Mavic Open Sport rims

Bill

Guest
Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
many bad opinions on them.

Thanks.

Bill wrote:
> Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
> I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
> are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
> Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
> many bad opinions on them.
>
> Thanks.

Aren't the MA-?s discontinued? They are not on Mavic's web page.

catzz66 wrote:
> Bill wrote:
> > Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
> > I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
> > are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
> > Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
> > many bad opinions on them.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Aren't the MA-?s discontinued? They are not on Mavic's web page.

Which is why the Open Sport is now offered. It's a replacement for the
MA-3.

[email protected] wrote:
> catzz66 wrote:
>
>>Bill wrote:
>>
>>>Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
>>>I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
>>>are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
>>>Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
>>>many bad opinions on them.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>Aren't the MA-?s discontinued? They are not on Mavic's web page.

> Which is why the Open Sport is now offered. It's a replacement for the
> MA-3.

I have seen the MA-?s on one of the mail order shops web page and
assumed they were closeout type items. I've got about 300 miles on a
set of Open Sports and have liked them all right.

Bill wrote:
> Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
> I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
> are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
> Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
> many bad opinions on them.
>
> Thanks.

OpenSport is the improved version of the MA-3...we got bit by the
MA-3...so far, so good with about a dozen OpenSports built...

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>
>>Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
>>I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
>>are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
>>Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
>>many bad opinions on them.
>>
>>Thanks.

> OpenSport is the improved version of the MA-3...we got bit by the
> MA-3...so far, so good with about a dozen OpenSports built...

If you could boil it down to a short comment without taking too awful
much time, could you contrast the Open Pro, Open Sport, CXP-33 and CXP-22?

catzz66 wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > Bill wrote:
> >
> >>Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
> >>I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
> >>are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
> >>Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
> >>many bad opinions on them.
> >>
> >>Thanks.

> > OpenSport is the improved version of the MA-3...we got bit by the
> > MA-3...so far, so good with about a dozen OpenSports built...
> >

> If you could boil it down to a short comment without taking too awful
> much time, could you contrast the Open Pro, Open Sport, CXP-33 and CXP-22?

Dear Cat,

To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.

Open Sport:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

Open Pro and CXP-33:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavi...E/Jantes/99RoadRimRange/ClincherRoadRim99.pdf

CXP-22, S and N models:
http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2003_Road_Rims/2003_News.pdf

And the helpful guide to what Mavic's annoying little symbols mean:
http://www.mavic.com/ewb_pages/l/liste_techno.php

There may be a klunkier site, but it's hard to imagine.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] wrote:

> To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.
>
> Open Sport:
> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

Bad Gateway

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.tech-mavic.com Port 80

They probably want Java Script enabled.

Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.
>>
>> Open Sport:
>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

> Bad Gateway
>
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.tech-mavic.com Port 80
>

> They probably want Java Script enabled.
>
> Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

why do you want "silver finish"? are you hunting the "anodizing fud" snark?

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:54:10 GMT, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>

>> To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.
>>
>> Open Sport:
>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

>Bad Gateway
>
>The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.tech-mavic.com Port 80
>

>They probably want Java Script enabled.
>
>Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

Dear Michael,

Dunno about javascript, but now I can't get in, either, to anything in
www.tech-mavic.com.

Possibly my unkind comment . . .

"There may be a klunkier site, but it's hard to imagine."

.. . . has caused the site to shut down out of sheer embarrassment? It
was running this morning.

However, www.mavic.com is still up and running and well-nigh useless
in comparison.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:54:10 GMT, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>

>> To compare the specs, login in as mavic-com with password dealer.
>>
>> Open Sport:
>> http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

>Bad Gateway
>
>The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.tech-mavic.com Port 80
>

>They probably want Java Script enabled.
>
>Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

Dear Michael,

The site is back up now, and just as klunky as ever.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Michael Press wrote:

> Is the opensport box section, fully socketed, silver finish, 36 hole?

Single eyelet. 490g. Basically a beefed up MA-3

Art Harris

catzz66 wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > Bill wrote:
> >
> >>Are the Open Sport rims better than the MA-3?
> >>I have MA-2 rims on my light touring bike, but they
> >>are not going to last forever, looking for a replacement.
> >>Have not wanted to use the MA-3 rims based on so
> >>many bad opinions on them.
> >>
> >>Thanks.

> > OpenSport is the improved version of the MA-3...we got bit by the
> > MA-3...so far, so good with about a dozen OpenSports built...
> >

> If you could boil it down to a short comment without taking too awful
> much time, could you contrast the Open Pro, Open Sport, CXP-33 and CXP-22?

OpenPro-double eyelet, about 440 grams or so, black or silver-$60-$70
OpenSport-single eyelet, silver or black, about 500 grams-$35-$45
CXP-33-triangle shaped, inserts instead of true eyelets, about 450
grams, silver and black-$65-$70
CXP-22-black only, 32 hole only, single eyelet, $45-not sure of 2006
model as we haven't built any.