LiveStrong Yellow Bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies.
sportzgurl said:
Oh honey im really sorry to hear that. Why do you have to wait 6 months? I think from what I remember of my mum, she had a mammo and then after they found the little spot or whatever they gave her an operation to take a sample of it. She didn't have to wait for another mammo. Why do you?>>>>>

I'd never had a mammo before and they had nothing to compare it with. They say they saw a "calcification" in the left breast in the outer upper quadrant (where 50% of all breast cancers are found). They said many women my age get calcifications but they need to make sure. In 6 mos they'll know if it changed any.

I've been assured that if they really suspected cancer, I'd have already been operated on. I'll let you know how it goes!

sportzgirl - i am new 2 this site but am inspired by what lance armstrong has done. i would like to support cancer in any way i can do u know a website where i could purchase the livestrong arm bands or if you can buy them in new zealand. i would really like to show my support to others. would be great if you could help:)

anne187 said:
sportzgirl - i am new 2 this site but am inspired by what lance armstrong has done. i would like to support cancer in any way i can do u know a website where i could purchase the livestrong arm bands or if you can buy them in new zealand. i would really like to show my support to others. would be great if you could help:)
Hey cool! Welcome! This is your first post-were you scared?? I was of my first one!! Are you from New Zealand? Ok, you can't buy them in New Zealand but if you go to www.laf.org you will get onto the livestrong website and you can order them there. If your wrist is small get the youth size. It fits me and my mum easily. It cost us $30.77 to get them. I used a credit card with no probs.
I hope I am of some help to you! Good Luck :)

I got my bracelets today! They`re cool but a little too big! If I would know that before I `ll maybe order smaller ones for children hehe..

Virenque said:
I got my bracelets today! They`re cool but a little too big! If I would know that before I `ll maybe order smaller ones for children hehe..
Yeah they are pretty big! Did you get the adult size?

Well I have some very ironic news!! It was kind off good timing that I got the braclets now because my mum has just been diagnosed with cancer in her lungs. Which they think came from her breast cancer. So it was good timing!! She thinks shes going to write a a couple of books like Lance. She wants to be an equestrian and ride horses, so we think think she should call the books, its not about the horse and every rail counts!!! Hehe not that she will ever do it of course but it was funny at the time!! :)

They really need to let people know this:

If you are a MAN of average size or heavy, you need the ADULT size.

If you are a kid or a woman who ios thin to average size, you need YOUTH size.

Fat women and men (say, over 250 lbs) might need the ADULT size but anybody thinner should wear YOUTH size. I made the mistake of buying an ADULT size when they first came out, and the darn thing kept getting stuck on everything! I didnt' solve the problem until I bought a YOUTH size.

I`m normal hehe but I think youth one would suit much better! But now I get used to it and I won`t buy youth ones..

HellonWheels said:
It seems they're hard as heck to come by right now...my son has kids at school begging him for them daily, some offering to pay him ten bucks each if he can get them one (he wears one so that's why they ask.)

I have been ordering them to give out, but the LAF site is down for maintenance and before they went down for updates/repairs, they said the bracelets were being back ordered, and that was in August!

Anyone know what's going on??

Sites I checked:

http://www.laf.org

http://www.wearyellow.com
I just ordered 30 from the Discovery Channel web store (click link below) to give away at xmas. They show them as in stock and you can buy them individually or in sets of 10. They are supposed to arrive within 3 to 5 business days, I'll make another post when they arrive. The Discovery Channel stores sell them also, but the one near here only had a few of the youth size and no adult sized and didn't know when they would receive more.

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?endecaSID=10093FE9297F&langId=-1&storeId=10000&productId=56528&catalogId=10000

hi
i'm from merida yucatan mexico
and i wanna order some bracelet
but the sistem told me when i put my credit card number and when i push click on proceed the sistem told me that:

Your order can not be placed due to verification problems with this
card and/or billing address. Please contact LAF Store for details

and i wanna know why told me this the sistem

you know why the sistem told me this?

i hope answers and if you can help me i'll appreciate your help

i wanna know if in the page www.laf.org
send the bracelets to mexico
'cause i wanna buy some of this items
but the pege told something about this

card and/or billing address. Please contact LAF Store for details.

and i wanna know if you know other page to order this items
i specting for answers
thank you

When you order them from the Lance Armstrong foundation http://66.179.198.182/ you have to order at least 10 to make other handling and shipping worthwhile. If you get them from anywhere else, you stand a very good chance of getting scammed. If you want to give some creep $10 or even $1 for a colored rubber band, that's your business, but don't pat yourself on the back too hard for helping our a good cause!

It's great that this has become so popular that people really want them but it's sad that people will allow the scammers to rip them off for their own greed.

angelillocaido said:
i wanna know if in the page www.laf.org
send the bracelets to mexico
'cause i wanna buy some of this items
but the pege told something about this

card and/or billing address. Please contact LAF Store for details.

and i wanna know if you know other page to order this items
i specting for answers
thank you
I was just in Mexico on business and it seemed the entire nation already has the bracelet.

Does anyone know where to get the wristbands from sydney , australia and if there is a place please tell me where it is in sydney.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.