male and female bike difference

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, "Doug Kanter"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Look. Trek does distinctive colour schemes for most WSD bikes:
> > >
> > > http://www.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2003/road/large/2300wsd.jpg
> > >
> > > Does that look like a manly colour to you?
> > >

> > I believe you have to mount one of these on that bike, or it's not really manly:
> > http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/images/163500_lrg.jpg
>
> Yessir. That would make any bike look manly.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Ryan it's not about the guns! If you want a "manly" bike you'll have to give up that sissy road
riding stuff and get with something like this: http://www.militarybikes.com/civilian.html You don't
have to shoot a gun. Even smoke jumpers like them! Best regards, Bernie

In article <[email protected]>, Bernie <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>, "Doug Kanter"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > I believe you have to mount one of these on that bike, or it's not really manly:
> > > http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/images/163500_lrg.jpg
> >
> > Yessir. That would make any bike look manly.
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni
> > Fan Club
>
> Ryan it's not about the guns! If you want a "manly" bike you'll have to give up that sissy road
> riding stuff and get with something like this: http://www.militarybikes.com/civilian.html You
> don't have to shoot a gun. Even smoke jumpers like them! Best regards, Bernie

My latest bike is a Kona Kilauea (steel, baby!) with a Marzocchi Z2 (Bomber, baby!). I think
it's plenty manly enough. It's named "Kilauea Beckle", and it looks real purty alongside my
Pinarello Pastiche.

Now, everyone savour the irony that I, with my fixed belief that Al is now both marginally cheaper
and lighter than steel when made into a frame, own two steel bikes and no Al ones. But whaddya gonna
do? It was a good price.

Steel is a deal,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Bernie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> > > Yessir. That would make any bike look manly.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan
> > > Club
> >
> > Ryan it's not about the guns! If you want a "manly" bike you'll have to give up that sissy road
> > riding stuff and get with something like this: http://www.militarybikes.com/civilian.html You
> > don't have to shoot a gun. Even smoke jumpers like them! Best regards, Bernie
>
> My latest bike is a Kona Kilauea (steel, baby!) with a Marzocchi Z2 (Bomber, baby!). I think it's
> plenty manly enough. It's named "Kilauea Beckle", and it looks real purty alongside my Pinarello
> Pastiche.
>
> Now, everyone savour the irony that I, with my fixed belief that Al is now both marginally cheaper
> and lighter than steel when made into a frame, own two steel bikes and no Al ones. But whaddya
> gonna do? It was a good price.
>
> Steel is a deal,
> --
> Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Well... if you're happy with it, I guess it will have to do. ;-) Best regards, Bernie

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message...
>> Fab, baby, snap out of it!
> That you even think about me shows you're slipping.

About the only time I think of recreational rider types is when they get in my way and I have to
yell at them to pull over to the right.

What makes me upset about you guys is that when someone asks me what I do and I tell them I'm a pro
cyclist I can see that their reference of cyclists is from the scruffy looking bike commuters and
other misc. type bike riders they see everyday when they are out driving.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message...
> >> Fab, baby, snap out of it!
> > That you even think about me shows you're slipping.
>
> About the only time I think of recreational rider types is when they get in my way and I have to
> yell at them to pull over to the right.
>
> What makes me upset about you guys is that when someone asks me what I do and I tell them I'm a
> pro cyclist I can see that their reference of cyclists is from the scruffy looking bike commuters
> and other misc. type bike riders they see everyday when they are out driving.

Yeah, those "scruffy types" are everywhere these days. Around here we call them "people". That
description separates them from the Euro Pros who of course are ... uhhh... what are they
again? Bernie

In article <[email protected]>, Bernie <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> > > That you even think about me shows you're slipping.
> >
> > About the only time I think of recreational rider types is when they get in my way and I have to
> > yell at them to pull over to the right.
> >
> > What makes me upset about you guys is that when someone asks me what I do and I tell them I'm a
> > pro cyclist I can see that their reference of cyclists is from the scruffy looking bike
> > commuters and other misc. type bike riders they see everyday when they are out driving.
>
> Yeah, those "scruffy types" are everywhere these days. Around here we call them "people". That
> description separates them from the Euro Pros who of course are ... uhhh... what are they
> again? Bernie

Ubermenschen. Hey, when's the last time you got a ticket for drafting a car at 90 km/h?

Guilty secret: I commute on my Pinarello and I own a mountain bike. Will Fabrizio forgive me?

OTOH, I did the very serious Seymour watershed ride last weekend, and put the serious big-ring hurt
on my riding companions as well as yelling at other cyclists to get out of the way. Then we went to
Starbucks. That's good, right?

Oh yeah, I went back and lead out the stragglers to gap them back up with the rest of the group.
That's bad, right?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Bernie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> > > About the only time I think of recreational rider types is when they get in my way and I have
> > > to yell at them to pull over to the right.
> > >
> > > What makes me upset about you guys is that when someone asks me what I do and I tell them I'm
> > > a pro cyclist I can see that their reference of cyclists is from the scruffy looking bike
> > > commuters and other misc. type bike riders they see everyday when they are out driving.
> >
> > Yeah, those "scruffy types" are everywhere these days. Around here we call them "people". That
> > description separates them from the Euro Pros who of course are ... uhhh... what are they again?
> > Bernie
>
> Ubermenschen. Hey, when's the last time you got a ticket for drafting a car at 90 km/h?
>
> Guilty secret: I commute on my Pinarello and I own a mountain bike. Will Fabrizio forgive me?
>
> OTOH, I did the very serious Seymour watershed ride last weekend, and put the serious big-ring
> hurt on my riding companions as well as yelling at other cyclists to get out of the way. Then we
> went to Starbucks. That's good, right?
>
> Oh yeah, I went back and lead out the stragglers to gap them back up with the rest of the group.
> That's bad, right?
> --
> Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Gee, you sound like some kind of scruffy Euro Pro? ;-)

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:31:38 GMT, <[email protected]>, a contemplative
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>About the only time I think of recreational rider types is when they get in my way and I have to
>yell at them to pull over to the right.

Fab, last week a wannabe roadie type lost more points than he would have otherwise for just riding
that Giant with the poorly coordinated tire colours.

I was headed down Heather and had launched off two speed bumps when I figured I had enough speed and
a light enough load to also clear a slightly sunken manhole cover. I think the back wheel just
caught the lip because my blinky bounced off and went clattering across the road right into his
path. He stopped, since he was going so slow, picked it up and handed it to me when I turned around
to go back for it.

I showed my appreciation by informing him that his tires didn't match his bike. His lack of style
was bordering obscene. See what you can do about reining in these wankers before they give roadies
a bad name.
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Fab, last week a wannabe roadie type lost more points than he would have otherwise for just riding
> that Giant with the poorly coordinated tire colours. I showed my appreciation by informing him
> that his tires didn't match his bike.

Those amateur riders are everywhere, you usually can tell if they are the real thing by how well
they are fitted on the bike, their pedaling cadence, if they are wearing a real team jersey, if they
ignore you types, etc.

Anyway, this year we aren't using coloured tires, the black/black (sidewall/top) look with deep
section carbon wheels is what you want to be seen with.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> tire

> if they are wearing a real team jersey snip --- >

You're right... . you can tell the real pro bicyclist by the... "Queer Gear" ...they wear.

<eyes rolling

I think you have some explaining to do:

AGAIN... FORWARDED the OFF TOPIC Troll "The Sniggler" to: AOL ... <sigh> "Oh I want to kiss pretty
CoCo Lee" <[email protected]> alt.fan.madonna - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread
(1 article)

FORWARDED TO Usenet Abuse AOL ** Issues of Internet abuse: It may be easier for you to learn how to
write a filter... and filter those that you don't care for. Or simply don't read those that you don
... alt.fan.madonna - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

FORWARDED TO AOL --- > Call AOL USENET ABUSE Real intelligent game... <eyes rolling> ...This may
fall under harassment per the AOL TOS. Netcoping is one thing... this is harassment. "kay ...
alt.fan.madonna - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread (2 articles)

Forwarded to AOL Usenet Abuse Authority For Evaluation: Header and request <attached> Lines: 30
alt.fan.madonna - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

FORWARDED Threat (Harassment - Kyle) *Your* day is coming... moron. Keep up the stalking and I'll
keep sending them to AOL. NOTE: Your... harassing... your slander... your insane trolling ...
rec.music.artists.stevie-nicks - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

FORWARDED THREATS of EMAIL BOMBS <KYLE> to aol.com ...
ngpeer.news.aol.com!audrey04.news.aol.com!not-for-mail Xref: news
rec.music.artists.stevie-nicks:38011 STALKERS HARASSMENT FORWARDED TO AOL <news, abuse> Lines: 29
rec.music.artists.stevie-nicks - 08 Apr 2002 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

Re: FORWARDED to Provider <was> Re: Too bad that razor ... Let's offer the same advice to this
Brittany fan. DO NOT FEED THE MORONS "Cybervision" <[email protected]> alt.fan.madonna
- 05 Aug 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (4 articles)

FORWARDED TO ISP Abuse Authority <was> Re: Adorable girl spread ... Binary forwarded to ISP via
email. Binary posts are to be posted in binary groups. This is a discussion group please refrain
from abusing the discussion format. Regards, From: [email protected] Newsgroups:
alt.fan.madonna,alt.fan.nicki-lewis,alt.fan ... alt.fan.madonna - 08 Jul 2001 by F. Golightly - View
Thread (1 article)

Forwarded to providers abuse authority. (Newsfeed and ISP) And... (( Nominated for the Newsmasters
Frivolousness Aware ))) And... Filtered harassing ng subscriber. ---- Path:
spln!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!newsfeed.stanford.edu ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 04 Feb
2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (18 articles)

FW ABUSE AUTHORITY --- > Re: Mariah suffering from Manic- ... Send this hate to this idiots
ISP and Google.com [email protected] [email protected] "Janine Lauper"
<[email protected]> alt.music.mariah.carey - 16 Sep 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread
(1 article)

Janine Lauper <abuse addresses> This idiot forges headers thus send to [email protected] the
trace points to this ISP. Send to --- > [email protected] This hate is abusd. Path:
spln!lex!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!feeder.qis.net!sn-xit-02!supern ews.com ...
alt.music.mariah.carey - 16 Sep 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

Laupers ABUSE --- > Re: Glitter, What do you think? ... the fools ISP, it's obvious this person is
completely insane. Send this hate to this idiots ISP and Google.com [email protected]
[email protected] fwiw "Anne loves mariah" <[email protected]> to mariah's haters:
F... you all ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 16 Sep 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

Janine Lauper <abuse addresses> Re: Glitter, What do you ... [email protected]
[email protected] Send this hate back to South America. People like this are a disgrace
...and the hate they spew a reflection of how sick and distorted their attacks on others truly is.
This mindless trolling hate is ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 16 Sep 2001 by F. Golightly - View
Thread (1 article)

ABUSE <was> Re: And you thought Loverboy was a flop... Send this hate to this idiots ISP and
Google.com [email protected] [email protected] <headers> Path:
spln!lex!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!newsfeed.stanford.edu!postnews1
.google.com!not-for-mail From: [email protected] ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 16 Sep 2001 by
F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

NavyGay77 <was> Re: Slander/Lie QuoteForwarded to: abuse@aol [ ... Yo freak... AOL is going to give
you 5 incidents then your access is curtained. "NavyGuy77" <[email protected] Don`t worry AOL knows
... alt.music.mariah.carey - 07 Aug 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (3 articles)

MORON ALERT --- > Re: ABUSE AUTHORITY Billy... Billy... Billy... "Cybervision"
<[email protected]> Billy

alt.fan.madonna - 05 Aug 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:01:01 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host:
66.27.213.69 X-Complaints-To: [email protected] X-Trace: typhoon.we.rr.com 997030861
66.27.214.69 (Sun, 05 Aug 2001 10:01:01 PDT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 05 ... alt.music.mariah.carey -
05 Aug 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

TROLL FW: To Abuse Authority <sub. chg.>Re: Goodbye.... Just get the *uck outta here... this ng
has had enough of your childish displays... a departing troll... ? Give it a rest... <pause> ...
Moron. "kyle." <[email protected]> kyle. alt.music.mariah.carey - 14 Jul 2001 by F. Golightly - View
Thread (1 article)

FW --- > Abuse Authority <was> Re: God, this place still stinks! FW: For evaluation, ISP. Path:
spln!lex!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfeed.s
tanford.edu!postnews1.google ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 10 Jun 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread
(1 article)

ABUSE: Re: MAriah Carey Path:
spln!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!news-out.cwix.com!newsfeed.cwix.com
!howland.erols.net!newsfeed.skycache.com!Cidera!cyclone-sjo1.usenetserver ... alt.music.mariah.carey
- 28 May 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

ABUSE: Re: new LP Path: spln!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!newsfeed.stanford.edu!paloalto-snf1
.gtei.net!news.gtei.net!webtv.net!not-for-mail From: Clabbor_Puss ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 28
May 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

BINARY ABUSE - USENET SPAM - CANCEL REQUEST <was> Re: ... PLEASE CANCEL THE BINARY ARTICLE POSTED
Regards, Tnx Path: spln!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!enews.sgi.com!news.xtra.co.nz ...
alt.music.mariah.carey - 20 May 2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

Forwarded to providers abuse authority. (Newsfeed and ISP) And... (( Nominated for the Newsmasters
Frivolousness Aware ))) And... Filtered harassing ng subscriber. ---- Path:
spln!rex!extra.newsguy.com!lotsanews.com!newsfeed.stanford.edu ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 04 Feb
2001 by F. Golightly - View Thread (18 articles)

Send your complaints to [email protected] <subj. chg.> Re: The ... Send your complaints to
[email protected] Then... send your complaints to [email protected] -----Zoe"
<[email protected]> quoted then stated ---- > Dumbass. alt.music.mariah.carey - 04 Feb 2001 by
F. Golightly - View Thread (16 articles)

FORGERY <alias and address> Re: FORGERY ------- > abuse@ ... ...
edu!pookiehead.databasix.com!not-for-mail From: "FM" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
alt.music.mariah.carey Subject: Re: FORGERY ----- [email protected] <WAS> Re: I LIKE POO Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:40:13 -0500 Organization: DataBasix ... alt.music.mariah.carey - 27 Jan 2001 by
F. Golightly - View Thread (1 article)

**********

You suuuuuuuuure aren't very good at this. ;)

<Snag-Spank

On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:02:54 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>Anyway, this year we aren't using coloured tires, the black/black (sidewall/top) look with deep
>section carbon wheels is what you want to be seen with.

That's the second-line look. Brown sides are still de rigueur. That's french for strictly required.
--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Quick, sing me the BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!
9:05:14 PM 25 May 2003

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message
> That's the second-line look. Brown sides are still de rigueur. That's french
for
> strictly required.

I've NEVER been really comfortable with brown sidewalls even though Vredestein have a very
undersated grey/brown/cream color on some of their Fortezza TriComp Folding tires.

And I see Guido Trenti was training on what looked to be brownish sidewalled 228gram 700x23 Conti GP
3000 tires on his Acqua & Sapone team issue Specialized bike just before last year's Worlds.

But then even though Guido doesn't speak any English and has only visited the States his mother is
an American so that may explain things.

Note: some of the early release photos of the Colnago C-40 HP B-Stay had the bike fitted with black
on black tires!

I hope Gommitalia never bring out any brown sidwalls.

I've really spent time studying how my bike looks with different tire combos, and the most 'business
look' comes from black on black tires fitted on deep section carb rims.

Sun, 25 May 2003 22:02:54 GMT, <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>> Fab, last week a wannabe roadie type lost more points than he would have otherwise for just
>> riding that Giant with the poorly coordinated tire colours. I showed my appreciation by informing
>> him that his tires didn't match his bike.
>
>Those amateur riders are everywhere, you usually can tell if they are the real thing by how well
>they are fitted on the bike, their pedaling cadence, if they are wearing a real team jersey, if
>they ignore you types, etc.

From what I saw, his cadence was choppy but I think his gear was too high or he was getting
tired. He looked like he was happy for an excuse to stop on that climb. Anyway, the last time I
lost a blinky on that stretch of road some blonde in a Ford swerved out of her way to run it over
with her car.

He was surely an amateur. There were so many unrecognisable sponsors' logos in conflicting colours
that his jersey made me want to look right past him even though I was trying to be nice. It was bad
ugly and didn't match the bike. Even his helmet was the wrong colour for either the frame or the
tires. I just wanted to get my light and go.

>Anyway, this year we aren't using coloured tires, the black/black (sidewall/top) look with deep
>section carbon wheels is what you want to be seen with.

I've been running black sidewalls since July, 2000 and you're just starting to catch on? . . . tsk
tsk, you've gotta quit shopping at Buckerfields.
--
zk

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > I've been running black sidewalls since July, 2000 and you're just
> starting to catch on? . . .

Good ol Zoot, in '00 black sidewalls were NOT the thing to be riding, that was two years ago, we've
moved pass that and now are going with the black on black look.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about those lame truck tires that would be on that bike you ride, I was
talking about real tires that riders like me would be using, something like the hand-glued 290 TPI
polycotton casing 250gram 23x700 Clement Ventoux.

If you don't believe me just look at what Andrea Masciarelli over on team Sidermec Saunier is
running on his wheels this week, or what George Hincapie choose to use at the USPS training camp in
Solvang, California.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>

> I think you have some explaining to do:

> AGAIN... FORWARDED the OFF TOPIC Troll "The Sniggler" to: AOL ... <sigh> "Oh I want to kiss pretty
> CoCo Lee" <[email protected]

Mon, 26 May 2003 21:36:47 GMT, <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> obviously past his 'best before' date, wrote:

>Good ol Zoot, in '00 black sidewalls were NOT the thing to be riding, that was two years ago, we've
>moved pass that and now are going with the black on black look.

When I bought those tires at La Bicicletta they assured me those were the right tires to be running.
The first thing the mechanic at a different shop commented on were the cool looking tires. A year
and a half later when I replaced the Tom Slicks, they too had switched to black sidewalls thereby
confirming my avant garde status.

Roadies are a conservative bunch so I understand that it takes time before you pros catch up with
what's happening on the street.
--
zk

"Golightly F." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
> > I've NEVER been really comfortable with brown sidewalls
>
> Why?

It's just how they make the bike look, take a look at a photo of Mario Cipollini's S-WORKS
Specialized bike that he rode in this year's Milan-San Remo, yes he was running black on
black tires.

Now Cipo calls the Milan-San Remo his Classicissima so that's saying a lot for the black on
black look.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]>
> It's just how they make the bike look, take a look at a photo of Mario Cipollini's S-WORKS
> Specialized bike that he rode in this year's Milan-San Remo, yes he was running black on
> black tires.

One would think ...you'd ...like hot pink on blk.

fwiw