General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: Gun question

Started by Hugh Beyer · · Last activity · 130 posts · 2,667 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 December 2005
Last activity
26 December 2005
Original author
Hugh Beyer
Posts
130
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,667
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–80 of 130
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Lee Michaels said:


    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    ignore file.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  2. In article <[email hidden]>, Dally <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Fish!~ of Arcdia <[email hidden]> sputtered nonsense:


    <snipped>

    Quoted message said:

    What part of "Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    pie hole" didn't you understand son?

    Will, Bill Rodgers is morphing his names to ones of people you might
    recognize. Look at headers or check the email address or just note the
    idiocy of the post and recognize the troll... then don't feed the trolls!

    Noted.

    Quoted message said:


    Dally

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  3. Lee Michaels said:


    "JRH" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    JRH <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    > That's a well thought out and considered response Brinksy! ;o)

    Agreed. Well thought out questions get well thought out answers. Stupid
    comments made in ignorance of the topic get's the proper response, ergo,
    "Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    pie hole."

    I think your message may have merit but your delivery lacks the social
    niceties of courteous discourse. This can but encourage hostile
    response and dilute the essence of your message.

    What is the "essence" of your message Chucky??

    To help people as we pass this way William.

    Quoted message said:


    Ignorance is bliss??

    I more than most, have worked hard to help you escape from the tyranny
    of your extraordinary poor level of scholarship, and to your credit
    you have responded really rather well old chap.

    Quoted message said:


    But all kinds of morons worship courtesy. It is a subsitute for any kind of
    real motivation, knowledge or expertise.

    That is a silly thing to say William, and has no meaning at all.

    Quoted message said:


    Besides, this is usenet. If the individual was really interested in
    knowledge, they would be willing to put up with whatever to get it.
    Sometimes it takes considerable amount of time and effort to learn.

    As you are learning to your cost poor man.

    Quoted message said:


    But, on the other hand, if they were obsessed with manners, they would go to
    a tight ass brit troll like yourself Chucky.

    We all have our parts to play William, and as the Bard famously said:

    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts.

    From: As you like it by William Shakespeare.

    Quoted message said:


    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Of course he is William dear; and how is Violet Elizabeth Bott and
    your gang 'The Outlaws'?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_William#Characters

    When are you going to update your rules for the gang William; they are
    such jolly fun but a tad out of date following events of the past few
    months.

    Quoted message said:


    And, by the way, this is your cue to change your e-mail addy ten more times
    today Chucky.

    Who would you like me to be today William?

  4. WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Lee Michaels said:


    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    ignore file.

    No Will, John who started as John, and then became Don Quixote, and
    then Charles Ponsonby Smythe Esq, and then just Charles, is now back
    to using his real name but using only his initials.

    You've been here a long time old chap, and know how when I first
    arrived all those years ago, how I was "trolled" and "stalked" by
    Williams 'The Enforcer' and his doxy Volk 'The Elzinator', and was
    made to jump through hoops - until I finally got the better of them.

    Being attacked by you is the equivalent of being savaged by a dead
    sheep, and being "ignored" by you is all my pleasure little man.

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JRH said:
    WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Lee Michaels said:


    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    ignore file.

    No Will, John who started as John, and then became Don Quixote, and
    then Charles Ponsonby Smythe Esq, and then just Charles, is now back
    to using his real name but using only his initials.

    You've been here a long time old chap, and know how when I first
    arrived all those years ago, how I was "trolled" and "stalked" by
    Williams 'The Enforcer' and his doxy Volk 'The Elzinator', and was
    made to jump through hoops - until I finally got the better of them.

    Being attacked by you is the equivalent of being savaged by a dead
    sheep, and being "ignored" by you is all my pleasure little man.

    What does the "R" stand for? :-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  6. Lee Michaels said:
    JRH said:
    WillBrink said:

    JRH <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > That's a well thought out and considered response Brinksy! ;o)

    Agreed. Well thought out questions get well thought out answers. Stupid
    comments made in ignorance of the topic get's the proper response, ergo,
    "Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    pie hole."

    I think your message may have merit but your delivery lacks the social
    niceties of courteous discourse. This can but encourage hostile
    response and dilute the essence of your message.

    What is the "essence" of your message Chucky??

    Ignorance is bliss??

    But all kinds of morons worship courtesy. It is a subsitute for any kind of
    real motivation, knowledge or expertise.

    Besides, this is usenet. If the individual was really interested in
    knowledge, they would be willing to put up with whatever to get it.
    Sometimes it takes considerable amount of time and effort to learn.

    But, on the other hand, if they were obsessed with manners, they would go to
    a tight ass brit troll like yourself Chucky.

    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    And, by the way, this is your cue to change your e-mail addy ten more times
    today Chucky.

    You should Google "Charles" in rec.sport.rugby.union, Lee. Hudson is
    just as beloved there as he is in MFW!

  7. WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Dally <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    WillBrink said:

    Fish!~ of Arcdia <[email hidden]> sputtered nonsense:


    <snipped>

    Quoted message said:

    What part of "Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    pie hole" didn't you understand son?

    Will, Bill Rodgers is morphing his names to ones of people you might
    recognize. Look at headers or check the email address or just note the
    idiocy of the post and recognize the troll... then don't feed the trolls!

    Noted.

    Just check the headers for:

    NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.195.133.223

    I doubt he'll want to [censored] you off. ComCast tends to pay a lot more
    attention to complaints from its own subscribers.

  8. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JRH said:
    WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Lee Michaels" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    > I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    > [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    > real
    > deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    ignore file.

    No Will, John who started as John, and then became Don Quixote, and
    then Charles Ponsonby Smythe Esq, and then just Charles, is now back
    to using his real name but using only his initials.

    You've been here a long time old chap, and know how when I first
    arrived all those years ago, how I was "trolled" and "stalked" by
    Williams 'The Enforcer' and his doxy Volk 'The Elzinator', and was
    made to jump through hoops - until I finally got the better of them.

    Being attacked by you is the equivalent of being savaged by a dead
    sheep, and being "ignored" by you is all my pleasure little man.

    What does the "R" stand for? :-)

    Rimjob?

  9. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JRH said:
    WillBrink said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Lee Michaels" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    > I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    > [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    > real
    > deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    ignore file.

    No Will, John who started as John, and then became Don Quixote, and
    then Charles Ponsonby Smythe Esq, and then just Charles, is now back
    to using his real name but using only his initials.

    You've been here a long time old chap, and know how when I first
    arrived all those years ago, how I was "trolled" and "stalked" by
    Williams 'The Enforcer' and his doxy Volk 'The Elzinator', and was
    made to jump through hoops - until I finally got the better of them.

    Being attacked by you is the equivalent of being savaged by a dead
    sheep, and being "ignored" by you is all my pleasure little man.

    What does the "R" stand for? :-)

    Rimjob?

  10. "JMW" wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Lee Michaels said:
    JRH said:

    WillBrink <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > JRH <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> That's a well thought out and considered response Brinksy! ;o)
    >
    >Agreed. Well thought out questions get well thought out answers. Stupid
    >comments made in ignorance of the topic get's the proper response, ergo,
    >"Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    >pie hole."

    I think your message may have merit but your delivery lacks the social
    niceties of courteous discourse. This can but encourage hostile
    response and dilute the essence of your message.

    What is the "essence" of your message Chucky??

    Ignorance is bliss??

    But all kinds of morons worship courtesy. It is a subsitute for any kind
    of
    real motivation, knowledge or expertise.

    Besides, this is usenet. If the individual was really interested in
    knowledge, they would be willing to put up with whatever to get it.
    Sometimes it takes considerable amount of time and effort to learn.

    But, on the other hand, if they were obsessed with manners, they would go
    to
    a tight ass brit troll like yourself Chucky.

    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    And, by the way, this is your cue to change your e-mail addy ten more
    times
    today Chucky.

    You should Google "Charles" in rec.sport.rugby.union, Lee. Hudson is
    just as beloved there as he is in MFW!

    No thank you John.

    I am NOT a masochist.

  11. Hugh Beyer said:
    John Hanson said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had a bit the same reaction. But we need something sturdy that locks for
    storage here, too.


    Don't store a firearm in a case.

    You mean because the whole case can be stolen, right?

    So can all but the heaviest gun safes. Just this week, we had a case
    where a gun safe was removed from an upstairs bedroom and dragged two
    blocks!

  12. Lee Michaels said:

    "JMW" wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Lee Michaels said:

    "JRH" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > WillBrink <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> JRH <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> That's a well thought out and considered response Brinksy! ;o)
    >>
    >>Agreed. Well thought out questions get well thought out answers. Stupid
    >>comments made in ignorance of the topic get's the proper response, ergo,
    >>"Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    >>pie hole."
    >
    > I think your message may have merit but your delivery lacks the social
    > niceties of courteous discourse. This can but encourage hostile
    > response and dilute the essence of your message.

    What is the "essence" of your message Chucky??

    Ignorance is bliss??

    But all kinds of morons worship courtesy. It is a subsitute for any kind
    of
    real motivation, knowledge or expertise.

    Besides, this is usenet. If the individual was really interested in
    knowledge, they would be willing to put up with whatever to get it.
    Sometimes it takes considerable amount of time and effort to learn.

    But, on the other hand, if they were obsessed with manners, they would go
    to
    a tight ass brit troll like yourself Chucky.

    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    And, by the way, this is your cue to change your e-mail addy ten more
    times
    today Chucky.

    You should Google "Charles" in rec.sport.rugby.union, Lee. Hudson is
    just as beloved there as he is in MFW!

    No thank you John.

    I am NOT a masochist.

    Well, the "Charles is Gay" thread was rather entertaining.

  13. "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Hugh Beyer said:
    John Hanson said:

    >I had a bit the same reaction. But we need something sturdy that locks
    >for
    >storage here, too.
    >
    Don't store a firearm in a case.

    You mean because the whole case can be stolen, right?

    So can all but the heaviest gun safes. Just this week, we had a case
    where a gun safe was removed from an upstairs bedroom and dragged two
    blocks!

    Is that some kinda strongman or dinosaur training?

    Did anybody see them?? I would consider that to be VERY suspicious
    activity! How did they get caught?

  14. Lee Michaels said:


    "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Hugh Beyer said:

    John Hanson <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >>I had a bit the same reaction. But we need something sturdy that locks
    >>for
    >>storage here, too.
    >>
    > Don't store a firearm in a case.
    >

    You mean because the whole case can be stolen, right?

    So can all but the heaviest gun safes. Just this week, we had a case
    where a gun safe was removed from an upstairs bedroom and dragged two
    blocks!

    Is that some kinda strongman or dinosaur training?

    Did anybody see them?? I would consider that to be VERY suspicious
    activity! How did they get caught?

    Cheaper sheet-metal gun safe, thus fairly light, and containing only
    one shotgun and some personal items. Probably weighed less than a
    hundred pounds. Late in the evening on the night before Thanksgiving.
    Half the distance was through the backyard of the victim's house and a
    small city park. The snow may have made it easier to drag, but it
    also allowed the police to track its progress right to the basement
    where it was found.

  15. WillBrink said:

    What part of "Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    pie hole" didn't you understand son?

    Like you could read them without an "ebonics" translation.

  16. JMW <[email hidden]> wrote in news:t33fp1ha4tme3m1c2tjem0lqqkne7cuj4k@
    4ax.com:

    Quoted message said:
    Lee Michaels said:


    "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hugh Beyer <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >John Hanson <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>>I had a bit the same reaction. But we need something sturdy that


    locks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>for
    >>>storage here, too.
    >>>
    >> Don't store a firearm in a case.
    >>
    >
    >You mean because the whole case can be stolen, right?

    So can all but the heaviest gun safes. Just this week, we had a case
    where a gun safe was removed from an upstairs bedroom and dragged two
    blocks!

    Is that some kinda strongman or dinosaur training?

    Did anybody see them?? I would consider that to be VERY suspicious
    activity! How did they get caught?

    Cheaper sheet-metal gun safe, thus fairly light, and containing only
    one shotgun and some personal items. Probably weighed less than a
    hundred pounds. Late in the evening on the night before Thanksgiving.
    Half the distance was through the backyard of the victim's house and a
    small city park. The snow may have made it easier to drag, but it
    also allowed the police to track its progress right to the basement
    where it was found.

    I'll store my spare weights in them.

    Then they'll give themselves a hernia trying to drag it and sue my ass.

    Hugh

    --
    Exercise is a dirty word. Whenever I hear it, I wash my mouth out with
    chocolate. ("Ladi"😉

  17. On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:10:36 -0500, WillBrink
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Hugh Beyer said:

    John Hanson <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    >I had a bit the same reaction. But we need something sturdy that locks for
    >storage here, too.
    >
    Don't store a firearm in a case.

    You mean because the whole case can be stolen, right?

    Just want to be sure there's not something else there that I don't know.

    Rust.

    Yes, among other things. Basically wear.

  18. "JMW" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Cheaper sheet-metal gun safe, thus fairly light, and containing only
    one shotgun and some personal items. Probably weighed less than a
    hundred pounds. Late in the evening on the night before Thanksgiving.
    Half the distance was through the backyard of the victim's house and a
    small city park. The snow may have made it easier to drag, but it
    also allowed the police to track its progress right to the basement
    where it was found.

    It would not take an excellent tracker to follow that trail!! I wonder if
    they thought they would get away with it? Obviously, these guys are not
    very bright.

    Reminds me of the monday night football game this week. It was snowing.
    When a ball carrier hit the ground, he would slide and clear the snow. The
    referee wouild run over and spot the ball where the clear area started.
    Every move that was made on the field was marked in the snow. It was a
    different type of game.

  19. JMW said:
    Lee Michaels said:
    JRH said:

    WillBrink <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > JRH <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> That's a well thought out and considered response Brinksy! ;o)
    >
    >Agreed. Well thought out questions get well thought out answers. Stupid
    >comments made in ignorance of the topic get's the proper response, ergo,
    >"Learn a little about stats and risk before running your
    >pie hole."

    I think your message may have merit but your delivery lacks the social
    niceties of courteous discourse. This can but encourage hostile
    response and dilute the essence of your message.

    What is the "essence" of your message Chucky??

    Ignorance is bliss??

    But all kinds of morons worship courtesy. It is a subsitute for any kind of
    real motivation, knowledge or expertise.

    Besides, this is usenet. If the individual was really interested in
    knowledge, they would be willing to put up with whatever to get it.
    Sometimes it takes considerable amount of time and effort to learn.

    But, on the other hand, if they were obsessed with manners, they would go to
    a tight ass brit troll like yourself Chucky.

    I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the real
    deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.

    And, by the way, this is your cue to change your e-mail addy ten more times
    today Chucky.

    You should Google "Charles" in rec.sport.rugby.union, Lee. Hudson is
    just as beloved there as he is in MFW!

    My stalker is as busy as ever bless him.

    However, it just indicates that bloated egos and bristling
    testosterone fuelled blowhards exist all over Usenet, and as a valiant
    opponent of bullies and blowhards, I revel in confronting them
    wherever they raise their ugly heads

    But you haven't yet found where I spend most of my time these days
    Johnny, have you? ;o).

  20. JMW said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JRH said:

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:42:50 -0500, WillBrink
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >In article <[email hidden]>,
    > "Lee Michaels" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >> I would rather listen to anything out of Brink's mouth that your nice
    >> [censored] Chucky. Even though I don't always agree with Will, he is the
    >> real
    >> deal. Not a stuffed shirt imposter like yourself Chucky.
    >
    >
    >Hmmm, so John who was Charles is now another. Sad. Another for the
    >ignore file.

    No Will, John who started as John, and then became Don Quixote, and
    then Charles Ponsonby Smythe Esq, and then just Charles, is now back
    to using his real name but using only his initials.

    You've been here a long time old chap, and know how when I first
    arrived all those years ago, how I was "trolled" and "stalked" by
    Williams 'The Enforcer' and his doxy Volk 'The Elzinator', and was
    made to jump through hoops - until I finally got the better of them.

    Being attacked by you is the equivalent of being savaged by a dead
    sheep, and being "ignored" by you is all my pleasure little man.

    What does the "R" stand for? :-)

    Rimjob?

    How charming. It's that what Elzi and Lyle taught you when you were in
    the midst of your ménage à trois? ;o)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.