Newbie here. Need your help?

swoosh

Dec 20, 2005
Greetings! I am very new to the sport of mountain biking. In fact, I haven't really started getting a bike yet but I plan to get one in a few weeks.

I am just wondering what bike parts I essentially need to assemble a decent mountain bike. I was hoping that I could get one with suspension. It also has to be moderately priced.

Pals, any advice? :)

swoosh said:
Greetings! I am very new to the sport of mountain biking. In fact, I haven't really started getting a bike yet but I plan to get one in a few weeks.

I am just wondering what bike parts I essentially need to assemble a decent mountain bike. I was hoping that I could get one with suspension. It also has to be moderately priced.

Pals, any advice? :)
depends on what you mean by moderate. But if your looking for a fairly basic bike the main thing/s to look out for are double wall rims (depending on how aggressively you ride) and even a budget zoom or mozo shocks would help soften the track out, but dont expect much from them at all. But look around, particuarly at 05 stock to get a good price on some decent entry level bike