Maximum rider weight scandium frame?

Stan Cox

Guest
Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three years ago. A friend has a
Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to remember seeing a
maximum rider weight mentioned for this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I
weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would this frame be likely to last? All the best.

Stan Cox

"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three
years
> ago. A friend has a Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to
> remember seeing a maximum rider weight mentioned
for
> this frameset. Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long
> would this frame be likely to last?

13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.

Tim.

"Tim Cain" <tim_no1@you_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> 13 months, six days, 11 hours and 23 minutes.
>
> Tim.

With all due respect Tim, I think you forgot to factor in the corrosion factor from salt damage. I
suggest you revise your estimate. ;-)

Cheers,

Scott..

stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
this frame be likely to last?

Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just asking to be stranded....

Why not look at a good steel frameset?

> stan-<< Am I right or am I thinking of the U2 frameset. I weight approx 90Kg-198Lb how long would
> this frame be likely to last?
>
> Not long, I think you are well above the weight for this frameset-just
asking
> to be stranded....
>
> Why not look at a good steel frameset?

Pete. I wouldnt even think Of buying a U2 frameset. Viner quote the max weight for that at 75Kg!! I
am leaning towards getting my Coppi repaired. I like steel frames and given the choice would go for
a top end steel mount. Unfortunately this has happened at an awkward moment financially. Chas
Roberts have quoted me approx £150 and three weeks for a repair and I think I can live with that.
All the best.

Stan Cox