Lacing question part two

Eric

Guest
Thanks for the answers. I heard that crows foot made a reliable wheel. I just didn't know if it was
a front wheel only application. Sheldon and others recommend a half radial to bring the wheel's
sides to a more even tension. I am asking if anyone build a half radial (non drive side) with a 36
hole hub (Chris King). I was planning on calling them on Monday. Thanks for the advise, Eric

--
Eric [email protected] remove the "nospam" from the address to reply!!

I built a half radial wheel for my commuter using a 36H LX hub and Mavic T519 rim (I'm 195 and carry
about 20 pounds extra on a rear pannier). Damn thing never stayed true more than a week despite 140
kg tension on the drive side (measure with a Wheelsmith tensiometer). Switched to 3x and haven't had
a problem since (3 years ago). I believe that a crossed spoke is less likely to go slack because it
is supported by another one that is not at reduced tension when it is.

news:[email protected]...