Newbie Intro Thread

Name: Bryan Moritz
Team: DICE
Racing: This is my first year of racing. I have participated in over 20 USCF races during 2004. I have done Criteriums, Road Races, Time Trials, and Cyclocross.
Training: Depends on the races that are coming up. But total miles to date for 2004 are around 4000 (outdoor, and indoor).
Bikes: Specialized Allez (Road Bike), Bianchi (Cyclocross Bike). However, both of these bikes are not mine. The Road bike is a loaner from the bike shop that sponsors my team, and the Bianchi is one of my coaches.
Goals: Cat 3 racer by the end of next season. State Champ in Road, Crit, and Cyclocross.

Name: Robert Bullen
Racing: No. . . just bike for fun
Training: whenever. . . whatever. just started cycling lots, so haven't really got a pattern, but i like to do 50/60 mile rides at weekends, and short 14 mile rides in the evenings.
Bikes: I've just been using an ordinary 18 speed non racing bike up til now, but yesterday i got given a falcon racing bike (all i know about it, except it was designed by ernie clements) so when i get that up and running (needs new tyres) I'll be riding that.
Goals: Im hopefully doing a sponsored bike ride next summer, Lands end to John o Groats - the whole length of the british isles (960 miles).

My new stats as of today

Name: Andrew Mckernan

Nickname: Andrew, Andy, Andy Spandy, Bluey

Racing: Summer Criterium Series ( Check out the weekly race reports on the clubs site http://home.iprimus.com.au/wayne_tunks/criterium series.htm )

Bike: Giant OCR 2

Club: Latrobe City Cycling Club

Training: on weekends I do at least 60km a day and i try to go out after school and do between 30 - 40 kms most weekdays

Longest Ride: 75km

Goal: first national then international!

Do any of you guys clubs have sites?

Name: Jonathan

Race: No, planning on starting in the 2006 season (too busy for me this year)

Goals: Cutting 90 minutes off my time over a mountain half-century (4.5 hours to 3 hours)

Daily Training: I ride 20-25 miles two days a week, weather permitting. When the weather is warmer, I ride 30-35 miles three or four days a week.

Hey whats up everyone! Looks like a pretty dead forum but here's my info-

I'm 21, been riding 4 seasons seriously, too fast for racing, do a weekly hammerfest club right once a week in the season, I hail from Wisconsin so I'm spending time on my trainer right now. I ride both TREK mb and road especially, got about 3,000 miles last season hoping for 4,000 this season.

You think you're hot stuff? Show up for the Horribly Hilly 200 k in Mt. Horeb, WI on June 12, 2005- if you can finish I'll give you a high five, I'm going to finish in the top 4. Limited to 600 riders, $35 before May-05.

Look forward to talking with you poseurs! :cool: :cool:

ganderctrName: Jonathan

Race: No, planning on starting in the 2006 season (too busy for me this year)

Goals: Cutting 90 minutes off my time over a mountain half-century (4.5 hours to 3 hours)

Daily Training: I ride 20-25 miles two days a week, weather permitting. When the weather is warmer, I ride 30-35 miles three or four days a week.

Hey, man. You ought to consider doing a few races this year. Atlanta has some decent races. you ought to start now so that you have some time in the junior ranks. I'd suggest the Brooks Sprint Omnium, whatever state champs is, and a few of the Georgia Cups. A word of advice: for the Georgia Cup races, don't pre-register. Show up, and see if there's any juniors, and if not, race cat 5.
When you say a mountain half century, are you referring to 3 gap?

whoawhoa said:
Hey, man. You ought to consider doing a few races this year. Atlanta has some decent races. you ought to start now so that you have some time in the junior ranks. I'd suggest the Brooks Sprint Omnium, whatever state champs is, and a few of the Georgia Cups. A word of advice: for the Georgia Cup races, don't pre-register. Show up, and see if there's any juniors, and if not, race cat 5.
When you say a mountain half century, are you referring to 3 gap?

Thanks, I'm going to seriously consider that. Yes, I did the 3 gap but it was bad the last hour or so due to automobile traffic...I doubt I'll ever do the whole century for that reason but you never know.

Thanks for the information!

Yeah, I did 3 gap too, and I know what you mean about the traffic. I would have liked to have done the 6, but i was with my dad and he was a sissy, so we decided on three. But we were like the first people to finish the three, so we had no one else with us through the traffic. That and the beggining was a bit crazy. That many people in one group was squirrely. I actually enjoyed going up there to ride on Tour de Georgia weekend more.

Name: Daniel Elps

Bike: Just ordered a Trek 1500

Racing: Yes, my team is YMCA Extreme Team, hoping to join Ultimate Bike's Team (Ultimate Bike is a local bike shop)\

Mileage: Still waiting for my Trek to come in but average mileage was about 200-250 a week.

Extra: I use Bontrager Race Lite Tires:D

Heya.

Name: Matt Hasler

Bike: Specialized Allez Sport '04
allez_spt_27_blk_red.jpg

Racing: No racing around here. I'm yet to find a nearby cycling club.

Mileage: In the summer months I probably do about 55 miles a week. It's all I can fit in really. In the winter I train on our exercise bike. I do 10k a night plus upper body work out.

Name- Becky

Location- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Age- 22 (perhaps too old for this forum :confused: )

Cycling Goals- I basically want to use cycling to improve my overall fitness as it's a sport I thoroughly enjoy. I also want to participate in Around the Bay in a Day and the Great Victorian Bike Ride this year and not get so tired on them that I don't enjoy it.

Racing- Don't race and don't want to..unless I get really good or something :p

Average miles- I just started cycling again recently and do about 20kms a day. Will be doing around 40kms on the weekends. Will step it up each week.

I think that's everything :D

Name: Sandie Howard

Nickname: Sandie, Sandierox, Rox, Red

Racing: Not as of yet.

Bike: Giant TCR II with upgraded components

Training: weekends and weekdays, 3-5 times in season

Longest Ride: 80km or so, last season when I began riding road.

Goal: Go Pro, live and love a free riding life!

MSN messenger: [email protected]

Euan

School Pupil

Specialized Allez 2004

Looking to start racing

Name: Diego Arraya

Nickname: milko

Racing: first year and loving it.

Bike: specialized allez, within 15 days i shall have my new 2005 specialized pro comp!!!

Training: 20hrs a week indoors currently (it's my equivalent to overseas training)

Longest Ride: 200-220kms on a mtb in 8hrs three years back.

Goals: ride up alp d'huez, become a mean cookie in the ontario field then eventually Canadian field, ride across Canada and the Usa, and watch in person Canadian Michael Barry riding in the Tour de France!!!

Sponsor: Gears Bike Shop www.GearsRacing.com and www.GearsBikeShop.com

MSN messenger: [email protected]

Name: Kaitlin Michener

Nickname: KK

Racing: third year for mountain and first for road

Bike: Cannondale F800 (MTB) and Cannondale R900 for road

Training: About 15hrs right now, not just on the bike. I can't get enough of soccer too.

Racing: Ontario cups, Ontario summer games. Mountain biking, but I'd like to give road racing a try.

Longest Ride: Probably my four hour ride the first time out on my road bike

Goals: Make some money and do the Canada cups to get on the national team for mountain biking. Maybe the Olympic team? Try some road races.

Sponsor: squire John's, intrawest

Name: Scott Schmitz

Racing:none right now but i would like to

Training: just riding lightly around my niehbor hood

Ultimate Goal: to become pro...but it isnt likly to happen so i just hope i bike ride the rest of my life

name: JT Frye Location: Winter Park, Floridaage: 17
Racing: no cycling races right now, but will be doing a few sprint triathlons in a couple of weeks
Bike: Litespeed Classic (Dura Ace) and a Bianchi Pista Fixed gear (48/16)
Longest Ride: right now just 45 miles
Training: only weekends, now with track ending I will start going every day
Goal: right now just keep on improving, get really good and eventually I would like to do an Iron Man

Name: Mark Shook
Location Woodbury, MN
Race? Nope
Goals? Lower heart rate and raise fitness level.
Daily Training: Currently Training for the 400m run, after about 2 weeks I will start training on my bike.

name- gee
age- 18 in oct. 05
racing- just got back from belgium after racing for the u.s. national team
training- 18-30 hrs weekly in winter, volume comes down a little in racing season
goals- make the u.s. team going to the worlds, and its a long shot but win a stage in the Tour.
family- 3 brothers, 1 sister, i am the oldest
passtime- boy scouts, science fair, bicycle maintinence, reading,
music- remy zero, garden state soundtrack, the shins, rem, some jack johnson and counting crows, the postal service, coldplay

Name- Shannon
Age- 17
Location- Lee's Summit, Missouri
Race- Not yet, but hopefuly at some point
Goals- raise fitness level, stay active in cycling events