More OT!! Homeland security

"JP" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > So tell me Henry, when was the last time that the God of the Jews or
> > Christians told them to murder Muslims?
> >
> > Today there are thousands of mullahs who tell their followers every

single
> > day that the way to heaven is by killing all non-believers.

> Seems to me that there are plenty of people, Muslim, Christian and
> Jew, that are rationalizing their hatred of other faiths based on
> their distorted understanding of their own religion's teachings.

"It seems to me"????? Please tell us which religions are presently teaching
their followers to murder others.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> "It seems to me"????? Please tell us which religions are presently teaching
> their followers to murder others.

Distorted versions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all being
used to rationalize the deaths of innocent people in the pursuit of
what is believed to be God's will. I call it murder; you can call it
whatever you want.

"Seems to me" means "it is my opinion", in case you're having a hard
time with it.

JP

> So tell me Henry, when was the last time that the God of the Jews or
> Christians told them to murder Muslims?
>
> Today there are thousands of mullahs who tell their followers every single
> day that the way to heaven is by killing all non-believers.

Christian fundalmentalist and Evangelicals believe in the literal truth of
the bible. They believe every word is inerrant and is being spoken to them
directly by the Bible God.

This book incites these people to hate and calls for the elimination other
religions. As did Franklin Graham when he called Islam "Evil and wicked".

I would agree with Graham if he includes fundalmentalist Christians in his
statement.

I gave you enough information for you to do some research and take it from
here.

Henry Etta

"Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > So tell me Henry, when was the last time that the God of the Jews or
> > Christians told them to murder Muslims?
> >
> > Today there are thousands of mullahs who tell their followers every

single
> > day that the way to heaven is by killing all non-believers.

> Christian fundalmentalist and Evangelicals believe in the literal truth of
> the bible. They believe every word is inerrant and is being spoken to them
> directly by the Bible God.

Yeah, if there's one thing this world doesn't need it's "Love thy neighbor
as thyself". What we need more of is that good old, "the way to heaven is to
kill an unbeliever".

> This book incites these people to hate and calls for the elimination other
> religions. As did Franklin Graham when he called Islam "Evil and wicked".

I see you're really up on your biblical studies. When did you learn to read?

> Yeah, if there's one thing this world doesn't need it's "Love thy neighbor
> as thyself". What we need more of is that good old, "the way to heaven is
> kill an unbeliever".

Huh? Can't you read?

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and
children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot
be my disciple.
(Whole Chapter: Luke 14 In context: Luke 14:25-27)

>> This book incites these people to hate and calls for the elimination
>> other
>> religions. As did Franklin Graham when he called Islam "Evil and wicked".

> I see you're really up on your biblical studies. When did you learn to
> read?

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you
that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray
by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must
examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such
a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and
completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then
you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put
the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That
town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the
plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn
from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on
you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your
ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and
keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

"The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and
> keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to

him."
> (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
>
> Henry Etta

That's quite a bit different than to command followers to hunt down infidels
wherever you find them, and kill them.

>From: "Henry Etta" [email protected]

>"The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and
>keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
>(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
>
>Henry Etta

One of the things people don't acknowledgethese days is that one of the main
reasons Charlemagne was magnificent was how many pagans he converted "by the
cross or the sword" . He considered wiping out whole towns and everyone in them
great victories for God and the Church.
Bill C

"James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>

> "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and
>> keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to

> him."
>> (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
>>
>> Henry Etta
>>

> That's quite a bit different than to command followers to hunt down
> infidels
> wherever you find them, and kill them.

How about this?

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved
wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom
you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand
or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or
listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill
him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the
people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he
sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of
the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this,
shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy
13:7-12 NAB)

Henry Etta

Nice try but the Old Testament doesn't cut it. As you no doubt are aware,
the rules and regulations stated therein are mostly directed at ancient
Judaistic culture, not Christians.

> "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>

> > "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and
> >> keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to

> > him."
> >> (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
> >>
> >> Henry Etta
> >>

> > That's quite a bit different than to command followers to hunt down
> > infidels
> > wherever you find them, and kill them.

> How about this?
>
> Kill Followers of Other Religions.
>
> 1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved
> wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods,

whom
> you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at

hand
> or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him

or
> listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but

kill
> him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the
> people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he
> sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of
> the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of

this,
> shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy
> 13:7-12 NAB)
>
> Henry Etta
> >

>From: "James Calivar" [email protected]

>Nice try but the Old Testament doesn't cut it. As you no doubt are aware,
>the rules and regulations stated therein are mostly directed at ancient
>Judaistic culture, not Christians.

Ah, a cafeteria Christian. Let's see I like these thre passages, I'll take
those. Don't like that one nope, but give me a couple of those.
Totally bankrupt approach. That's like picking out the few good things in the
Soviet system and then saying that, the rest wasn't really what they meant to
do.
If you want to argue that the religion has evolved that's fine but claiming
that Christianity has next to nothing to do with the old testament is a weak
cop out at best.
Bill C

> >From: "James Calivar" [email protected]

> >Nice try but the Old Testament doesn't cut it. As you no doubt are

aware,
> >the rules and regulations stated therein are mostly directed at ancient
> >Judaistic culture, not Christians.
> >

> Ah, a cafeteria Christian. Let's see I like these thre passages, I'll

take
> those. Don't like that one nope, but give me a couple of those.
> Totally bankrupt approach. That's like picking out the few good things in

the
> Soviet system and then saying that, the rest wasn't really what they meant

> do.
> If you want to argue that the religion has evolved that's fine but

claiming
> that Christianity has next to nothing to do with the old testament is a

weak
> cop out at best.
> Bill C

Whatever you say, Fundie.

"Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Kill Followers of Other Religions.
>
> 1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved
> wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods,

whom
> you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at

hand
> or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him

or
> listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but

kill
> him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the
> people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he
> sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of
> the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of

this,
> shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy
> 13:7-12 NAB)

Do you know what "Old Testiment" means in relation to "New Testiment"?

Do you propose that Jews follow this example in the Old Testiment?

Sorry Bill, but the coming of Christ threw out the Old Testiment as anything
but a history in the development of Christianity. The very underpinnings of
Christianity is the Sermon on the Mount in which, among other things, Jesus
said, "Blessed are the merciful" :Blessed are the peacemakers" or perhaps
more to the point: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not kill; that whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgement.
But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without caused
shall be in danger of the judgement."

Seems to me a bit different than "kill all unbelievers". After all, when was
the last Christian to say such a thing? When was the last Jew to utter
phrases from the Bible or the Talmud as reason to kill? Yet there are
numberous mullahs and ayatollahs saying this in public, in print and on the
TV in Arab countries this very day.

> >From: "James Calivar" [email protected]

> >Nice try but the Old Testament doesn't cut it. As you no doubt are

aware,
> >the rules and regulations stated therein are mostly directed at ancient
> >Judaistic culture, not Christians.
> >

> Ah, a cafeteria Christian. Let's see I like these thre passages, I'll

take
> those. Don't like that one nope, but give me a couple of those.
> Totally bankrupt approach. That's like picking out the few good things in

the
> Soviet system and then saying that, the rest wasn't really what they meant

> do.
> If you want to argue that the religion has evolved that's fine but

claiming
> that Christianity has next to nothing to do with the old testament is a

weak
> cop out at best.
> Bill C

>From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]

>Sorry Bill, but the coming of Christ threw out the Old Testiment as anything
>but a history in the development of Christianity. The very underpinnings of
>Christianity is the Sermon on the Mount in which, among other things, Jesus
>said, "Blessed are the merciful" :Blessed are the peacemakers" or perhaps
>more to the point: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
>shalt not kill; that whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgement.
>But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without caused
>shall be in danger of the judgement."
>
>Seems to me a bit different than "kill all unbelievers". After all, when was
>the last Christian to say such a thing? When was the last Jew to utter
>phrases from the Bible or the Talmud as reason to kill? Yet there are
>numberous mullahs and ayatollahs saying this in public, in print and on the
>TV in Arab countries this very day.

Here is one series of Christian atrocities, and only one of many. How can you
defend this?
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blchron_xian_inquisition.htm
http://campus.northpark.edu/history/WebChron/WestEurope/SpanInqui.html

http://www.dimensional.com/~randl/racking.htm
Bill C

> >From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]

> >Sorry Bill, but the coming of Christ threw out the Old Testiment as

anything
> >but a history in the development of Christianity. The very underpinnings

of
> >Christianity is the Sermon on the Mount in which, among other things,

Jesus
> >said, "Blessed are the merciful" :Blessed are the peacemakers" or perhaps
> >more to the point: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,

Thou
> >shalt not kill; that whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the

judgement.
> >But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without

caused
> >shall be in danger of the judgement."
> >
> >Seems to me a bit different than "kill all unbelievers". After all, when

was
> >the last Christian to say such a thing? When was the last Jew to utter
> >phrases from the Bible or the Talmud as reason to kill? Yet there are
> >numberous mullahs and ayatollahs saying this in public, in print and on

the
> >TV in Arab countries this very day.
> >

> Here is one series of Christian atrocities, and only one of many. How can

you
> defend this?

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blchron_xian_inquisition.htm
> http://campus.northpark.edu/history/WebChron/WestEurope/SpanInqui.html
>
> http://www.dimensional.com/~randl/racking.htm
> Bill C

Please. The Inquisition? The SPANISH Inquisition? (Nobody expects the
Spanish Inquisition.) Not only did that occur hunderds of years ago, but it
was also most assuredly NOT a very Christian thing to do. So NO WAY am I
defending that. And anyway, that's beside the point. The point is this:
Christianity does not actively tell its adherents to kill others who do not
believe. Yes, there may be parts of the Bible that say this that or the
other, but Christianity is not a book. Christ did not come to this world to
deliver a book. He came to deliver a message. And that message is that if
you accept his teachings, and accept him as your savior, then you are
forgiven of your sins and will be assured a place in heaven. His message
most definitely was NOT to go out, find unbelievers, and kill them.

"James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Please. The Inquisition? The SPANISH Inquisition? (Nobody expects the
> Spanish Inquisition.)

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

James Calivar wrote:

> Please. The Inquisition? The SPANISH Inquisition? (Nobody expects
> the Spanish Inquisition.) Not only did that occur hunderds of years
> ago, but it was also most assuredly NOT a very Christian thing to do.
> So NO WAY am I defending that. And anyway, that's beside the point.
> The point is this: Christianity does not actively tell its adherents
> to kill others who do not believe. Yes, there may be parts of the
> Bible that say this that or the other, but Christianity is not a
> book. Christ did not come to this world to deliver a book. He came
> to deliver a message. And that message is that if you accept his
> teachings, and accept him as your savior, then you are forgiven of
> your sins and will be assured a place in heaven. His message most
> definitely was NOT to go out, find unbelievers, and kill them.

Didn't Bush once refer to the "War on Terrorism" as a crusade?

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> James Calivar wrote:
> >
> > Please. The Inquisition? The SPANISH Inquisition? (Nobody expects
> > the Spanish Inquisition.) Not only did that occur hunderds of years
> > ago, but it was also most assuredly NOT a very Christian thing to do.
> > So NO WAY am I defending that. And anyway, that's beside the point.
> > The point is this: Christianity does not actively tell its adherents
> > to kill others who do not believe. Yes, there may be parts of the
> > Bible that say this that or the other, but Christianity is not a
> > book. Christ did not come to this world to deliver a book. He came
> > to deliver a message. And that message is that if you accept his
> > teachings, and accept him as your savior, then you are forgiven of
> > your sins and will be assured a place in heaven. His message most
> > definitely was NOT to go out, find unbelievers, and kill them.
> >

> Didn't Bush once refer to the "War on Terrorism" as a crusade?

I think so. It was an unfortunate selection of words.

Come on Bill, you have to have something better than that. The inqusitions
were hundreds of years ago and in fact the worst of them were frm before the
new world was formed. Moreover they were directed at CHRISTIANS and not
Muslims.

These were not really affairs of religion but really affairs of state and in
the atmosphere of the time amounted to chickenfeed in the order of murders.
In fact, the 1572 St. Bartholomews Day Massacre may have been the last large
scale massacre using a religious excuse but in fact we know fully well that
it was political in nature. I suppose we could pretend that the Northern
Ireland troubles are founded in religious principles but we know that ain't
the case.

Muslims are quoted TODAY as saying that the way to heaven is to kill all
unbelievers.

I'm still trying to understand the pretense that this isn't the case.

BTW, you find Sharon criminal for applying a well known tactic to
terrorism - you kill one of mine and I'll kill ten of yours. It worked
everywhere else and it will work in Israel. Though he may have to start with
those "parents" who were holding up their babies and saying "I will raise my
son to go to Jihad against Israel." In the meantime they are working for
Jewish companies and taking home Shekels and not Dinars or Riyals.