Panaracer Fire XC Pro

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Iggy Peuterbaug, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?

    Mostly ride in sandy or sometimes wet and slimy conditions here in Florida. Tough to find a tire
    that works well in both. Any ideas?

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?

    Classic tire, works well in most conditions, not the fastest on hard pack, poor mud clearance. Also
    used various Michelines, Geax, Bontrager, Ritchey and WTB. Have not tried to evaluate or compare
    systematically, but that much can be said that presently I am on my third set of Panaracer Firex XC
    pro. It is a splendid all-round tire.

    Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

  3. Iggy Peuterbaugh wrote:
    > Anyone have experience with this tire?

    yup

    >Comments

    great tire.

    > Criticism?

    wears out FAST

  4. Get the ones made in Japan not Taiwan.

    "Iggy Peuterbaugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?
    >
    > Mostly ride in sandy or sometimes wet and slimy conditions here in
    Florida.
    > Tough to find a tire that works well in both. Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

  5. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "Iggy Peuterbaugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?
    >
    > Mostly ride in sandy or sometimes wet and slimy conditions here in
    Florida.
    > Tough to find a tire that works well in both. Any ideas?

    It's a great all around tire, though the front is prone to sliding. I use the rear all the time and
    now run a Bontrager Jones up front.

  6. S.G.

    S.G. Guest

    "Iggy Peuterbaugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?
    >
    > Mostly ride in sandy or sometimes wet and slimy conditions here in
    Florida.
    > Tough to find a tire that works well in both. Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    I'm in Florida too but I quite using them cause' the knobbies were breaking off. Maybe I had the
    Taiwan version?

    Scott

  7. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Iggy Peuterbaugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anyone have experience with this tire? Comments? Criticism?
    > >
    > > Mostly ride in sandy or sometimes wet and slimy conditions here in
    > Florida.
    > > Tough to find a tire that works well in both. Any ideas?
    >
    > It's a great all around tire, though the front is prone to sliding. I use the rear all the time
    > and now run a Bontrager Jones up front.

    Sounds familiar. I found that I couldn't trust the XC Pro up front like I could with a Jones or
    V-Raptor or even the WTB Mutanoraptor I've been running lately. And I stopped using them on the rear
    when knobs started tearing off of them. (These were the good Japanese ones).