KOHL caught by AFLD !

tonyzackery said:
And I recall someone harping about the Spaniards being the dirtiest riders...appears the Germans are definitely giving them a run...
Great point...apart from the fact that Kohl is Austrian

whiteboytrash said:
Didn't Kimmage quote how farked Kohl looked at the end of the d'Huze stage ? and that was a good thing......
It hurt even more on Wednesday during the shoot-out at Alpe d’Huez when we witnessed the scenes that had once made the race so special. Rewind the tape and the truth is in the pain; the mouths gaping for breath; the eyes rolling with tiredness; the exhausted portrait of the Austrian Bernard Kohl - second overall and King of the Mountains - as he collapsed after crossing the line. The moment of the race.

He did.

whiteboytrash said:
It hurt even more on Wednesday during the shoot-out at Alpe d’Huez when we witnessed the scenes that had once made the race so special. Rewind the tape and the truth is in the pain; the mouths gaping for breath; the eyes rolling with tiredness; the exhausted portrait of the Austrian Bernard Kohl - second overall and King of the Mountains - as he collapsed after crossing the line. The moment of the race.

He did.
That is like football when players are simulating a fault. At the begining they were just falling, now they fall, cry and have a face destroyed by a terrible pain.
With powermeter doped riders will be able to stay in believable performances! They have already learnt to breath as do athletes without oxygenation boost. That remember me one stage were Armstrong stopped his effort because he understood at that moment that current performance was too strong to be believed.

tonyzackery said:
And I recall someone harping about the Spaniards being the dirtiest riders...appears the Germans are definitely giving them a run...
Kohl is Austrian.

Hitchy said:
What was unusual about these performances?...
For example, dropping Valverde, Cunego and some other climbers on the last but one climb is unusual.

I too had given Kohl the benefit of the doubt.

Kimmage was correct that Kohl did look shattered at D'Huez.
Kohl also looked very very tired after the final ITT - so much so that Hinault had to help him on to, and off, the podium for the KOM jersey presentation.

Andrija said:
For example, dropping Valverde, Cunego and some other climbers on the last but one climb is unusual.

Valverde is always gunna do 'something' at the tour....& never does...Cunego got time put into him on just about every climb...what WAS unusual was that these guys were so bad...not that CSC was *so* different to what we might have expected them to do. Nup, I'll maintain that CSC might well be full of dopers, but I don't think that any of them did any totally extraordinary performances where we can point the finger & say..."thats gotta be a 'doped' performance"...we could all see it with Schumacher & Ricco, but I didn't see it with CSC, even with the benefit of hindsight....****, Sastre only actually rode 2 stages...the Alpe & the final TT.

Rolfrae said:
Kohl is Austrian.

Blimey! He doesn't sound like Robbie Macca or Pedal Evans at all. Too much time spent in Europe I guess**

**please note this IS a parody. A weak throw back from a thread several months ago...

Eldron said:
Blimey! He doesn't sound like Robbie Macca or Pedal Evans at all. Too much time spent in Europe I guess**

**please note this IS a parody. A weak throw back from a thread several months ago...
He does sound a bit like Scott Sunderland though.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

“We will have a much stronger team in 2009. They can help Cadel next year,” he said. “There’s Kohl, he can help Cadel in the mountains and still ride for his own chances. It’s better to have two options. You can ride to help your captain and still have a strong result. Look what Leipheimer did in the Vuelta.” (Editor's Note: This interview was conducted before Kohl tested positive for CERA.)

whiteboytrash said:
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

“We will have a much stronger team in 2009. They can help Cadel next year,” he said. “There’s Kohl, he can help Cadel in the mountains and still ride for his own chances. It’s better to have two options. You can ride to help your captain and still have a strong result. Look what Leipheimer did in the Vuelta.” (Editor's Note: This interview was conducted before Kohl tested positive for CERA.)
“We were hoping for more from Popovych, but he wasn’t at his best. What can we do?” Redant said. “We hope he’s back to his normal level in 2009. He’s very frustrated. He’s angry. He’s not used to riding like he did.”

- He’s not used to riding like he did.” - whilst doping.

musette said:
Is Popo going to retire or has he found another team for 09?
Retire...? He is born in 1980 and can still make a good living from cycling, so I don't think he will retire. Neither this year, nor the next.

musette said:
Is Popo going to retire or has he found another team for 09?
He had a difficult without the help of a pharmacy so he is seeking for a team with good doctors like he used to have!

LOL, you pretty much give everyone the benefit except Lance.

limerickman said:
I too had given Kohl the benefit of the doubt.

Kimmage was correct that Kohl did look shattered at D'Huez.
Kohl also looked very very tired after the final ITT - so much so that Hinault had to help him on to, and off, the podium for the KOM jersey presentation.

A bulletin on the eurosport website says that Kohl now has admitted to doping. No details given. His only sensible move, IMO.

Edit: Quite a bit more details on L'Equipe

The video of Kohl's press conference/confession is here.

kohlstill.jpg