Naughty Postal!!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

    ACHTUNG! ALLES SPORTEN DIREKTORS!

    Das motorcyclefilmenkrew ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und
    mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der kamerawerk, droppencyclen und
    pavementsliden mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gekuttenoffen bei
    das dumpkopfen. Das sportendirektoren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans
    in das auto muss; relaxen und watchen das cyclistpeddlen.

    Tags:

  2. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected], Richard Adams at

    > http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

    US Postal team punished
    From correspondents at L'Alpe D'Huez, France
    July 22, 2004

    LANCE ARMSTRONG's US Postal fell foul of Tour de France officials today
    after an incident involving their team car and a motorcyclist filming the
    16th stage.
    Officials acted after witnesses reported the US Postal team car driving
    dangerously and blocking in a bike filming Armstrong on the mountain run.

    One of the passengers sitting in the back of the car is reported to have
    seized the motorcyclist's arm.

    Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the back of
    the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

  3. Sonarrat wrote:

    > Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the back of
    > the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

    CSC will have to be doing some tricky driving to make deliveries as well
    as get up front to tell riders to sit up...

    More seriously, this could be significant in case of
    mechanical/puncture/bike change at a critical time during the stage.

  4. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10210383-23210,00.html

    They should give a 10 minute penalty.

  5. "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the

    back of
    > > the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST) 17th stage.

    > CSC will have to be doing some tricky driving to make deliveries as well
    > as get up front to tell riders to sit up...
    >
    > More seriously, this could be significant in case of
    > mechanical/puncture/bike change at a critical time during the stage.

    But alas, the due to the confounded radios, the effect of making
    communication with the DS is not diminished/inconvenienced.

    Carl
    About as much a fan of two way radios for riders as he is of people who
    scream at the top of their lungs that someone is attacking, but don't move a
    muscle to try to cover it themselves.

  6. On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:47:47 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Carl
    >About as much a fan of two way radios for riders as he is of people who
    >scream at the top of their lungs that someone is attacking, but don't move a
    >muscle to try to cover it themselves.

    You must love the spectators that yell at a dying bike rider to "catch
    his wheel" or (better) "jump on his wheel". Fortunately, the riders
    usually can neither hear the spectator(s) (they seem to like to yell
    this in groups) or actually focus on that illusive wheel at that
    point.

    OTOH, I'm always hoping that two or three knackered bike racers will
    stop and pound the crap out of the spectators while yelling, "Catch
    this!"

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  7. Sonarrat wrote:

    > Tour officials took action, demoting US Postal from the front to the
    > back of the group of cars following the peloton for tonight's (AEST)
    > 17th stage.

    They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
    could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
    the offical cars.

    Dieter

  8. On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:12:47 +0200, Dieter Buerssner <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
    >could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
    >the offical cars.

    Per Cyclingnews, Johan won the appeal on the basis that they had a
    prior agreement to be there as long as Lance was in yellow (more or
    less - its about halfway down today's live commentary).

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  9. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:12:47 +0200, Dieter Buerssner <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >They USP car today was the first car behind the peloton, as usual. One
    > >could see it several times during the TV broadcasting riding just behind
    > >the offical cars.

    > Per Cyclingnews, Johan won the appeal on the basis that they had a
    > prior agreement to be there as long as Lance was in yellow (more or
    > less - its about halfway down today's live commentary).

    In hindsight, he won his argument just by muscling his way to the front and
    copping a CHF 200 fine :)

    Jeff