My wish

Yeah, live in Pretoria.  Preparations are going well, just wish I had a proper training program for the Argus.

Roadster try the www.cycletour.co.za site.
There are a few programs there for the Argus each structured according to your goals (Finish, sub-3, win etc !!)

I won't be doing the Argus this year, too expensive for my meagre salary :'(

For all the poor South Africans that can't afford to do the Argus next year....I have an empty standing garage that can be used for accomodation over the Argus weekend. The bidding will start at R200 per day, breakfast incl. ;D

Hi Reynhardt, now I know why you don't want to live in Pta anymore. I have never been in Stellenbosch, and only once a year in Cape Town (for the Argus) and I think that is the most beautiful place in SA. Everytime I'm there for the Argus, I just want to stay behind.

Acid, yeah the entry fee for the Argus is quite heavy, but luckily the club that I belong to, is going to sponsor our entry fee and petrol for the trip from Pta to CT. Lucky me, hey!!!

Hi Roadster,

Sorry for the late reply, just got off the holidays here in the Philippines.

The situation here (theft) is similar to your place. Here, my LBS warned me a bout a bunch of guys that cruise around popular cycling routes and steal your bikes at gunpoint. Scary stuff. I also heard of a cyclist getting whacked on the head (HARD!) and getting his low-end bike stolen! I guess that's what poverty does to some people.

Hi Altwegg,
Hope you had a nice holiday. Geez, imagine being held up at gunpoint and someone taking your beloved bike!!! That's why I always cycle in well-populated areas and always keep a look-out when I approach a robot or stop sign. Hope that never happens to me!!!

Yet another reason why riding with a bunch is better ;)

cheers!

I sure hope that populated areas can mean safety over there. Here, the presence of other people mean nothing to thieves. The guy who was whacked on the head was riding in a very populated area with a lot of other fellow cyclists. Still, nothing was done to prevent the theft.

Very sad.

If anyone tries to take my bike, I'll guarantee him a broken arm/leg, or neck!

What do you think of Malcolm Lange kicking Robbie Hunter's ass in Durban...seems like we do have some serious talent at home!!

Anyway....what are we doing posting messages on an Aussie site??????????????? :D
Nick White set up Malcolm perfectly. It's hard work for Robbie competing on his own against teams. What i find amazing is that his Lampre team mates didn't manage to get into the break with him and the HSBC/Minolta/IBM guys???

In answer to your second question.... it's because there are no good SA one's (that i know of) and all BBs are international just like the net anyway. ;)

I know a few of the top SA ladies and lots of social female cyclists. Perhaps I should introduce them?

I know a few of the top SA ladies and lots of social female cyclists. Perhaps I should introduce them?

Now THAT is an excellent idea! Go for it!
As I have posted before, Robert Hunter's brother dates my 'half-niece'. I'm trying to set up some type of interview with him too!

It might be hosted in Australia, but this doesn't mean you have to be australian to post to it.
Vo2 is from SA, he has played quite a big part in getting this forum to where it is today.

cheers!

Kind words, admin...thank you kindly!