Looking To Upgrade From My Starter Bike

GB135

Sep 2, 2015
I started road cycling about two years ago when my now 45 y/o legs started to complain about running to stay in shape. My starter/current bike is a Giant Defy 5, but now that I know I enjoy and plan to stick with cycling I am looking for a bike upgrade that will make logging more miles that much more enjoyable.
The standard arguments apply; aluminum or carbon, and do I spend more on frame or drivetrain.
To help guide the discussion, I'm typically cranking out 50-60 miles per week, mostly solo with group rides when I can fit them into the work/dad/life/other activities schedule. Not planning to be a racer, but the occasional local event is not out of the question, and I'm definitely working up to century ride plans, and maybe a multi-day recreational tour ride.
Models I'm considering are all available at local or nearby shops so I can fit and test ride each. Here are the candidates, in no particular order:

Giant Defy Advanced
Cannondale Synapse
Pinarello Razha K
Trek Domane 4 series
Ridley Fenix

I know I probably can't go wrong with any of those, so I'm really wondering about ownership experiences with those, or if there are comparable off brands that can match the quality/durability/service of sticking with one of these main brands.

Go! :)