Naughty Postal!!!

Richard Adams

Guest
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

ACHTUNG! ALLES SPORTEN DIREKTORS!

Das motorcyclefilmenkrew ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und
mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der kamerawerk, droppencyclen und
pavementsliden mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gekuttenoffen bei
das dumpkopfen. Das sportendirektoren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans
in das auto muss; relaxen und watchen das cyclistpeddlen.

in article [email protected], Richard Adams at

> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

US Postal team punished
From correspondents at L'Alpe D'Huez, France
July 22, 2004

LANCE ARMSTRONG's US Postal fell foul of Tour de France officials today
after an incident involving their team car and a motorcyclist filming the
16th stage.
Officials acted after witnesses reported the US Postal team car driving
dangerously and blocking in a bike filming Armstrong on the mountain run.

One of the passengers sitting in the back of the car is reported to have
seized the motorcyclist's arm.

Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the back of
the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

Sonarrat wrote:

> Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the back of
> the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

CSC will have to be doing some tricky driving to make deliveries as well
as get up front to tell riders to sit up...

More seriously, this could be significant in case of
mechanical/puncture/bike change at a critical time during the stage.

> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

They should give a 10 minute penalty.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the

back of
> > the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

> CSC will have to be doing some tricky driving to make deliveries as well
> as get up front to tell riders to sit up...
>
> More seriously, this could be significant in case of
> mechanical/puncture/bike change at a critical time during the stage.

But alas, the due to the confounded radios, the effect of making
communication with the DS is not diminished/inconvenienced.

Carl
About as much a fan of two way radios for riders as he is of people who
scream at the top of their lungs that someone is attacking, but don't move a
muscle to try to cover it themselves.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:47:47 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Carl
>About as much a fan of two way radios for riders as he is of people who
>scream at the top of their lungs that someone is attacking, but don't move a
>muscle to try to cover it themselves.

You must love the spectators that yell at a dying bike rider to "catch
his wheel" or (better) "jump on his wheel". Fortunately, the riders
usually can neither hear the spectator(s) (they seem to like to yell
this in groups) or actually focus on that illusive wheel at that
point.

OTOH, I'm always hoping that two or three knackered bike racers will
stop and pound the **** out of the spectators while yelling, "Catch
this!"

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Sonarrat wrote:

> Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the
> back of the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST)
> 17th stage.

They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
the offical cars.

Dieter

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:12:47 +0200, Dieter Buerssner <[email protected]>
wrote:

>They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
>could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
>the offical cars.

Per Cyclingnews, Johan won the appeal on the basis that they had a
prior agreement to be there as long as Lance was in yellow (more or
less - its about halfway down today's live commentary).

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:12:47 +0200, Dieter Buerssner <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
> >could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
> >the offical cars.

> Per Cyclingnews, Johan won the appeal on the basis that they had a
> prior agreement to be there as long as Lance was in yellow (more or
> less - its about halfway down today's live commentary).

In hindsight, he won his argument just by muscling his way to the front and
copping a CHF 200 fine :)

Jeff