Need help with wheelset...thank you

Banatean

Jul 26, 2003
So my GF's Specialized bike rims come out of true like crazy,we ride together but her bike seems to take a real beating...the model she has is Rockhopper and the rims and hubs are generic,there is no name on anything hub or rim,just plain aluminum.Anyway i go to a bike shop and buy a new set of rims for her bike not knowing that there are two types of hubs :Freewheel and Freehub (just learned that from The Haynes Bicycle Book),the rims i bought for her are freehub and she needs freewheel !,boy i was mad...especialy because the guy at the bike shop didn't even ask what type of rims i need !,but what i noticed on the net is that most wheelsets are for freehub ,does that mean that i may have a problem geting a set of wheels that will work on her bike ?,tuesday i will return the wheelset back at the store (Rhyno Lite/Shimano Deore),does anyone know where i can find a decently priced ($ 200 cnd or less) wheelset that's a Freewheel not Freehub ?
Thank you and sorry about the long posting.
Dan

Originally posted by Banatean
So my GF's Specialized bike rims come out of true like crazy,we ride together but her bike seems to take a real beating...the model she has is Rockhopper and the rims and hubs are generic,there is no name on anything hub or rim,just plain aluminum.Anyway i go to a bike shop and buy a new set of rims for her bike not knowing that there are two types of hubs :Freewheel and Freehub (just learned that from The Haynes Bicycle Book),the rims i bought for her are freehub and she needs freewheel !,boy i was mad...especialy because the guy at the bike shop didn't even ask what type of rims i need !,but what i noticed on the net is that most wheelsets are for freehub ,does that mean that i may have a problem geting a set of wheels that will work on her bike ?,tuesday i will return the wheelset back at the store (Rhyno Lite/Shimano Deore),does anyone know where i can find a decently priced ($ 200 cnd or less) wheelset that's a Freewheel not Freehub ?
Thank you and sorry about the long posting.
Dan