New Equipment?

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
Is anyone getting anything new next year (bikes, components, accesories,etc.)?

I am getting a green CSK frame with the complete Ultegra 10 groupo and Ritchey handlebars, stem and seatpost and an SLR XP Saddle and Profile Design Aerobars for timetrials. I will get two sets of wheels (one to train on and one to race on) Mavic Open Pro's to train on and Rolf Vigors to race on.

Then I will get new shoes, a new computer and a new helmet and some more pairs of jerseys, shorts and skinsuits and maybe a vest and maybe a TT Helmet.

I will use all this stuff for 2-3 years and once I am a Cat. 2 and have enough money:D I will buy a Dura-Ace 10 Groupo.

I'm getting a new bicycle to replace my stolen one. I'll go with a cheaper bike this time with much more expensive locks on it.

I just ordered my 2006 Trek Pilot 2.1 today.:)

Three weeks.....how am I going to wait three weeks!!:(

It ain't new, but I've a 1987-88 Peugeot Optima that I want to restore. Once I've had the b/b shell replaced (it's knackered) it'll be resprayed. When that's done, it'll get lots of nice new shiny parts. It weighed around 21-23lbs in the old days. I'm wondering what she'll weigh with newer parts. All I have to do is get a friggin' job to pay for it all!!!:eek:

shannons dad said:
It ain't new, but I've a 1987-88 Peugeot Optima that I want to restore. Once I've had the b/b shell replaced (it's knackered) it'll be resprayed. When that's done, it'll get lots of nice new shiny parts. It weighed around 21-23lbs in the old days. I'm wondering what she'll weigh with newer parts. All I have to do is get a friggin' job to pay for it all!!!:eek:
I'm always adding clothes, tools, spare tires, tubes, etc.

I am awaiting the 2006 bikes designed for women. My wife is riding a Trek 7100 hybrid and needs something faster but she doesn't like the fit of a men's road bike. LBS doesn't have any women's bikes in her size at the moment. I may get her a Trek FX WSD and change out the tires for something a little thinner and w/o tread.

Then one of my stepdaughters gets the 7100.

Oh, and I'm trying to decide what saddle to get to replace my Selle Italia Filante.

Cyclist14 said:
Is anyone getting anything new next year (bikes, components, accesories,etc.)?.
I'm investing in a Spectrum Ti frame w/ some Campy goods and Zipp wheels.

I was saving up to get a new roadie in Jan, BUT, by checking the shop’s Websites, I picked up a Cytek Massimo with Dura-Ace (7.6 to 7.8kg) for $2000.00 less than what I was going to pay next year…Yippee! So, I bought all new clothes, helmet, computer…everything.

I had LOOK’s new Keo carbon pedals put on – damn they’re good.

http://www.cytekbicycles.com/frames.htm

Over the weekend I put 90km of hills and 85km of flat roads on it - it handles very well.

Winners are grinners.
:D

After the winter, I am going to equip my bikes with Tufo tyres. The few miles I have done on them this year have convinced me.

My favourites are the Elite Jet for racing and the S3 Lite for training.

I would really like to treat myself to a new Colnago frame but funds aren't allowing just yet