Makes you wonder

charliechops said:
This article from nearby my area.This kind of thing makes you wonder...13 cyclists.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20183554-952,00.html

Wonder about what?.....the gross stupidity of the motorist?. Every day we hear about more cyclists being 'mown' down by cretins behind the wheel of a car who have absolutely no regard for anything, or anyone but themselves. Granted, cyclists aren't always doing the right thing, but the laws need to be toughened to include heavier penalties for this kind of thing. Basically, if you get behind the wheel of a car & 'mow' down a cyclist, its attempted murder as far as I'm concerned & should be treated as such. wait till petrol gets to $3 a lt...then who'll be having the last laugh! :)

It would be nice if everyone thought the cyclist in front of them could be a loved one, or friend et. Just for that split second, or even waiting 3 seconds that numnuts in his bogan chariot could have avoided all that termoil for those cyclists out enjoying themselves. $3/lt for petrol will only put more 'targets' on the road for wankers like this one.

charliechops said:
$3/lt for petrol will only put more 'targets' on the road for wankers like this one.

At $3 LT...the bogans won't be able to afford to drive.....it'll force the price of moccassins, 'winnie blues' & trackie dacks to outrageous levels...the bogans will have to make some lifestyle choices! :D

Hitchy said:
At $3 LT...the bogans won't be able to afford to drive.....it'll force the price of moccassins, 'winnie blues' & trackie dacks to outrageous levels...the bogans will have to make some lifestyle choices! :D
Ha ha ha ha ha ...nice one.You gave me a good laugh before I head out and face the the roads with those mullet driven rust buckets.You forgot to mention the flano and uggies.:)

xxamr_corpxx said:
We ought to set up a vigilante group!

I've seen a few threads started by seppo's that go along the lines of "Do you carry a gun when cycling?".....WTF?....it quickly evolved into, not only do you carry a gun, but which ones are the best for 'stopping' motorists etc....I think I remember telling 'em I had a 'carbon fibre Howitzer' that I towed around on a trailer.....the really sad bit, was that I got a PM from one of these 'rednecks' asking where i got it from & how much it cost & would it be legal in California!......Seppo's are scary! :D

Clearly if there are 13 or more riders in a bunch, a car must be able to see them. This guy has apparrently " Clipped " a cyclist. How the F@#$ do you clip a cyclist. You drive straight into them thats how. How close was this bloke. I think he has done it on purpose. He has tried to get real close to the bunch to scare them and he has misjudged the distance. For this newspaper to call it an accident is absurd as well as an insult to the riders in hospital. Accidents like this dont just happen. They are avoidable.

When a car passes you when your riding single breasted on the road, there should be a legally appropriate passing distance between rider and car. It should be well known in the community. The onous has to be on the car driver to avoid the rider. When a bunch is riding two abreast, cars should by law be made to pass in the outer most lane, or overtake the same way you would any other vehicle on the road.

Our state governments have a lot to answer for. Both state and local.

MPCRUSHER said:
Clearly if there are 13 or more riders in a bunch, a car must be able to see them. This guy has apparrently " Clipped " a cyclist. How the F@#$ do you clip a cyclist.QUOTE]
Exactly what i was thinking?!?!?!? Bloody idiot motorists....

MPCRUSHER said:
Clearly if there are 13 or more riders in a bunch, a car must be able to see them. This guy has apparrently " Clipped " a cyclist. How the F@#$ do you clip a cyclist. You drive straight into them thats how. How close was this bloke. I think he has done it on purpose. .
There is a pretty good chance that bevan boy was trying to get as close as he could. Bald Hills is a place where they seem to breed up and comming bevans (sorry if you live there).On that note, I had to live there for a couple of years while I was building a house.Couldn't wait to get out of there.I don't know if my uggies had enough wool in them, I couldn't stand wearing tight black jeans (tighter than knicks) in the summer especially while out doing those big rides, plus my enormous mullet wouldn't fit under my helmet.:p

My opinion, I don't try to offend anyone. From what I notice, I grow a hate toward Holden Commodore. The car is nothing but bad luck. I've seen on the road where this car always try to speed/accelerate to show off.

There'e quite a few accidents caused by this car. I was had almost death experience hit by a commodore. The power produced by this car will always tempts anyone especially teenagers to test its power, and many times it's either caused annoyance to other motorists or the driver ends up under graveyard.

Again, i'm sorry if you feel I'm offending you, it's my personal opinion.:)

mysrh said:
My opinion, I don't try to offend anyone.
Again, i'm sorry if you feel I'm offending you, it's my personal opinion.:)
If your opinion stops this sort of thing from happening then shout it from the rooftops.That's what this sight is about...differences of opinion.:D

Thats exactly what I mean!!! And for those who think "smiling at the offender" is the correct thing to do, I totally disagree!!! (very angry at the moment...):mad:

I am not one to "let nature take its toll" or "report them to some naughty driver website". If someone tries to run me over (and I was just doing the right thing) and I get that license plate. I will do what ever I can to make them regret it... BADLY!!! (still very angry...):mad: :mad:

Dont mean to spur on debates here but niceness will never stop stupidity!!!

makes you wonder... yep, it sure does.

it makes me wonder how the hell these idiots got their license to drive in the first place.

if the bunch of 13 riders was another car, i dont think this moron would have been as close as he was when overtaking, so why is it any different when its not a car? he should have exercised even greater care as skin and bone is not as a good protectant for the riders as say, sitting in a sardine can with airbags and spewing fumes.

and seriously, getting to your destination 2 or 3 seconds faster only counts if you are a race car driver on the track, which this idiot definitely isnt.

Has any one else seen the blog about this on www.news.com.au? there are some scary motorists out there. refering to cyclists as "road vermin". wanting to kill and maim. I could not believe some of the trash talk that was being generated by these so called human beings. wanting another person dead because they don't travel as fast as they do! Most of these comments are coming from Sydney and not Brisbane but, holy road rager batman!

The thing I find so very offensive is people like Gray Hughes (Hughes is responsable for the article that says 40% of car/bike accidents are the fault of the bike) and Terry Sweatman writing for SMH and CM perpetuating this stuff. Sweatman wrote an article late last year that was increadibly offensive to cyclists. These printed comments only incite the idiots to put all of us in danger. They see one cyclist go through a red light or not give way and we all become tarred with the same brush in their eyes. What about the amount of car accidents that there are? all because they can't be bothered to look where they are going. Makes me wonder how another human can so deliberately put another in a position where they might loose their life, for the sake of a few laughs.

charliechops said:
If your opinion stops this sort of thing from happening then shout it from the rooftops.That's what this sight is about...differences of opinion.:D
Yeah, visiting too many forums make me more careful when saying my opinion, never know how defensive people can be, especially with Holden Commodore being Aussie fave car.:p

Really those people with those bizzare attitude toward certain things should put theirselves in it. They should really visualise if their spouse/children getting hit by cars, and people laugh at them, only then they will eat their heart out.

The 60% riders at fault figure comes from this publiciation.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2006/pdf/death_cyclists_road.pdf

What I don't get is that the most common accident was being hit in the rear by a car. However the same paper says 60% of riders were at fault.

To clip a cyclist in the middle of the bunch, one would have to ask the question, was the motorist delibertry going as close as possible to the cyclists?