kathy Watt Interview - The Age

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by warrwych, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    He's a champion, my Simon boy - he knows sh!t when he sees it.

    Lotte

  2. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    'n , plus, she cant stitch three words together...

    OK she's had a hassle over the years cos the AIS/VIS/CA Club didnt exactly go for her as she wasnt one of "theirs"...and now as she isnt an 18-24 year old they can mould into an exhibit piece they refuse to know she exists...she's been made into a tough loner on the road by them and that's why she will probably win the the CG TT, she's been forced to make the TT her thing...and best of all for her, its on her patch of road.

    Whatever, I'll lift a glass of amber at Black Rock round-about when she hurtles around the clock tower...she's not just doing this for herself, she's doing it to get up the bloody noses of stuffed up sports administrators for we who have our run ins when we transgress into some little sportsNapoleon's empire building...

  3. dave

    dave Guest

    rooman wrote:
    > Shabby Wrote:
    >
    >>There's a reason why every article on her mentions the fact that she's
    >>considered an outsider by the sport.......

    > 'n , plus, she cant stitch three words together...
    >
    > OK she's had a hassle over the years cos the AIS/VIS/CA Club didnt
    > exactly go for her as she wasnt one of "theirs"...and now as she isnt
    > an 18-24 year old they can mould into an exhibit piece they refuse to
    > know she exists...she's been made into a tough loner on the road by
    > them and that's why she will probably win the the CG TT, she's been
    > forced to make the TT her thing...and best of all for her, its on her
    > patch of road.
    >
    > Whatever, I'll lift a glass of amber at Black Rock round-about when she
    > hurtles around the clock tower...she's not just doing this for herself,
    > she's doing it to get up the bloody noses of stuffed up sports
    > administrators for we who have our run ins when we transgress into
    > some little sportsNapoleon's empire building...

    Yeah I have said in the past I am not a real fan of Kathy Watts. But I
    so hope she wins. ANd I am going to take the day of and join you. Some
    of it has been her but far from all of it. And she bloody well deserves
    this win

    Dave

  4. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    Talking of which, thought I would take the day off and come down and watch. Where are we meeting? :)

  5. dave

    dave Guest

    SuzieB wrote:
    > dave Wrote:
    >
    >>>Whatever, I'll lift a glass of amber at Black Rock round-about when

    >>she
    >>
    >>>hurtles around the clock tower...she's not just doing this for

    >>herself,
    >>
    >>>she's doing it to get up the bloody noses of stuffed up sports
    >>>administrators for we who have our run ins when we transgress into
    >>>some little sportsNapoleon's empire building...
    >>>

    >>Yeah I have said in the past I am not a real fan of Kathy Watts. But
    >>so hope she wins. ANd I am going to take the day of and join you.
    >>Some
    >>of it has been her but far from all of it. And she bloody well
    >>deserves
    >>this win
    >>
    >>Dave

    > Talking of which, thought I would take the day off and come down and
    > watch. Where are we meeting? :)

    OK we will organise that. I have to skip on a lab that I am running so
    I need to talk to a couple of people. And I am going to ride down of
    course (I suspect it would be tricky even with the motorcycle) So will
    have to leave bloody early to get there. Do you have an idea of start
    times?

    I would guess Black Rock clock tower?

    Dave

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    Black Rock Clock Tower is party city for the TT.

    The womens TT is AM and turns at Tower, the Mens is PM and goes past and returns past, their turn is down near Charman Rd at about Mentone Surf Club ( hard to find this out exactly, original comment from some it was near the Mentone Pub) but whatever.

    At Black Rock the road will be barriered, but best viewing will be from Cafe Odo , Fuel Gourmet Burgers & Pizza (Michelle's a dish) and there is an all day party planned out the front of Kennedy's Cyclefit Cafe and Kathy Watts PT . I'm sure Max at Le Knicks would make you welcome and you can browse some long knicks for winter ( bring your Gold CC tho)

    Looks like a great day, irrespective of any weather or work.

    As little budgie bob said "any boss who sacks his staff for missing work on a day like this is a bum".

    Be there and "be there"

  7. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    YAY! I will be at Black Rock Clock Tower then with my Hearld Sun Fanbana.

    All the details on the day can be found at http://tinyurl.com/qmolb

    Women’s event (29kms): 10.30am – 12.15pm

    Men’s event (40kms): 1pm – 3.15pm

    I'm going to get down there nice and early to make sure I can see and wave my Fanbana (how cool am I?!?!).

  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    dave wrote:
    > have to leave bloody early to get there. Do you have an idea of start
    > times?

    Start at St Kilda at 10:30 for women and 13:00 for men. Women turn at
    Black rd (29km there and back) and men turn at Mentone (40km there and
    back).

    DaveB "look for the dorky volunteer marshall hat"

  9. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Slightly OT from YarraBUG - the Road Races for the Commonwealth Games are on Sunday 26th March around the Botanical Gardens. The women’s race starts at 9am and the men’s at 1pm.

    For anyone who wants to ride down and have a look, we’ll be meeting at Suede Bar, 284 Smith St Collingwood (cross Otter St), at 8am. So anyone from the northern suburbs area is most welcome to join us for a tootle down to the Bot Gardens + a nice java. Or two. And a possible visit to the Belgian Beer Cafe afterwards at beer o'clock. :)

  10. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-03-07, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    > dave wrote:
    >> have to leave bloody early to get there. Do you have an idea of start
    >> times?
    >>

    > Start at St Kilda at 10:30 for women and 13:00 for men. Women turn at
    > Black rd (29km there and back) and men turn at Mentone (40km there and
    > back).

    I hate to be ignorant, but what day are we talking about?

    --
    TimC
    Memory fault -- core...uh...um...core... Oh dammit, I forget!

  11. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-03-07, SuzieB (aka Bruce)

    > rooman Wrote:
    >> Black Rock Clock Tower is party city for the TT.
    >>
    >> The womens TT is AM and turns at Tower, the Mens is PM and goes past
    >> and returns past, their turn is down near Charman Rd at about Mentone
    >> Surf Club ( hard to find this out exactly, original comment from some
    >> it was near the Mentone Pub) but whatever.
    >>

    > YAY! I will be at Black Rock Clock Tower then with my Hearld Sun
    > Fanbana.
    >
    > All the details on the day can be found at http://tinyurl.com/qmolb

    Look at the profile -- so challenging!

    10m climb in 1km is about the steepest.

    --
    TimC
    "Eppur si muove!" (And yet it does move!)

  12. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    TT is always challenging, doesn't matter if its dead flat with no wind,
    you still have to give 100%.

    Its likely that there will be wind and they'll have to metre their
    effort well to cope with the likely head wind on the way back.

  13. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > On 2006-03-07, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    >
    >>dave wrote:
    >>
    >>>have to leave bloody early to get there. Do you have an idea of start
    >>>times?
    >>>

    >>Start at St Kilda at 10:30 for women and 13:00 for men. Women turn at
    >>Black rd (29km there and back) and men turn at Mentone (40km there and
    >>back).

    > I hate to be ignorant, but what day are we talking about?

    21/3 Time Trial

  14. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    Road TT day is Tues 21st...all day...bring yer sunnies, a smile and a thirst:

    Found out today, Kennedy's are licensed on the day and will be running a bar all day , have food all day and a big screen TV for what we can't see...
    and they will start with a breakfast too ( but BOOKINGS for that essential)...seems its Champers and Chook, or Bacon & Eggs and Bangers too, lotsa muesli, fruit juice, toast and a brimming java to boot... if ya want a seat for brekky call Andrea at JFKs Cyclefit Cafe on 9589 3399...seems places are going faster than a current up a bakers leg ( he stepped on a fruit bun right!)

    gunnabeagoodai

  15. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    That's gotta be a date...the Alexis Rhodes cheer squad in full flight, gym tunics and all...:)

  16. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    How about netball bibs spelling her name? Or I can make some *very spiffy* pompoms in club colours .. :p

  17. > As for the Jana and Tamsyn show, they're just not smart enough to play
    > the media game. Male or female, they're good enough to be heard, but
    > not smart enough to avoid giving the media the grabs they're looking
    > for.
    >

    > --
    > Shabby.

    Was talking it over re Pittman and Lewis with the mrs, and we both
    agree...one of them is a world class athlete, and other one never will
    be more than a heat runner, even at the comm games. Athletes who
    perform on the track are better than those who don't.
    When Lewis retires, she will be a much better commentator and TV face
    than she ever could be as an athlete. And she'll have to reminisce
    about the champion athlete Pittman.

  18. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    exactamundo! A couple of months ago, Lewis had the cheek to BARREL Tony Shaw on radio after he dared suggest she'd underachieved

  19. Bringkathywattdown

    Bringkathywattdown New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2018
    This woman is pure evil...just ask her ex partners whom she owes thousands of money to n many other people! She is only successful because she lies, cheats, steals n roots her way to the top! The media make her out to be some sort of goddess but she is a vile human who emasculates men n takes their money

  20. Bringkathywattdown

    Bringkathywattdown New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2018
    People should make you famous for being an evil theiving bitch! Can't wait to see you fall flat on your face!