Long Distance cycle buddy needed

City

Mar 26, 2007
Hi,

I am la female rider looking for a male or female cycling buddy to join me on my weekly long distance rides. At the moment I ride on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday two being 65 miles and one 45 miles with the average speed being anything between 13mph - 15mph (depending on the strength of the tail wind :0)...)

Most of my rides I do are from Brockley to Surrey and one of the days being spent riding around in Richmond Park.

I would like someone to train with, I am happy to move my days around if need be but I am unable to ride over the weekends as this is when I work.

It would be really great to have the company of another human being rather than just the cycle computer!

Drop me a email if your interested :D

Yes there are loads in my local area that do group rides on the weekends.

City said:
Yes there are loads in my local area that do group rides on the weekends.
My club does weekend rides but there are also quite a few of us who ride during the week too, either with a few people in the daytime or as a group in the evenings (though with the days getting shorter that will happen less often).

It's really worth joining a club so you can get on a club forum and find some regular training partners. The Dulwich Paragon apparently have a google group with people who ride at around your pace, have a look there?

DPNC | Google Groups

And check out the LFGSS Rides and Races forum too:

Rides & Races - London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Hi Smaryka,

Thanks for the links. I've been with a cycling club now for a couple of years but they don't do weekday or evening rides. I know some clubs that do weekday evening rides but thats in a chaingang and their just way too fast for me to keep up with them.

I will have a look at the links you posted hopefully I maybe able to find something on there.

Thanks Smaryka

smaryka said:
My club does weekend rides but there are also quite a few of us who ride during the week too, either with a few people in the daytime or as a group in the evenings (though with the days getting shorter that will happen less often).

It's really worth joining a club so you can get on a club forum and find some regular training partners. The Dulwich Paragon apparently have a google group with people who ride at around your pace, have a look there?

DPNC | Google Groups

And check out the LFGSS Rides and Races forum too:

Rides & Races - London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Hi,

I am in Lincoln City in Oregon, USA tonight on a road trip but on motorbikes but I am planning on coming back next year to cycle this amzing coast line.

I was wondering whether you are still looking for training partner?

Best wishes

Craig