Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

"...and what good is power if you can't abuse it?"

I shall rule with an iron fist inside a velvet glove! Just like Lancer!

"Velvet glove just like Liberache."

Herr Derr. Spells like a lawyer...Liberace.

Whaddaya think of my choices of uniforms?

Is this too understated?

Or should I go with this?

Shows off the unshaved legs!

And ya know...Lee was all right.

"In contrast to his flamboyant stage presence, Liberace was a conservative in his politics and faith, eschewing dissidents and rebels. He believed fervently in capitalism and was also fascinated with royalty, ceremony, and luxury. He loved to hobnob with the rich and famous, acting as starstruck with presidents and kings as his fans behaved with him. Yet to his fans, he was still one of them, a Midwesterner who had earned his success through hard work—and who invited them to enjoy it with him."

Well, other than that whole gay-aids **** stuff, that is!

Originally Posted by classic1 .

"oh, but how come Pantani/Ullrich/Riis/insert another riders name never got sanctioned like poor Lancey-poos?' What a petulant, juvenile, idiotic argument. Now Godwins Law is coming into play. Can you please kill this thread Lim?

I tend to agree that perhaps this thread has run it's course.

Does anyone else here agree that it has?

limerickman said:
I tend to agree that perhaps this thread has run it's course. Does anyone else here agree that it has?
Yup. All that's left in the thread is this:

This us worth watching!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Joe Rogan is a clueless SOB. As far as he is concerned, everyone else was on drugs so we should all have some sympathy with Lance, as this he is cycling's sacrificial lamb.

Joe Rogan is a clueless SOB. As far as he is concerned, everyone else was on drugs so we should all have some sympathy with Lance, as this he is cycling's sacrificial lamb.

It is the truth. I don't see how you can see it any other way. All the climbers and GC contenders worked with doctors and had sophisticated doping programs. The stripped Lance of his titles. Why do you think they didn't declare another rider a winner? Because they fear, if they didn't know, that all the second place riders would be found out as EPO users.

The French have always hated the idea of American riders winning. The underhanded, unethical writers for L'Équipe flogged Lance relentlessly from the start. the USADA process was little more than a kangaroo court. They weren't just interested in proving he doped, they were out to destroy him. There's enough evidence in their report to prove he doped, but much of what's in the report is total BS and is only there as complete overkill.

It was a equal playing field. Lance is the greatest rider to ever though a leg over a bike.

The French have always hated the idea of American riders winning.

It was a equal playing field. Lance is the greatest rider to ever though a leg over a bike.

Do you know that LeMond is almost as revered in France as Hinault?

And Lance couldn't carry Eddy's water bottles. Eddy has 5 TdF's, 5 Giro D'Italias, and 1 Vuelta D'Espana. You know the "other" two Grand Tours that often have more difficult courses than Le Tour. That's 11 Grand Tour titles, as opposed to 7. Lance never finished another Grand Tour. In fact, he never finished the TdF until he hooked up with Ferrari.

Eddy has also won all of the monuments. All 5. Lance has won---well, zero. Eddy won Milan-San Remo seven times. And Eddy also won on the track--and he held the hour record for many years. 11 Grand Tours, nineteen monuments, two World Championships, and a staggering ratio of events won to events entered (almost a third). Lance is a ****ing joke by comparison.

I bet you have a Livestrong bracelet---am I right? :D

Oh, the French hated Eddy, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve and bikeraph

And Lance couldn't carry Eddy's water bottles. Eddy has 5 TdF's, 5 Giro D'Italias, and 1 Vuelta D'Espana. You know the "other" two Grand Tours that often have more difficult courses than Le Tour. That's 11 Grand Tour titles, as opposed to 7. Lance never finished another Grand Tour. In fact, he never finished the TdF until he hooked up with Ferrari.

Eddy has also won all of the monuments. All 5. Lance has won---well, zero. Eddy won Milan-San Remo seven times. And Eddy also won on the track--and he held the hour record for many years. 11 Grand Tours, nineteen monuments, two World Championships, and a staggering ratio of events won to events entered (almost a third). Lance is a ****ing joke by comparison.

Spot on assessment!

I swear, if I have to explain who "Eddy" is.......... o_O

Sadly I think you might well have to explain who Eddy is.

His palmares crushes everyone else in the sport and that includes the likes of Coppi, Hinault, LeMond, Anquetil and Indurain.

Merckx half man half bike is worth reading, if only to gives us youngster some small insight in to what it was like to see EM race and to try to race against EM.

You make a good argument. The drug of choice in that era was amphetimens. I think he was great despite the fact he was caught with Fencamfamine in his blood during a Grand Tour and in a perfect example of how they didn't take doping very seriously, he didn't stay suspended for even the one month he was given. I've never read an explanation of how UCI justified clearing him. He tested and retested positive. If Lance ever tested positive in a Tour for EPO do you think any excuses about handling mattered. It would have been at least 2 years.

Yes, there's yellow bracelet in a dresser drawer. The biggest shame about this mess is what it did to LAF.

Like I say, you make a good case for Eddy, but joke comment is a joke. Nobody ever won 7 let alone in a row. That's no joke especially knowing everybody had the needles.

Shall I find the video taken of Eddy in Lances room during the 2010 TDF where he calls Lance the greatest of all time?

****** was a mass murdered. La is allegedly a cheating sportsman. The two hardly constitute the same degree of evil. You feel that the same level of justic ought to apply do you? Let's restart the Nuremberg trials for doping cyclists. Sod the idea of banning them just hang em high. That might cause them to rethink whether they'll dope.