Marchisio Cassettes

Robert Strickla

Guest
I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with Marchisio conversion cassettes and can give
some feedback. Specifically, I'm looking at buying a Campagnolo 9 spaced cassette for a Shimano hub.
Any thoughts on how well their cassettes work? Thanks in advance.

Robert Strickland

Robert-<< I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with Marchisio conversion cassettes and
can give some feedback. Specifically, I'm looking at buying a Campagnolo 9 spaced cassette for a
Shimano hub. Any thoughts on how well their cassettes work? >><BR><BR>

Probably fine but so does a shimano 9s cogset and chain, with Campagnolo ERGO 9s or 10s..

Robert Strickland wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with Marchisio conversion cassettes and can give
> some feedback. Specifically, I'm looking at buying a Campagnolo 9 spaced cassette for a Shimano
> hub. Any thoughts on how well their cassettes work? Thanks in advance.

I've not used a complete cassette but do customize my Campag 9sp cassettes with one or two
Marchisio cogs.

I'm pleased with them except for one obscure problem that I get with triple chainsets. The tooth
profile can cause the chain to derail to the 2nd sprocket when back-pedalling from inner chainring
to largest sprocket. (This is nothing to do with derailleur adjustment as it happens at the top of
the sprocket).

I'm not sure you'll be able to fit 9 sprockets *all* *correctly* spaced for Campag on a Shimano hub
as the freewheel body is narrower than a C9 cassette. See http://anysystem.de

~PB

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Probably fine but so does a shimano 9s cogset and chain, with Campagnolo ERGO 9s or 10s..

Marchsio provide any ratios you want - entirely custom specced, cogs from 11 to 30T, same cogs can
be used on different hubs and for different spacings by using different adataptors and spacers.

info: http://anysystem.de

~PB

> I've not used a complete cassette but do customize my Campag 9sp cassettes with one or two
> Marchisio cogs.
>
> I'm pleased with them except for one obscure problem that I get with triple chainsets. The tooth
> profile can cause the chain to derail to the 2nd sprocket when back-pedalling from inner chainring
> to largest sprocket. (This is nothing to do with derailleur adjustment as it happens at the top of
> the sprocket).
>
> I'm not sure you'll be able to fit 9 sprockets *all* *correctly* spaced for Campag on a Shimano
> hub as the freewheel body is narrower than a C9 cassette. See http://anysystem.de
>
> ~PB

They claim it's possible. Or at least they sell cassettes advertised as Campy compatible for Shimano
hubs. They're a tad pricey but not too much so. Thanks.

Rob Strickland

> Robert-<< I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with Marchisio conversion cassettes and
> can give some feedback. Specifically, I'm looking at buying
> Campagnolo 9 spaced cassette for a Shimano hub. Any thoughts on how well their cassettes work?
> >><BR><BR>
>
> Probably fine but so does a shimano 9s cogset and chain, with Campagnolo
ERGO
> 9s or 10s..

Hi Peter,

Actually, that's what I'm doing right now, as per your suggestions. Basically it works fine. The
problem is that the Veloce rear derailleur seems on the verge of choking on the 32 tooth cog (LX 9s
cassette) and I really don't need an 11 or 12 tooth cog. I was thinking about going with the
Marchisio, since I can get a 13/14-30 cassette which better fits my needs plus it won't tax the rear
derailleur so much and it (it is claimed) should be spaced to Campy spacing. I'm just wondering
about the performance and durability of their stuff. Thanks for the input.

Rob Strickland

>Probably fine but so does a shimano 9s cogset and chain, with Campagnolo ERGO9s or 10s..

Why not get a single 30 cog and put it on the end of a 12-25/27? Take off the 12 and 13, add a 13
start cog on the front and a 30 on the end and you have it.

(remove clothes to reply)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:15:31 +0100, "Robert Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually, that's what I'm doing right now, as per your suggestions. Basically it works fine. The
>problem is that the Veloce rear derailleur seems on the verge of choking on the 32 tooth cog (LX 9s
>cassette) and I really don't need an 11 or 12 tooth cog. I was thinking about going with the
>Marchisio, since I can get a 13/14-30 cassette which better fits my needs plus it won't tax the
>rear derailleur so much and it (it is claimed) should be spaced to Campy spacing. I'm just
>wondering about the performance and durability of their stuff. Thanks for the input.
>
>Rob Strickland
>

>Actually, that's what I'm doing right now, as per your suggestions. Basically it works fine. The
>problem is that the Veloce rear derailleur seems on the verge of choking on the 32 tooth cog (LX 9s
>cassette) and I really don't need an 11 or 12 tooth cog. I was thinking about going with the
>Marchisio, since I can get a 13/14-30 cassette which better fits my needs plus it won't tax the
>rear derailleur so much and it (it is claimed) should be spaced to Campy spacing. I'm just
>wondering about the performance and durability of their stuff. Thanks for the input.
>
>Rob Strickland

If your hub is a Shimano, Sheldon Brown already sellls a 13/30 and your Veloce rear derailleur will
love it. If you have a Campy hub, a
13/28 x 9sp or 13/29 x 10 sp cassette is already available.

As you already have the 32, you can buy a Shimano 105 13/26 cassette and pull the 16t and put on
your existing 32 or buy a 30t.