andy Chequer

    Tags:

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Alright
    |
    | For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this
    NG.

    | Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....
    |
    | Andy Chequer

    Just be sure to get a few pointers from shaun

    Simon

  3. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Alright
    >
    > For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this
    NG.

    > Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Again, I'm gonna post this link. Rec.bicycles covers just about every damn thing. I'm guessing you
    have it, but if not it'ld be a great reference. Although it's longer than the fricken bible. So I
    guess the next FAQ won't need to cover any of this stuff... which yes, leaves Shaun.

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/

    all 5 parts, wow

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:
    > Alright
    >
    > For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this NG.
    >
    > Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....

    I've been working on a new version of the FAQ. Unfortunately, it's sitting on my home pc and I
    haven't uploaded it to the website (I was going to wait till it was finished). I'll put it up when I
    get home this evening.

    Having said that, there's still a lot of work to do, so you're more than welcome to help me out :)

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Lightweight wrote:

    > Again, I'm gonna post this link. Rec.bicycles covers just about every damn thing. I'm guessing you
    > have it, but if not it'ld be a great reference. Although it's longer than the fricken bible. So I
    > guess the next FAQ won't need to cover any of this stuff... which yes, leaves Shaun.
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/

    The thing is, it's a good bike faq, but not such a good a.m-b faq. Plus, it's six years old, which
    is a long time on the product front.

  6. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer wrote:
    > > Alright
    > >
    > > For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this
    NG.

    > > Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....
    >
    > I've been working on a new version of the FAQ. Unfortunately, it's sitting on my home pc and I
    > haven't uploaded it to the website (I was going to wait till it was finished). I'll put it up when
    > I get home this evening.
    >
    > Having said that, there's still a lot of work to do, so you're more than welcome to help me out :)

    Mail me with anything you want doing and I'll have a crack at it.

    Andy Chequer

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | Alright
    > |
    > | For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this
    > NG.
    > |
    > | Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....
    > |
    > | Andy Chequer
    > |

    > Just be sure to get a few pointers from shaun
    >
    > Simon

    Hey - I'm in to chicks, dude.

    Shaun aRe

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:

    >>I've been working on a new version of the FAQ. Unfortunately, it's sitting on my home pc and I
    >>haven't uploaded it to the website (I was going to wait till it was finished). I'll put it up when
    >>I get home this evening.
    >>
    >>Having said that, there's still a lot of work to do, so you're more than welcome to help me out :)
    >

    > Mail me with anything you want doing and I'll have a crack at it.

    Here's the current incarnation: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm It's about a third-finished
    by my reckoning, and there's a load of little notes in there that I've made.

  9. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:50:23 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    >Alright
    >
    >For a while now I've been pondering doing some work on the FAQs for this NG.
    >
    >Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to glaring holes in the current jobby....
    >
    >Andy Chequer

    Did you know that FAQ can also be FA Q?

    Faaa que Chequer ;-)

    :-]