Magura cantis on to U brake bosses?

bobbyb272

Guest
I have a 87-88 Merlin Ti frame with U brake bosses on the seat stays.
I hate the U brake and it out weighs my frame.
I missed the last WTB U brake replacement in town 5 years ago.
Merlin wants more money to install canti bosses than a new frame.
I was told that it is possible to mount Magura hydraulic rim brakes on
to these
bosses with some giggering.
Does anybody have any knowledge on this matter?
Or have a WTB U brake to sell?????

On Jun 19, 4:42 pm, bobbyb272 <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a 87-88 Merlin Ti frame with U brake bosses on the seat stays.
> I hate the U brake and it out weighs my frame.
> I missed the last WTB U brake replacement in town 5 years ago.
> Merlin wants more money to install canti bosses than a new frame.
> I was told that it is possible to mount Magura hydraulic rim brakes on
> to these
> bosses with some giggering.
> Does anybody have any knowledge on this matter?
> Or have a WTB U brake to sell?????

Suntour Rollercams, licensed from Cunningham/WTB:
http://tinyurl.com/2m9fbf
or
http://tinyurl.com/3ywtoh

bobbyb272 wrote:
> I have a 87-88 Merlin Ti frame with U brake bosses on the seat stays.
> I hate the U brake and it out weighs my frame.
> I missed the last WTB U brake replacement in town 5 years ago.
> Merlin wants more money to install canti bosses than a new frame.
> I was told that it is possible to mount Magura hydraulic rim brakes on
> to these
> bosses with some giggering.
> Does anybody have any knowledge on this matter?
> Or have a WTB U brake to sell?????

You'll want the previous style mounting brackets with the L-shaped
fingers instead of the latest version with the nasty perforated steel
plate. If the pivots are >8 mm you'll need to file them.

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl