My experince with drugs and blood doping

dsschanze said:
I never said I was gonna do it, cause as you say, unless you can monitor it every week, it could be very dangerous...either way, I value my life and my image too much to be a "user".

Its way too easy, but it doesnt really make a difference in Amateurs. If you can be pro you will see it.

bikerboy said:
Its way too easy, but it doesnt really make a difference in Amateurs. If you can be pro you will see it.
First of all thanks to TiMan for having the minerals to say what needed to be said. Second I dont understand why people who have doped admit they did it, with the Caviate "I quit because I felt bad or guilty". The truth is they were scared so they quit. Either they were scared of dying, sideffects, being caught, public scrutiny, legal problems, or whatever else the imagination conjurs. LA used doping products to recover from cancer, read "Its not about the bike" in there he talks about having to use Epo for recovery. Dr Ferrari is A dope pedeler you dont go to him, unless you need go fast juice, period. LA did dope, but he wont be remembered for that just like Eddy isnt remembered for that. Doping is A high stake's game that isnt worth entering until money is on the line, and with the acception of A few comments in here, I dont see anyone who knows enough about it to make solid comments for either side. From first hand experience I can tell you at the top level of any sport doping is routine, and if it isnt your not competative. If you dont like it, keep fooling yourself, try breaking through the semi's to the pros without gear. Try going from cancer riddled, to pro cycling superstar. You cant do it naturally, no matter how much god given talent or genetics you may have.

Thunderlump said:
Second I dont understand why people who have doped admit they did it, with the Caviate "I quit because I felt bad or guilty". The truth is they were scared so they quit. Either they were scared of dying, sideffects, being caught, public scrutiny, legal problems, or whatever else the imagination conjurs.

Most of these guys probably did it their whole careers. The WADA rules state they can only prosecute on the last 8 years. Cyclingnews.com sort of, suggested that.

bikerboy said:
Most of these guys probably did it their whole careers. The WADA rules state they can only prosecute on the last 8 years. Cyclingnews.com sort of, suggested that.

Look I wont say where or what I ride, but I can say I have used A variety of steroids, and and have acheived A crit level of 53 without EPO. For the record EPO is alot more expensive and in my opinion dangerous than steroids. I personally know three pro mountainbikers who have gone to Mexico for training and returned with some intresting gear. They arent top pros but they do consistantly good top 50 at norbas and such. These are fast guys but not the fastest why? Because others pay top doller for doctor supervised programs running from 12k-50k per year. To top it off, if everyone is using the same gear it still boils down to talent, effort, physiology, training, phsycology, team mates, ETC. If LA came out tomorrow and says he doped for his seven wins; In my humble opinion it takes nothing away from him or the sport. Why? because everyone he has raced against has been busted, the facts are Hamilton Busted, Ullrich Busted, Basso Busted, Floyd Landis Busted, Phillip Meirhagi Busted, Pantani Busted, Roland Green Busted. You get the idea. You dont need to look to far into this subject to find doctors and clinics for such service's. Anyone here about the new "anti -aging" clinics? Completly legal law wise, Ethical maybe not? But how much is it worth $$$Wise? How much did LA make over the years? How much is he still making on endorsments? We se 275 pound NFL players running 4 second fourty's and dont bat an eyelash. Why do we think cycling is special when we find out the truth? All of the worlds greatest Profesional sports figures are masters of illusion, and we are all consuming sicofants. Until we as cyclists take off our rose colored glasses, we will see our sport decline, we need player protection like the NBA, NFL and MLB. All of of these leagues have player unions for protection. Hell Micheal Irvin and Lawrence Taylor smoked crack and shot up roids before every game, both are hall of famers, you dont see the NFL asking for their superbowl rings. Barry Bonds is going for his second home run record, he will also be A hall of famer. Until we get A riders union this will continue to be the problem people imagine it is. Cyclists need to put down the fairytale books and push for reform that will promote and grow the sport. We need to quit canabalizing our sport, and quit pretending we are in Kiddie land. Then we can get some growth for the sport.

I'm relatively new to cycling and this forum. I have played international sport though my knowledge of cycling is comparitively poor. After buying a decent bike, I am now in love with riding and ecstatic that I can give 100%, get fitter every day, and not have any side effects in my three-times-operated-upon knee.

Since this is a forum of opinions, I will venture mine. I hope I am not unduly wasting peoples' time.

1. Thanks TiMan for your input and a great and very interesting thread.

2. I am not for or against LA. I am not an American, though I currently live in a great country called USA. Barring a confession which would make it conclusive, the weight of evidence (including multiple testimony) points to LA being a doper like the others that he beat.

3. Unfortunately the revelation that he doped would have a detrimental effect on cycling, as most parents of young cyclists can currently cling to the belief that their child could become the world's best and be clean (like Lance "apparently" did).

4. Some people seem to believe that if you pass a drug test at an event, then that means you don't dope. Can someone please explain to those who may be ignorant, the limitations of drug tests done at the time of an event.

5. Why not make drugs legal if everyone is doing it anyway? Because drugs unlike great training, can have serious side effects, especially if not administered correctly. Also they have different effects on different people meaning that people would probably place differently in a race where everyone was doped compared to the same race with everyone clean. As well, would you like your great cyclist 15 year old son to progress up the ranks knowing that he is going to have to dope to compete at the top level? Which is probably the case now anyway.
Given the choice of training for three years in the Andes or taking several injections whereby the haemocrit results are even better, I know which one is more appealing.

6. I love training and improving but it discourages me to think that I may compete even at club level and be smacked in performance by lesser natural athletes on juice. How can I ever know how good I am???

7. Like an attention-starved teenager, House needs attention and response, not logic. People please ignore him. It is the best form of rebuttal.

8. The big question is not really whether LA juiced, but knowing that the majority of the professional and top amateurs dope, and knowing as TiMan explained the benefits of doping, how does one eradicate it? Testing is only going to be useful if you do it every day of the year on every athlete, cat2 and above(and that there are infallible tests for every form of doping). Since that is not going to be monetarily feasible it seems, are there any other suggestions?

This has been an interesting thread. I have a couple of questions:
1. On this whole site there appears to be a pretty general consensus that most pros dope. The only notable that people seem to think doesn't is Cadel Evans. I have seen many comments regarding this. I was wondering why people think this?
2. Do sprinters (McEwen, Hushovd etc) dope? The names that keep popping up are the climbers so I was wondering if sprinters dope as well?
Thanks in advance
Shaun

madmorri said:
This has been an interesting thread. I have a couple of questions:
1. On this whole site there appears to be a pretty general consensus that most pros dope. The only notable that people seem to think doesn't is Cadel Evans. I have seen many comments regarding this. I was wondering why people think this?
2. Do sprinters (McEwen, Hushovd etc) dope? The names that keep popping up are the climbers so I was wondering if sprinters dope as well?
Thanks in advance
Shaun
Only Aussies fans in deep DeNile could possibly believe Cadel is clean. A few zealots even defended the AIS track program in 2004 after it was busted with equine growth hormones, medical waste, spent needles, sharps buckets and TestiComp. Only Mark French and Jobe Dajka were punished for a short time.

No reasonable person believes you can race at the top level w/o daily injections of hormones.

They all dope and they all deny it. (if they pedal a pro bike---they dope)

The only secrets are what levels of doping and how far to press the blood doping.

Thor Hoshovd even tosses down beer within 20 minutes of time trials.

Doctor.House said:
Only Aussies fans in deep DeNile could possibly believe Cadel is clean. A few zealots even defended the AIS track program in 2004 after it was busted with equine growth hormones, medical waste, spent needles, sharps buckets and TestiComp. Only Mark French and Jobe Dajka were punished for a short time.

No reasonable person believes you can race at the top level w/o daily injections of hormones.

They all dope and they all deny it. (if they pedal a pro bike---they dope)

The only secrets are what levels of doping and how far to press the blood doping.

Thor Hoshovd even tosses down beer within 20 minutes of time trials.
Cheers for the reply