Legit supplements?



ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
SUBIEspecial said:

I personally got involved with Juice Plus because it was the only supplement that was clinically proven to work. I came down with MS 4 years ago and realized I wasn't eating enough fruits and veggies, so the idea of fruits and veggies in a capsule or chewable made sense to me. It's recently been proven in clinical testing to increase recovery after a strenuous workout.

I also was told by Dr. Rosenfeld (Parade magazine and Fox) to take a very high quality fish oil along with Juice Plus and Vineyard as a foundation of good health. Even some NFL teams are using it.
 

Chapeau!

New Member
Jul 31, 2010
593
1
0
Look-up these.

Biotest Beta 7, Beta Alanine, San V12 Turbo, Reflex Tri-Matrix Evolution have been documented to increase athletic performance (physically & mentally).
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
Chapeau! said:
Look-up these.

Biotest Beta 7, Beta Alanine, San V12 Turbo, Reflex Tri-Matrix Evolution have been documented to increase athletic performance (physically & mentally).

I will check them out, but Juice Plus is whole food and not a segmented vitamin and that's what I like about it so much. It's also the gold standard of research as it has all 5 steps such as, third party, double blind tested and published. Juice Plus is used by world class athletes (just endorsed by the German, Swiss Olympic teams). Bear Grylls also has used it since he was a kid as it's been around over 16 yrs.

I will check out the others too as I'm open to new information and clinical testing. You have to be when you have MS, lol. Thanks.
 

kennymevrick

New Member
Sep 3, 2010
4
0
0
Some supplements are really good for our body and also its good for our health, Vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients are the body's fundamental building blocks. They support a strong foundation and are responsible for our energy levels, performance and vitality.
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
kennymevrick said:
Some supplements are really good for our body and also its good for our health, Vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients are the body's fundamental building blocks. They support a strong foundation and are responsible for our energy levels, performance and vitality.

You are correct, however nearly all the ones you purchase are man made and synthesized and not of the levels that may be on the lable. These are not bio available to the body and that's the reason we 'pass' them. Wouldn't you rather use natural, whole food along with specific supplements in order to set up the proper foundation of health? I use many things, however in the end, Juice Plus is the only product of it's kind that has the gold standard of clinical research backing it. There are at least two NFL teams who use it along with everything else they use and they swear by it as it helps in the recovery time of it's players and their injuries are down (especially joint ones). I'm not against anything that folks want to put in their bodies, but since I have MS, I'm much much more interested in what's going in, lol.
 

Chapeau!

New Member
Jul 31, 2010
593
1
0
ctsooner said:
You are correct, however nearly all the ones you purchase are man made and synthesized and not of the levels that may be on the lable. These are not bio available to the body and that's the reason we 'pass' them. Wouldn't you rather use natural, whole food along with specific supplements in order to set up the proper foundation of health? I use many things, however in the end, Juice Plus is the only product of it's kind that has the gold standard of clinical research backing it. There are at least two NFL teams who use it along with everything else they use and they swear by it as it helps in the recovery time of it's players and their injuries are down (especially joint ones). I'm not against anything that folks want to put in their bodies, but since I have MS, I'm much much more interested in what's going in, lol.

You wouldn't happen to be the CEO of the company that produces Juice Plus would you?. lol.

Wikipedia said:
Studies of Juice Plus' effects have generated conflicting and controversial results.

I eat whole foods. Supplement caps can't rival.
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
Chapeau! said:
You wouldn't happen to be the CEO of the company that produces Juice Plus would you?. lol.



I eat whole foods. Supplement caps can't rival.

Not even close to the CEO, lol. I have MS and it's helped me greatly. My family and I eat very well, but there is no way to properly (and costly) get 9 or more raw servings of fruits and veggies in the right colors of the rainbow, so JP just makes it easier for all of us. It's just a passion I have for helping others and learning. I've had too much of my health taken from me at too early an age, so I have no problems sharing info. It's up to everyone to make their own choices and I hope I haven't been obnoxious as that's not what I'm about, nor is that what JP is about. I'm on this board actually to figure out if I'm going to sell a collector bike that I own, lol. I always look into health sites and this one had one, so that's why I posted. I appreciate your feedback.

Also, in Wikipedia there is one things that says it can't prove itself or something like that, however it's been clinically proven in over 17 tests over 16 years and the testing has been the gold standard of testing, just like meds etc... There is a dr out there who missed the boat when JP went to market and he has an ax to grind against the company. I look at the label of the product and it contains only the fruits and veggies that are in the chewable or capsule. It was much safer for me to try than other supplements out there. It took me one year of research to finally pull the trigger, lol. I wish it didn't, but I'm glad I finally did. :)
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
155
0
ctsooner said:
Not even close to the CEO, lol. I have MS and it's helped me greatly. My family and I eat very well, but there is no way to properly (and costly) get 9 or more raw servings of fruits and veggies in the right colors of the rainbow, so JP just makes it easier for all of us.

This is just factually wrong. It is absolutely possible to eat regular food and get all of the nutrients that the body needs.
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
alienator said:
This is just factually wrong. It is absolutely possible to eat regular food and get all of the nutrients that the body needs.

Wow, not here to start anything, but feel free to post what you want. When I make the statement that I can't get 9 raw servings a day in of tree, vine rippened etc... at a fair cost, it's just met. My stores don't get food that is picked at peak ripeness as they have to get it to market, plus they don't rotate the crops anymore etc... It's also way too costly to get 100% pesticide free stuff, unless you know where everything came from and now days, that's nearly impossible unless you grow your own (we don't). Even if we had farms that we bought from year round, I wouldn't know the right ratios etc... As I mentioned we eat a pretty healthy and complete diet, but it's just not totally raw and I travel at times and can't guarantee the same product that I may be able to get at home, while on the road. Most folks just can't do that.

I'm not asking anyone to purchase it or to even go to my website. If they want to great, but I've found a great product that puts a food label on itself and is approved for professional athletes.
 

the cyclops

New Member
Jul 25, 2010
84
0
0
ctsooner said:
Wow, not here to start anything, but feel free to post what you want. When I make the statement that I can't get 9 raw servings a day in of tree, vine rippened etc... at a fair cost, it's just met. My stores don't get food that is picked at peak ripeness as they have to get it to market, plus they don't rotate the crops anymore etc... It's also way too costly to get 100% pesticide free stuff, unless you know where everything came from and now days, that's nearly impossible unless you grow your own (we don't). Even if we had farms that we bought from year round, I wouldn't know the right ratios etc... As I mentioned we eat a pretty healthy and complete diet, but it's just not totally raw and I travel at times and can't guarantee the same product that I may be able to get at home, while on the road. Most folks just can't do that.

I'm not asking anyone to purchase it or to even go to my website. If they want to great, but I've found a great product that puts a food label on itself and is approved for professional athletes.
Alienater is correct and if you are not a saleman,ceo or board member then I am santa claus...
The Long List Of Juice Plus Complaints
Juice Plus+ Scam or Not? - Yahoo! Answers

A Few Juicy Problems
Their Juice Plus Gummies supplement for kids were found to have around 80% corn syrup and 10% beef gelatin, making the product almost without nutritional benefit. So these are not much better than the gummy vitamin/mineral bears that you can buy at your local store. Both are basically just candy!
I assume that their other products probably have a higher quality of nutrition than this but I saw some other problems that made me shy away.
The Biggest Problem
I could not find any of the product labels on their site.
The biggest problem that I saw was that in all of the poking around on their company website, I could not find any of the product labels for any of their products! What are they trying to hide? Sure they list a few fruits and vegetables, but they don't say how much of each fruit that they use. They don't show you the nutritional facts so you can see how much sugar and natural or artificial ingredients are in each product.
I did not like that I had to buy the product to see the product labels.
Some other problems that I saw ...
1. The products were not unique enough
2. There was not enough research and science
3. The testimonials were lacking
4. The products were not manufactured to high enough standards to make me want to pay the extra money for them
5. Not all of their ingredients were organic and/or plant-based.
Juice Plus Research
One thing that caught my interest when first evaluating Juice Plus was that the product had at least been in scientific journals such as Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Nutrition Research, Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Integrative Medicine.
But wait a second! I soon discovered that of the the published peer-reviewed studies, only one was conducted independently! The others were all funded and/or authored by the manufacturer, the main distributor, or by individual Juice Plus distributors. That made me a little leery!
Juice Plus Testimonials
One serious mistake that was made, was in choosing former professional football player O.J. Simpson to be celebrity endorser of the product. Simpson was given a multi-year six-figure contract to sign on with NSA as a icon for the company. I personally like to see a company that has a product that is so good that star athletes use the supplement on their own, simply because they like the added performance gain and benefits that they get while using them.
The testimonial of O.J. Simpson was thrown even further out after he was charged with murdering his wife and her friend Ronald Goldman. In March of 1994, shortly before these murders took place, he was videotaped telling 4,000 Juice Plus distributors at a sales meeting that Juice Plus+ had cured his arthritis, enhanced his golf game, and freed him from needing to use anti-arthritic drugs. However, his defense attorneys in the criminal trial in 1995 and civil trial in 1997 (and in his 2007 book If I Did It) all suggested that Simpson was so handicapped by arthritis that he could not have committed the murders. They also went on to say that Simpson was using a variety of potent anti-inflammatory drugs, such as sulfasalazine and ibuprofen. Well, these may have been what improved his arthritis enough to allow him to have an enhanced golf game...
TAKE YOUR SPAM ELSE WHERE,OR I WILL START PLAYING HARDBALL.
 

Chapeau!

New Member
Jul 31, 2010
593
1
0
ctsooner said:
Not even close to the CEO, lol. I have MS and it's helped me greatly. My family and I eat very well, but there is no way to properly (and costly) get 9 or more raw servings of fruits and veggies in the right colors of the rainbow, so JP just makes it easier for all of us.

What, by sticking powder into a capsule?. No thanks.
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
Chapeau! said:
What do you believe to be the cause of your multiple sclerosis?.

I didn't make my original post to get into a long heated debate that won't be won by anyone. That's just foolish and not what I'm about (for anyone who knows me). I'm a retired Naval Commander (ship driver) who has lived my life with integrity and I intend to keep it that way. Folks can find any info on the net, good or bad and believe it. I'm sure you've seen such negative things posted about a bike part you may like. It's why there are so many options and the reason our free market works. The first sentence of one of the above negative posts talks about the chewables having corn syrup. They don't . They may have in the past, but no more. I'm really not here to debate, shill or do anything with any product. I like to learn about other products that are out there and have gone to the sites that someone above has shared with me. I'm very open minded. Let's just agree to disagree and leave that part of this thread alone.

As for my MS, I've had it for 4 years that I know of. Transverse Mylitis is how it manifested itself and I'm numb from the waist down and have terrible balance (I fall about 4 times a day). I found a bike that I'm able to ride on occasion (a neat Cannondale) and I get out to ride a couple of times a summer. I have a neat XO-3 from Bridgestone that has only 3 miles on it (long story about an ex wife and storage, lol) that I may sell as I can no longer ride it as the geometry throws me off big time.
 

Chapeau!

New Member
Jul 31, 2010
593
1
0
ctsooner said:
As for my MS, I've had it for 4 years that I know of. Transverse Mylitis is how it manifested itself and I'm numb from the waist down and have terrible balance (I fall about 4 times a day). I found a bike that I'm able to ride on occasion (a neat Cannondale) and I get out to ride a couple of times a summer. I have a neat XO-3 from Bridgestone that has only 3 miles on it (long story about an ex wife and storage, lol) that I may sell as I can no longer ride it as the geometry throws me off big time.

Do you believe you could be "feeding" your symptoms, the inflammation, infections etc through diet?.

I'm someone who believes what one consumes has great implications on general health (even foods with substantial health claims can burden the immune system).

From experience, my personal inflammatory diseases & autoimmune disease/s? were solved by eradicating certain foods from my diet.

It was one big experiment in trial & error & keeping a diary, & now I'm in perfect health.

If I go back to consuming high sugar, milk, red meat, alcohol, excessive eating<<< (even fruit & vegatables), my inflammatory diseases will reappear & my immune system will be burdened. There will never be a drug which could protect my body against such an onslaught from them foods/beverages.

Are you numb from the waist down EVERYDAY, morning till night?.
 

ctsooner

New Member
Mar 19, 2009
9
0
0
Chapeau! said:
Do you believe you could be "feeding" your symptoms, the inflammation, infections etc through diet?.

I'm someone who believes what one consumes has great implications on general health (even foods with substantial health claims can burden the immune system).

From experience, my personal inflammatory diseases & autoimmune disease/s? were solved by eradicating certain foods from my diet.

It was one big experiment in trial & error & keeping a diary, & now I'm in perfect health.

If I go back to consuming high sugar, milk, red meat, alcohol, excessive eating<<< (even fruit & vegatables), my inflammatory diseases will reappear & my immune system will be burdened. There will never be a drug which could protect my body against such an onslaught from them foods/beverages.

Are you numb from the waist down EVERYDAY, morning till night?.

Yes, I'm numb 24/7. I have some feeling as my myelin was eaten at T10. It was the quickest and worst onset they've ever seen. It happened over a one week period. Went to doc (couldn't have anything touch my feet at that point) and came home 10 weeks later using a wheel chair. I changed everything to reduce inflammation. Nearly everything from the list you mentioned. I get fatigued daily and that's where the JP has helped keep me off the fatigue meds. I've tried not taking it and then taking different doses etc... I haven't shown more inflammation when taking/eating the JP or the fish oil. One of my docs is Howard Weiner who wrote the book Curing MS. Howard is my cousins best friend (they worked together at Harvard) so I'm a lucky guy. Most docs don't care about what we consume though, so we are on an island in that regards. My neuropathy may take forever for the body to try and fix it, but I try. That's great for you to be in good health again. I've been doing a lot to give back and help others who need more than I do. I'm fortunate in that I have a great set of docs and have even been part of some research for drop foot and other walking issues.