Packing stuff on a bloody bike

Richard Corfield <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Internet Protocol. Its a rudimentary thing that lets you say "I want
> to send this packet of data to this address (probably a computer)".
> Its so basic, it doesn't even guarantee the packet of data will get
> there.

<big snip>

Somebody pushed your button, didn't they! Actually, that is one of the
clearest and most concise explanations I've read for a while. Do you mind
if I send it to a friend's son who is trying to get his head round some of
the more basic aspects of the internet?

Graeme

Richard Corfield [email protected] opined the following...
> Anyone any experiences of the Soundcraft GigRac? Cheaper than equivalents by
> the likes of Yamaha. Ooops - meant to be running and hiding, best not
> answer that.

Not personally, but if you want, I can ask the sales staff at work.

Jon

> in message <[email protected]>, Richard Corfield
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Simon Brooke wrote:
> >

> >> What does IP stand for?
> >>

> > Internet Protocol. Its a rudimentary thing that lets you say "I want
> > to send this packet of data to this address (probably a computer)".
> > Its so basic, it doesn't even guarantee the packet of data will get
> > there.

> [snip]
>
> Dearest beloved, we know all this. <snip>

Indeed

Curious

Graeme wrote:

> Somebody pushed your button, didn't they! Actually, that is one of the
> clearest and most concise explanations I've read for a while. Do you mind
> if I send it to a friend's son who is trying to get his head round some of
> the more basic aspects of the internet?

No problem here.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com