My second cat 4 race - another video for you guys to watch.

You were buried for the entire chase...great training. Your next race won't be as hard thanks to your effort. It looks like you have a fast bunch to train with and the Katusha rider was a good one to TT with. The dude was honing on it.

Your roads are almost as shitty as our Ohio **** roads and I was doing the same thing last evening...chasing hard and repeatedly. No signs to sprint for on your Goon Ride? I get blown off the back at damned near every town and county sign sprint.

Yeah the roads here are pretty bad. We do a few "sign sprints" but they're not marked by signs. There's the end of the first climb which is at 3:34 in the video. There's another climb that I didn't do on this ride where everyone sprints like crazy to be at the top first, then there's the last sprint which ends around 15:06 in the video.

Something's not happy on the bike - it's got the Death Creak going on. That'd drive me bonkers... :p

Collin must move up!

Computer still screwed up, huh? And WTH is creaking? That would cause me to throw the shimaNO into the ditch.

Good climbing, Collin!

CAMPYBOB said:
Collin must move up! Computer still screwed up, huh? And WTH is creaking? That would cause me to throw the shimaNO into the ditch. Good climbing, Collin!
Speaking of "into the ditch" - did you see Greipel's Campag 80th anniversary Super Record rear mech fly off into the ditch after he went for the gap that wasn't and wiped Tony Martin out? The mech was ripped straight off his bike, dispatched a jockey wheel or two and made a quick exit from the scene leaving the ape standing and waiting for a team car. Maybe it was his rear mech that took an early runner and caused the crash ;) Greipel might have been quoted afterwards "I like having to dislocate my thumb to change into a bigger gear but I need something more reliable. Maybe the team will buy Shimano 2300"

I think it was Planet Cyclery that was selling the 80th group (I'm holding out for the 83rd Anniversarrrrio, myself) for $3K and the matching set of 80th Boraing wheelset with speshul '80' decals for another $3K.

Toss in another $5K for yer favorite Eyetalian (made in Chinarello, China) frameset and you, too, can wow the boys down at the bike shop!

Oh...the optional CBF (Component Breakaway Feature) is part of a package of new, Romanian technology referred to as SGF, GNF and NCW (Scanning Gap Finder, Gap Not Found and Need Clearance Now). They throw in those decals Laser Deposited Resin for free.

I'm kind of surprised, actually, that we haven't seen more riders searching the weeds after bunch crashes for their batteries <radio crackles after wheel change and push off>This frackin' piece of **** is stuck in the 11!!!<radio silence>

CAMPYBOB said:
I think it was Planet Cyclery that was selling the 80th group (I'm holding out for the 83rd Anniversarrrrio, myself) for $3K and the matching set of 80th Boraing wheelset with speshul '80' decals for another $3K. Toss in another $5K for yer favorite Eyetalian (made in Chinarello, China) frameset and you, too, can wow the boys down at the bike shop! Oh...the optional CBF (Component Breakaway Feature) is part of a package of new, Romanian technology referred to as SGF, GNF and NCW (Scanning Gap Finder, Gap Not Found and Need Clearance Now). They throw in those decals Laser Deposited Resin for free. I'm kind of surprised, actually, that we haven't seen more riders searching the weeds after bunch crashes for their batteries This frackin' piece of **** is stuck in the 11!!!
Sep Vanmarcke rode up alpe dhuez in the 53 ring cause his front mech had a blue screen of death and needed a reboot.

A 53 x ANY gear up the Alpe would be stupid painful! Ouch! Muscling it out for a couple K's...I could do that. The whole climb? They would have to airlift me a switchback about halfway up.

Hopefully, Sep cursed his mechanic, the designer, the programmers and cross-chained it all the way up in the 25...not giving a damn what it did to the chain, cassette gear and chainring!

On a positive note: Athena EPS is priced under $2K (full groupset price) by nearly everyone now, in mid-season! Can that mean $1,500 fall sale prices are that far off? I'm tempted to buy a partial group and convert one of the Wiliers...just for the cafe cool points mind you!

Just looking at the speed and gradients given at the start of that video whilst I was having a chat with my fellow "British" buddy, Froomedog, the only words uttered were "thank f**k I raced in France this July and not there - I couldn't keep the 600+ watts required to do 16mph up an 11% grade..."

You train in a very high traffic count area. Riding on the Beltway looks safer!

Dig RayRay's red socks! He's a fast fashionista!

Keep the videos coming, Collin...and have your wife narrate them. More local landmark name references and a couple, "Collin must move up!"s, too.

At 20mph up an 10% hill, Contador wouldn't be able to keep up with you even on a full regiment of blood doping and horse steroids. :p I think even when reception isn't bad, the data on your iphone isn't all that great. The videos are interesting to watch though - nice scenery.