Opinion on this MTB aluminium frame?

dannyfrankszzz

New Member
Mar 8, 2003
I've been offered the followling frame at a very cheap price:

ALLOY 7000 ALLOY MTB FRAME
POLISHED MTB FRAME IN DURABLE 7000 SERIES HEAT TREATED ALUMINIUM

Is this worth investing in? 7000 alloy is a quite a high grade of alloy, correct?

I'm looking to build a bike that I don't have to be paranoid about when I leave it locked up and this might fit the bill.

Sandy Morton wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> dannyfrankszzz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I've been offered the followling frame at a very cheap price:

>>ALLOY 7000 ALLOY MTB FRAME POLISHED MTB FRAME IN DURABLE 7000
>>SERIES HEAT TREATED ALUMINIUM

>>Is this worth investing in? 7000 alloy is a quite a high grade of
>>alloy, correct?

> I sold two of these to the same guy for £20-00 - markup was 130%.

At a July commodity price for plain aluminium of approx £1/kg that must
work out not much more than materials price for 7000 alloy when you
bought them.

--
Tony

Anon

In article <[email protected]>, Tony Raven
<[email protected]> wrote:
> > I sold two of these to the same guy for £20-00 - markup was 130%.
> >

> At a July commodity price for plain aluminium of approx £1/kg that
> must work out not much more than materials price for 7000 alloy
> when you bought them.

Bought them in an auction where the stuff that I wanted went for daft
- over retail - prices. I did fill the estate twice for £300ish.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island