"Mountain biker dies from fall off cliff": Evolution in Action!

On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:54:25 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>.I am not a mountain biker.

>But we know that mountain bikers lie, so that proves that you ARE a mountain
>biker, and just LYING about it. DUH! Non-mountain bikers also aren't OBSESSED
>with defending mountain biking, as you are. That's proof # 2.

Ooh look, everybody - a categorical syllogism based on false premises!
Double the fallacy, double the fun!

Looks like Mr Straight-A-hole has forgotten whatever he may once have
known about logic.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:12:43 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."> .what is in your paper?
..>
..> Read it yourself: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.
..
..
..Read it, Im asking you because you change the truth and known meaning of
..words to fit your agenda of the time, I'd therefore like you to explain it.
..
..> .that mountain bikes are more harmful than off road motor vehicles, whis 5
..> .lines up you claim is BS that you never said.
..>
..> True.
..
..I know
..> .Or is it in your paper where you explain why , even though you claim to
..be
..> .campaigning for the environment you soley attack mountain biking and
..> .completely ignore both ATV and horsback riding (which in this very quote
..> .here you admit causes environmental harm).
..>
..> More BS. BOTH are mentioned in my paper.
..I didnt say they were not mentioned in your paper, I said you ignored them.
..
..I asked why you didnt explain this bigoted bias in your paper, you still
..havent answered.
..
..You dont persue a similar campaign in the relevant newsgroups for either
..Horseback riding or ATV use, you dont enforce the idea that they are a
..problem like you do mountain biking.
..
..if your agenda is envoronmental and not bigotry, why?
..
..
..> .You again prove your inability to either tell the truth or show
..> .justification from an environmental point of view why only mountain
..biking
..> .is worth persuing.
..> .
..> .You are, as I said before, and have been proved correct by your initial
..and
..> .subsequent posts in this thread, a sham.
..> .a bigot, with a hatred for mountian bikers, hiding under a green flag of
..> .enviromentalism. Your very existance harms the ecological movement , by
..> .the negativity you instill, you tar the reputation of people trying to do
..> .genuine good for the world.
..>
..> Very funny. I'm laughing all the way to my environmental conferences,
..where
..> mountain bikers NEVER show up (because they would be laughed off the
..stage).
..And were back to the other thread, please put forward to this group your
..published peer reviewed papers showing the acceptance of your theories by
..experts in the field.
..Until you show this, Im afraid a few lectures to empty halls at the end of
..regional conferences mean nothing.
..
..They mark you as a hanger on, not an expert.
..
..
..
..
..> .> .Again, the truth seems to be a moveable yardstick for you, it changes
..> .daily
..> .> .to suit your argument at that time, your words however, are archived
..for
..> .all
..> .> .to see, they are not subject of any conjecture, they show you will
..> .> .completely change your story about anything, deny things you have
..> .personally
..> .> .said to try and 'win' an internet discussion, and prove beyond doubt
..you
..> .> .cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything.
..> .
..

Did you say something?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:14:25 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:30:59 GMT, "Is this trip REALLY necessary?"
..> <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
..> .news:[email protected]:
..> .
..> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
..interpretations.
..> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how it
..should
..> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done nothing
..but
..> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop the
..act.
..> .
..> .Done. Later.
..> .
..> .Ikonicus
..> .1-202-518-1515
..> .415-203-1513
..>
..> Use your real name, and maybe someone would take you seriously. MAYBE.
..
..As you are someone with links to a cult, namely synanon, with a history of
..violent retribution against people disagreeing with them, I find it
..interesting you constantly ask this same question, wanting personal details.

I take it back. Stay as paranoid as you are.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

", are archived
> .for
> .> .all
> .> .> .to see, they are not subject of any conjecture, they show you will
> .> .> .completely change your story about anything, deny things you have
> .> .personally
> .> .> .said to try and 'win' an internet discussion, and prove beyond

doubt
> .you
> .> .> .cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything.
> .> .
> .
>
> Did you say something?

I did.it was in the text you sent to the newsgroup in your reply.
if you are having trouble working that out then you really do have issues.

or is this another cover up to not answer the question, why, if its purely
about the environment, do you only persue mountain biking, after admitting
in this thread bith ATV use and horseback riding also damage the
environment.

As said before, no substance to your arguments, only hatred, you arent even
intelligent enough to use reason, just pathetically ignore the points made,
you are just a bigot.

"> .>
> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> .> .news:[email protected]:
> .> .
> .> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
> .interpretations.
> .> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how it
> .should
> .> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done

nothing
> .but
> .> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop the
> .act.
> .> .
> .> .Done. Later.
> .> .
> .> .Ikonicus
> .> .1-202-518-1515
> .> .415-203-1513
> .>
> .> Use your real name, and maybe someone would take you seriously. MAYBE.
> .
> .As you are someone with links to a cult, namely synanon, with a history

of
> .violent retribution against people disagreeing with them, I find it
> .interesting you constantly ask this same question, wanting personal

details.

> I take it back. Stay as paranoid as you are.

Paranoid?

I think you fail to understand the meaning of that word, personally , I
think its sensible not to give someone with obvious mental problems my
personal details, the fact you have in the last couple of weeks, asked
several people for thir names to go along with thier email and isp detail
you get from headers is telling in itself.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:48:13 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."> .>
..> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
..> .> .news:[email protected]:
..> .> .
..> .> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
..> .interpretations.
..> .> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how it
..> .should
..> .> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done
..nothing
..> .but
..> .> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop the
..> .act.
..> .> .
..> .> .Done. Later.
..> .> .
..> .> .Ikonicus
..> .> .1-202-518-1515
..> .> .415-203-1513
..> .>
[...]

Failure to give one's real name is a sure sign of dishonesty.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

..

wrote:

> .
> ."> .>
> .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> .> .> .news:[email protected]:
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
> .> .interpretations.
> .> .> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how

it
> .> .should
> .> .> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done
> .nothing
> .> .but
> .> .> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop

the
> .> .act.
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Done. Later.
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Ikonicus
> .> .> .1-202-518-1515
> .> .> .415-203-1513
> .> .>
> .> .> Use your real name, and maybe someone would take you seriously.

MAYBE.
> .> .
> .> .As you are someone with links to a cult, namely synanon, with a

history
> .of
> .> .violent retribution against people disagreeing with them, I find it
> .> .interesting you constantly ask this same question, wanting personal
> .details.
> .>
> .> I take it back. Stay as paranoid as you are.
> .>
> .
> .Paranoid?
> .
> .I think you fail to understand the meaning of that word, personally , I
> .think its sensible not to give someone with obvious mental problems my
> .personal details, the fact you have in the last couple of weeks, asked
> .several people for thir names to go along with thier email and isp detail
> .you get from headers is telling in itself.
>
> Failure to give one's real name is a sure sign of dishonesty.

When dealing with a normal, rational person, maybe.

When dealing with a paranoid, obsessed, angry person such as yourself, it's
a sure sign of wisdom.

GG

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> .", are archived
> .> .for
> .> .> .all
> .> .> .> .to see, they are not subject of any conjecture, they show you

will
> .> .> .> .completely change your story about anything, deny things you

have
> .> .> .personally
> .> .> .> .said to try and 'win' an internet discussion, and prove beyond
> .doubt
> .> .you
> .> .> .> .cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything.
> .> .> .
> .> .
> .>
> .> Did you say something?
> .
> .I did.it was in the text you sent to the newsgroup in your reply.
> .if you are having trouble working that out then you really do have

issues.
> .
> .or is this another cover up to not answer the question, why, if its

purely
> .about the environment, do you only persue mountain biking, after

admitting
> .in this thread bith ATV use and horseback riding also damage the
> .environment.
> .
> .As said before, no substance to your arguments, only hatred, you arent

even
> .intelligent enough to use reason, just pathetically ignore the points

made,
> .you are just a bigot.
>
> Did you say something?

Did you buy your PHD?
With the intelligence shown here you certainly didnt earn it, or academic
standards within the US are much, much lower than here in the UK.

It also further highlights the attention seeking , and associated mental
illness that is at the core of your being, you dont care what sort of
attention you get, just that you get it, again proving everything about
environmentalism is a mere sham to cover your bigoted hatred of mountain
biking.

wrote:

> .
> ."> .>
> .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> .> .> .news:[email protected]:
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
> .> .interpretations.
> .> .> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how

it
> .> .should
> .> .> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done
> .nothing
> .> .but
> .> .> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop

the
> .> .act.
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Done. Later.
> .> .> .
> .> .> .Ikonicus
> .> .> .1-202-518-1515
> .> .> .415-203-1513
> .> .>
> .> .> Use your real name, and maybe someone would take you seriously.

MAYBE.
> .> .
> .> .As you are someone with links to a cult, namely synanon, with a

history
> .of
> .> .violent retribution against people disagreeing with them, I find it
> .> .interesting you constantly ask this same question, wanting personal
> .details.
> .>
> .> I take it back. Stay as paranoid as you are.
> .>
> .
> .Paranoid?
> .
> .I think you fail to understand the meaning of that word, personally , I
> .think its sensible not to give someone with obvious mental problems my
> .personal details, the fact you have in the last couple of weeks, asked
> .several people for thir names to go along with thier email and isp detail
> .you get from headers is telling in itself.
>
> Failure to give one's real name is a sure sign of dishonesty.

On what grounds do you make this statement?

Please show, with valid data from a peer reviewed , acknowledged expert that
people who dont include their personal details posting to usenet are more
dishonest than those that do.

Or is that another of your 'truths' that cant be proven because they simply
arent true?

On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:35:39 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Sun, 29 May 2005 08:48:13 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."> .>
..> .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
..> .> .> .news:[email protected]:
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .Nature is of itself and is not limited to your hypocritical
..> .> .interpretations.
..> .> .> .It is not for the likes of you to either define what it is or how
..it
..> .> .should
..> .> .> .be appreciated by anyone other than for yourself. You have done
..> .nothing
..> .> .but
..> .> .> .insult and degrade the very thing you claim to be protecting. Drop
..the
..> .> .act.
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .Done. Later.
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .Ikonicus
..> .> .> .1-202-518-1515
..> .> .> .415-203-1513
..> .> .>
[...]

Yawn.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

news:eek:[email protected]...

wrote:

> .>
> .> Failure to give one's real name is a sure sign of dishonesty.
> .
> .On what grounds do you make this statement?
> .
> .Please show, with valid data from a peer reviewed , acknowledged expert

that
> .people who dont include their personal details posting to usenet are more
> .dishonest than those that do.
> .
> .Or is that another of your 'truths' that cant be proven because they

simply
> .arent true?
>
> Yawn.

Chickenshit.

news:eek:[email protected]...

wrote:

> [...]

> .> .think its sensible not to give someone with obvious mental problems my
> .> .personal details, the fact you have in the last couple of weeks, asked
> .> .several people for thir names to go along with thier email and isp

detail
> .> .you get from headers is telling in itself.
> .>
> .> Failure to give one's real name is a sure sign of dishonesty.
> .
> .On what grounds do you make this statement?
> .
> .Please show, with valid data from a peer reviewed , acknowledged expert

that
> .people who dont include their personal details posting to usenet are more
> .dishonest than those that do.
> .
> .Or is that another of your 'truths' that cant be proven because they

carry on.

I said you lacked either the intelligence or the data to argue any of the
points you try to put forward as fact, or that you have no credible
credentials to be called either an expert in the fireld of environmentalism,
every time you fail to respond with anything other than 'yawn' proves me
correct.

Ironic really, that in your own little world you feel you are being clever,
that this response will garner what you desire so much,an agressive and
frustrated response.

You lack either the intelligence or worth to get either from me.

All you do is reinforce my description of you, an unintelligent , uninformed
bigot with a hatred for mountain biking hiding behind the green flag of the
environment.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:04:26 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
>>.>.1. For some values of "truth" - i.e. a highly restrictive subset of
>>.>.the truth,

>>.>So you admit that I am telling that truth. That's a start.

>>.Another bogus claim, since I have made the above statement or one
>>.equivalent many times and it is also noted in the Vandeman FAQ
>>.(http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32). Yes, Mike, you tell
>>."the truth" about mountain biking, in just the same way the Klan tell
>>."the truth" about black people - a highly selective subset of the
>>.truth and ignoring similar truths about other activities.

>>Repeating lies doesn't make them true.

> How true those words are, even today. Sometimes your unconscious use
> of irony is hilarious!
>
>>.>.I defy you to find any other "mountain bikers like me".
>>.>Every one I know lies, just as you do. For soem reason you don't
>>seem to be able .>to defend your sport by fact and reason.
>>.Like I said, find me any other "mountain bikers like me". But it's
>>.encouraging that you now admit that lying is not, as you have
>>.previously consistently implied, distinctive of mountain bikers.

>>Idiot. I was talking about mountain bikers, not anyone else.

> Really? So you have credible evidence that mountain bikers, as a
> class, are more likely than the average to lie? Fascinating. Do cite
> it, I will make a point of obtaining the relevant journal specially.
>
>>.So,
>>.thanks for admitting the absence of relevant difference.

>>Learn to read.

> Learn to post unambiguously.
>
>>.There is a third fallacy in that claim, in that it asserts that
>>.mountain biking is "my sport".

>>Liar! I never said that.

I see Mikey is resorting to the "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" defense

How is that working out for you Mikey ??

> In message ID <[email protected]> you said:
> "For soem reason you don't seem to be able to defend your sport by
> fact and reason."
>
> You lose. Again.
>
>>.All in all, this is very disappointing stuff. The Vandeman FAQ
>>.indicates that you have some facility for logic, but it has been
>>.conspicuously absent of late.

>>I suspect that of the two of us, I am the only one who has actually
>>STUDIED logic (and got straight A's).

> That just makes it all the more unforgivable, doesn't it? At the
> current rate it won't be long before you've demonstrated the complete
> set of logical fallacies.
>
> Guy

Mikey, you really need to up your meds.

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:38:06 -0700, "GaryG" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> This kind of thing is becoming downright common! It underscores the
> fact .that
> .> being on top of a bike, with very little traction, ESPECIALLY in
> .unfamiliar
> .> terrain, which mountain bikers seek out, is inherently risky.
> Bicycles .have no
> .> business on hiking trails, and people who advocate mountain biking
> on such .> trails are irresponsible! There is absolutely no way to
> make mountain .biking
> .> safe.
> .>
> .> Mike
> .>
> .>
> .
> .Mike you moron...death can occur while showering, driving, sitting,
> or even .(gasp!) hiking:
> .
> .http://forums.alpinezone.com/about1091.html
> ."BODY OF HIKER RECOVERED AT HUNTINGTON RAVINE"
> .
> .http://www.10news.com/news/4470636/detail.html?subid=22100481&qs=

1;bp=
> t ."Young Hiker Falls To Death In Pacific Palisades"
> .
> .http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_

> bjectid=15422662&method=full&siteid=50020&headline=hiker-falls-to-his-

> eath-name_page.html .(or, http://tinyurl.com/7c6fw )
> ."Hiker falls to his death"
>
> Undoubtedly a mountain biker was responsible for their deaths.
>
> .FWIW, there is absolutely no way to make *LIFE* safe.
> .
> .Your continued attempts to use the deaths of others to support your
> quixotic .quest to ban mountain biking is truly pathetic. You have a
> mental illness, .Mike...please seek help.
> .
> .GG
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Kinda leaves you out of the group that reads these newgroups, doenst it ??

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:p[email protected]:

"Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I see Mikey is resorting to the "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" defense
>
> How is that working out for you Mikey ??

Calling everyone a "Liar" is common in children, but in adults it's a sign of
mental illness.

So Mikey (PhD in Psych), is it bipolar, schizophrenia, or autism?

"Eric Gisin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> I see Mikey is resorting to the "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" defense
>>
>> How is that working out for you Mikey ??
>>

> Calling everyone a "Liar" is common in children, but in adults it's a sign
> of
> mental illness.
>
> So Mikey (PhD in Psych), is it bipolar, schizophrenia, or autism?

There are hundred if not thousands of sites where Mike can find the
information he needs. T his is only one example
http://www.christophers.org/nn417.html

news:p[email protected]...

<snip>
> .> allowed? DUH! What grade are you in, Junior?
> .And here we have it, the historical retort from a bigotted bully, when
> .proved wrong

> Nope, hasn't happened yet!

Oh yes it has.
I'd say he has conclusively proven you wrong.
You failing to admit it, doesn't make it not so.

On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:54:43 -0700, "Eric Gisin" <[email protected]> wrote:

.."Chris Foster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:1117550017.d187e2836009ec8a02714acd2c07769e@teranews...
..
..> I see Mikey is resorting to the "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" defense
..>
..> How is that working out for you Mikey ??
..>
..Calling everyone a "Liar" is common in children, but in adults it's a sign of
..mental illness.

Not when it's TRUE. DUH!