Kreuziger / A. Schleck battle

adamastor

Jun 3, 2007
Didn't watch today's stage, but saw Andy on Luxembourg TV tonight. Summary:

RTL: Andy, today was not necessarily a quiet one for you. Kreuziger tried to gain some time on you
Andy (smiling): Yes, right. When Kreuziger went, Bjarne told the team to close up on him. But I thought, why should one disturb the whole team, so I decided to go for him myself.
RTL: You looked a bit angry
Andy: Yes, I was angry. When I caught him, I thought, I had to chase you for 5 kms, so now it's your turn to chase me for 5 kms, and I made him sweat. But he came up to me, and asked to make peace, and let's wait for the Time trial to decide this.

***********, he's only 23, but already Mr Cool. If Kim and Frank work for him, he'll beat the **** of everyone at the Olympics! I am very sceptical, but I pray that he is clean.

yeah he's good.... bloody good... worried me yesterday when he was riding up d'Huez chasing down attacks with ease whilst straightening his sunglasses and adjusting his saddle height. It was like Hincapie of old. Riding on the front of the peleton for 200km then on the final climb fixing his Oakley's & sharing a joke with team mates. Now without dope Hincapie can't keep pace with 38 year old Frenchmen......... if A Shleck was let loose on d'huez he would have put 4 minutes into Evans..... Frank always said he was the better of the two.....

whiteboytrash said:
yeah he's good.... bloody good... worried me yesterday when he was riding up d'Huez chasing down attacks with ease whilst straightening his sunglasses and adjusting his saddle height. It was like Hincapie of old. Riding on the front of the peleton for 200km then on the final climb fixing his Oakley's & sharing a joke with team mates. Now without dope Hincapie can't keep pace with 38 year old Frenchmen......... if A Shleck was let loose on d'huez he would have put 4 minutes into Evans..... Frank always said he was the better of the two.....
I'm not saying he's clean but Andy Schleck is a HELL OF A LOT slighter than Hinc.

I agree with comments here and in other threads about Andy Schleck. He looked as cool as a cucumber climbing Alpe d'Huez. Riis needs to coach him to put on facial expressions that convey suffering. Maybe practice Cadel's look, minus the buttchin.

whiteboytrash said:
And you couldn't keep pace with a "fat assed American." He should be your idol.

whiteboytrash said:
Comparison with Hincapie is not valid, because Schleck (Andy) has been considered by cycling experts (Cyrille Guimard f.ex.) as a phenomenon for years now. Stéphane Goubert, who rode Alpe d'Huez with him yesterday confirmed it, by saying what a great rider he is. Had he suspected Andy of doping, I think the Frenchman would have made a different comment. Again, I'm from Luxembourg myself, I am sceptical, and Andy and Frank for me are dead in my mind, if I find out they dope. And I won't need a court to decide on that. Enough evidence (like half of evidence found on Lance) will be enough for me to make up my mind.

But until then I have to admit, go Andy go, for Luxembourg sports this is the nicest thing we've had since Luxembourg soccer team nearly did NOT lose against Germany some 10 years ago (lost 2-3, after being down 0-3 :D ).

adamastor said:
Comparison with Hincapie is not valid, because Schleck (Andy) has been considered by cycling experts (Cyrille Guimard f.ex.) as a phenomenon for years now. Stéphane Goubert, who rode Alpe d'Huez with him yesterday confirmed it, by saying what a great rider he is. Had he suspected Andy of doping, I think the Frenchman would have made a different comment. Again, I'm from Luxembourg myself, I am sceptical, and Andy and Frank for me are dead in my mind, if I find out they dope. And I won't need a court to decide on that. Enough evidence (like half of evidence found on Lance) will be enough for me to make up my mind.

But until then I have to admit, go Andy go, for Luxembourg sports this is the nicest thing we've had since Luxembourg soccer team nearly did NOT lose against Germany some 10 years ago (lost 2-3, after being down 0-3 :D ).
You're not doing too bad for a small country with 3 of the top 12 on GC so far...
smile.gif

...makes me wonder what the battle for the white jersey would have been like had gerdemann not crashed out earlier this year...

slovakguy said:
...makes me wonder what the battle for the white jersey would have been like had gerdemann not crashed out earlier this year...
Would have been good. That's for sure.

Andy Schelck - he is a rider I like to see. Shows guts!

Grater said:
Would have been good. That's for sure.

Andy Schelck - he is a rider I like to see. Shows guts!
He looked like he was picking his nose going up d'Huez while others were near death.

adamastor said:

Hey I'm with you. He's great to watch..... reminds me of Hampsten but Andy S has loads more aggression....

adamastor said:
Again, I'm from Luxembourg myself, I am sceptical, and Andy and Frank for me are dead in my mind, if I find out they dope. And I won't need a court to decide on that. Enough evidence (like half of evidence found on Lance) will be enough for me to make up my mind.

Now that didn't take too long:

Frank Schleck "Amigo de Birillo"
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t466349.html