Mavic Open Sport ERD?

Kyle.B.H.

Guest
Anyone know the ERD of the Mavic Open Sport? I have a clicking Open Pro
(that I've thoroughly rebuilt and lubed, yet the clicking returns) which
I hope to replace with an Open Sport. According to SpoCalc, ERD of an
MA-3 is 607 vs. the OP's 605. If that's still the case with the Open
Sport, I think a direct swap with existing spokes will work. Couldn't
find the info on Mavic's web site.

Thanks,

Kyle

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:56:59 -0400, "Kyle.B.H." <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Anyone know the ERD of the Mavic Open Sport? I have a clicking Open Pro
>(that I've thoroughly rebuilt and lubed, yet the clicking returns) which
>I hope to replace with an Open Sport. According to SpoCalc, ERD of an
>MA-3 is 607 vs. the OP's 605. If that's still the case with the Open
>Sport, I think a direct swap with existing spokes will work. Couldn't
>find the info on Mavic's web site.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kyle

Dear Kyle,

Mavic lists the Open Sport "spoke support diameter" (3rd row from the
bottom of the table) at 606mm, versus 600mm for the A719, A319, and
317 disk, and 604mm for the A119.

The cross-section diagrams show that these are reasonable differences:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:14:26 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:56:59 -0400, "Kyle.B.H." <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Anyone know the ERD of the Mavic Open Sport? I have a clicking Open Pro
>>(that I've thoroughly rebuilt and lubed, yet the clicking returns) which
>>I hope to replace with an Open Sport. According to SpoCalc, ERD of an
>>MA-3 is 607 vs. the OP's 605. If that's still the case with the Open
>>Sport, I think a direct swap with existing spokes will work. Couldn't
>>find the info on Mavic's web site.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Kyle

>Dear Kyle,
>
>Mavic lists the Open Sport "spoke support diameter" (3rd row from the
>bottom of the table) at 606mm, versus 600mm for the A719, A319, and
>317 disk, and 604mm for the A119.
>
>The cross-section diagrams show that these are reasonable differences:
>
>http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf
>
>Cheers,
>
>Carl Fogel

Sorry, I forgot to include the secret login "mavic-com" and the even
more secret password "dealer"--oops.

CF

"Latere semper patere, quod latuit diu." - Seneca

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:16:25 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>Sorry, I forgot to include the secret login "mavic-com" and the even
>more secret password "dealer"--oops.

Loose lips: fink's quips.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
305-273-4440
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

[email protected] wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:14:26 -0600, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:56:59 -0400, "Kyle.B.H." <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know the ERD of the Mavic Open Sport? I have a clicking Open Pro
> >>(that I've thoroughly rebuilt and lubed, yet the clicking returns) which
> >>I hope to replace with an Open Sport. According to SpoCalc, ERD of an
> >>MA-3 is 607 vs. the OP's 605. If that's still the case with the Open
> >>Sport, I think a direct swap with existing spokes will work. Couldn't
> >>find the info on Mavic's web site.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Kyle

> >Dear Kyle,
> >
> >Mavic lists the Open Sport "spoke support diameter" (3rd row from the
> >bottom of the table) at 606mm, versus 600mm for the A719, A319, and
> >317 disk, and 604mm for the A119.
> >
> >The cross-section diagrams show that these are reasonable differences:
> >
> >http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Carl Fogel

> Sorry, I forgot to include the secret login "mavic-com" and the even
> more secret password "dealer"--oops.
>
> CF

Carl is such an *insider*, eh? We wouldn't want to believe he got that
magic, magic , magic password from some entity that posts from a
smalltime bike shop in order to sell **** at an excessively high
mark-up, would we?

On 12 Jun 2006 19:08:14 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:14:26 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>> >Dear Kyle,
>> >
>> >Mavic lists the Open Sport "spoke support diameter" (3rd row from the
>> >bottom of the table) at 606mm, versus 600mm for the A719, A319, and
>> >317 disk, and 604mm for the A119.
>> >
>> >The cross-section diagrams show that these are reasonable differences:
>> >
>> >http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk/sources/Produits/ROUTE/Jantes/2006RoadRimRange/Tech_Spec.pdf
>> >
>> >Cheers,
>> >
>> >Carl Fogel

>> Sorry, I forgot to include the secret login "mavic-com" and the even
>> more secret password "dealer"--oops.
>>
>> CF

>Carl is such an *insider*, eh? We wouldn't want to believe he got that
>magic, magic , magic password from some entity that posts from a
>smalltime bike shop in order to sell **** at an excessively high
>mark-up, would we?

No, I didn't get it from you, though I expect that, given your claim
to provide service without attitude, you sell **** at an excessively
high mark-up.

Anyone can google the archives for "mavic-com" and dealer:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....om"+dealer&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

For the curious, here's why Ozark is stalking me:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech/msg/ebdb9187165748f1

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:40:22 +1000, 531Aussie
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] Wrote:
>> the secret login "mavic-com" and the even
>> more secret password "dealer"--oops.

>AWESOME!! :)
>
>I was saying to someone just yesterday that mavic.com doesn't have
>enough data on it; not even rim dimensions

Dear Aussie,

First, you do have to pick English--the French version is dead.

Next, you have to get past that silly login/password of mavic-com and
dealer--what on earth do they think needs security?

Then you have to ROADN and RIMS instead of WHEELS.

Finally, you have to browse through the PDF's for the rims, hoping
that what you're looking for isn't a blank table.

But there are indeed cross-section diagrams going back to the MA2:

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavi.../Jantes/97RoadRimRange/97ClincherRoadRims.pdf

At leat the MA column includes a "Brilliant MA 2" opposite the
"Finish" section.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Dear Aussie,
thanks.:) I've had a good look around, and already stuck it in my 'favourites'. The CXP30 is a favourite rim of mine (super strong and super stiff), and that's the first time I've seen the specs on them. Now I know exactly what year there were made

Kyle.B.H. wrote:
> Anyone know the ERD of the Mavic Open Sport? I have a clicking Open Pro
> (that I've thoroughly rebuilt and lubed, yet the clicking returns) which
> I hope to replace with an Open Sport. According to SpoCalc, ERD of an
> MA-3 is 607 vs. the OP's 605. If that's still the case with the Open
> Sport, I think a direct swap with existing spokes will work. Couldn't
> find the info on Mavic's web site.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kyle

we measured the first ones we got and got 608mm, using the Wheelsmith
spocalc rod system.