Livestrong Foundation in danger

don't hate the messenger. i think it sucks that donations could cease to come in but i had feeling it was inevitable.

The Livestrong Foundation should be reaching out and helping Floyd. After all he is a cancer.:p

It would be ashame about the organization and public opinion is huge in the success or failure of a nonprofit. But I think that even if past donors don't want to give to the Livestrong Foundation they probably have a vested interest in cancer research and will donate to the American Cancer Society or another big organization.

roadhouse said:
don't hate the messenger. i think it sucks that donations could cease to come in but i had feeling it was inevitable.

Not hating on the messenger. I'm just saying, "So what?" Who cares? Nobody's going to care, because everyone will just donate to another society.

Yes, it does suck that the Livestrong Foundation might bomb, because they are a positive organization. It's just unfortunate that the man behind it may be proven a cheat.

GT Fanatic said:
Not hating on the messenger. I'm just saying, "So what?" Who cares? Nobody's going to care, because everyone will just donate to another society.

Yes, it does suck that the Livestrong Foundation might bomb, because they are a positive organization. It's just unfortunate that the man behind it may be proven a cheat.

yoy keep saying "i don't care" or "know one is gonna care"...325 million dollars and hundreds of thousands of peoples lives directly or indirectly related to this particluar foundation is more than enough to prove that people already care and printing an article about something that no cares about in the Washington Post of all papers is nothing to not care about and that's not counting the athletes.

cyclists, much like those such as yourself who don't care, show up not caring on threads like this one stating that no one cares all the time.

Armstrong's money making cancer brand is small fry when it comes to charitable cancer organizations. The big ones raise many times more money in a single year than Armstrong has raised in ten years. Armstrong going down in flames won't affect cancer charity one bit.

GT, i wasn't trying to come off offensive but as the article states and is the case now and again when it comes to sports figures, their personal demise is what causes anything that comes crashing down that is directly related to them, in this case The Livestrong Foundation, that cause people to care. Lance is not just some guy who started a foundation, he's THE guy who started Livestrong, probably the biggest or at least most well known name in cancer research (funding) today.

it's not so much the money involved, or lack of it comparatively as Bro Deal just stated as yes, money will still go to cancer research elsewhere just as it had long before Livestrong, but the name behind it...and the scandal involved with that name.

time will tell, i guess. my two cents.

roadhouse said:
^see, here's another one who cares enough to post on the matter.

^ And here's the guy that acts like he's Lance Armstrong's bitter ex-lover.

Dude, all you do is post about what a dirtbag Lance is. Don't you ever get tired of it? I mean, really. We all know you hate Lance, and dare I say that I think you have a personal vendetta against the guy, like he did you wrong. Did he do you wrong, because I'm just curious.

I'm not being rude. Just saying...

As for Lance's foundation, the money will still be disbursed to where it needs to go.

GT Fanatic said:
^ And here's the guy that acts like he's Lance Armstrong's bitter ex-lover.

Dude, all you do is post about what a dirtbag Lance is. Don't you ever get tired of it? I mean, really. We all know you hate Lance, and dare I say that I think you have a personal vendetta against the guy, like he did you wrong. Did he do you wrong, because I'm just curious.

I'm not being rude. Just saying...

As for Lance's foundation, the money will still be disbursed to where it needs to go.

I believed, much as in the same manner that people who follow politics and then are lied to by their own party, in what I thought was an honest man.

i have personally followed Lance since i started riding and in true to form quite the gung ho fashion and it's not gonna stop until i now see him in prison.

roadhouse said:
I believed, much as in the same manner that people who follow politics and then are lied to by their own party, in what I thought was an honest man.

i have personally followed Lance since i started riding and in true to form quite the gung ho fashion and it's not gonna stop until i now see him in prison.

Oooookay, like that's normal. Good to see we're all amongst the company of a celebrity stalker.

roadhouse said:
Gt, do you even ride a bike?

< snip >

No, I've never been on a bike before. I'm still learning how to ride. :rolleyes:

< snip >

I'd be willing to bet that you're the same type of person who would flip out if forums quit using post-counts. You are, aren't you...

funny_meow_kitten.jpg

:D

cyberlegend1994 said:
Could we please keep the nonsense out of this thread?

That's a lot to ask, this thread looks like it's gone down a pretty nonsense-heavy road.

back on track, Armstrong's foundation could be in trouble

Lance Armstrong Inc.

The legacy: Cycling champion Lance Armstrong is a well-paid pitchman, but his richest legacy is riding on Livestrong, the cancer foundation he started 13 years ago after overcoming the disease.
The foundation: The foundation has raised $325 million since its inception and was the nation's 10th-largest cancer foundation, based on revenue in 2008, according to research firm GuideStar.
The risk: Philanthropy experts say that donations to the foundation are at risk now that the federal government is investigating allegations that Armstrong took banned drugs and tried to cover it up.