Paris-Roubaix picks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kenny, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    1. Johan Museeuw
    2. Dario Pieri
    3. Max Van Heeswijk

    Tags:

  2. "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1. Johan Museeuw
    > 2. Dario Pieri
    > 3. Max Van Heeswijk

    When it comes to Paris-Roubaix, the only sensible thing to do is pick a member of a team managed by
    Lefevere, so I'll take:

    Vandenbroucke Doggy Dogg.

  3. Gaston Rebry

    Gaston Rebry Guest

  4. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    1 Johan Museeuw (Bel) Quick.Step 2 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick.Step 3 Max van Heeswijk (Ned) US Postal
    etc. 4 Peter van Petegem (Bel) Lotto-Domo, because I reckon he should be up there somewhere.

    There will be at least 15 other Quick.Step riders in the top 10.

    I'm not going to bother picking a time for this one :)

    Jeff

  5. Tc Rider

    Tc Rider Guest

    1. Boonen
    2. Musseuw
    3. Mattan

    Boonen wins ala Knaven; he makes an attack to soften up the lead group for Museeuw, but the attack
    sticks. Museeuw feigns happiness for his teammate, but two days after the race, Boonen's car crashes
    and it is discovered his brake lines have been cut. Museeuw is interviewed at his kitchen sink
    (washing purple fluid off his hands) and denies any responsibility...

    Kenny <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1. Johan Museeuw
    > 2. Dario Pieri
    > 3. Max Van Heeswijk

  6. "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > 1 Johan Museeuw (Bel) Quick.Step 2 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick.Step 3 Max van Heeswijk (Ned) US Postal
    > etc. 4 Peter van Petegem (Bel) Lotto-Domo, because I reckon he should be up
    there
    > somewhere.
    >
    > There will be at least 15 other Quick.Step riders in the top 10.
    >
    > I'm not going to bother picking a time for this one :)
    >
    > Jeff

    Candyass Pick - Quick Step / Belgium Sweep (Museeuw, VDB, Boonen) , PvP gets aced out

    -T

  7. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > 1. Johan Museeuw
    > 2. Dario Pieri
    > 3. Max Van Heeswijk

    I'm going against the Quick Step trend and picking PVP. Yes, he'll be outnumbered and doesn't
    typically show as well in Roubaix as at the Ronde, but you have to like an underdog who is also the
    strongest right now. I don't think Museeuw is at his best (PVP used him as a springboard in the
    Ronde) and that will upset the Quick Step plans.

    1. PVP
    2. Servais Knaven
    3. Frederic Guesdon

  8. 1. Museeuw
    2. O'Grady
    3. Boonen

  9. Jeff Jones wrote:
    > There will be at least 15 other Quick.Step riders in the top 10.

    If you squeese this one in you will definitely be voted bookie of the year ;)

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  10. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  11. ZABEL Erik (GER - TEL) 34:1

    Let's see...lunch money, beer money, and rent...yep, think I'll lose those this week.

    -Chris Mitchell

  12. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> 1. Johan Museeuw
    >> 2. Dario Pieri
    >> 3. Max Van Heeswijk
    >

    > When it comes to Paris-Roubaix, the only sensible thing to do is pick a member of a team managed
    > by Lefevere, so I'll take:
    >

    > Vandenbroucke Doggy Dogg.

    That's a courageous pick considering he's only ever ridden it once before and finished 7th. Most
    believe he doesn't weigh enough to succeed on the cobbles of P-R. But then again, 7th is pretty
    impressive. He does ride for Patrick LaFevere's team, Quick Step-Davitamon. With a teammate like
    Museeuw, its got to be easier to succeed.
    - B

  13. Shawn Jelley

    Shawn Jelley Guest

  14. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
    > [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>1. Johan Museeuw
    >>2. Dario Pieri
    >>3. Max Van Heeswijk
    >

    > 1. Jo Planckert (off the front)
    > 2. Stuey O'Grady (wins sprint in break of 7-8 containing 2-3 QuickStep riders, most likely
    > Muesseuw and PVP)

    isn't PVP a Lotto -Domo Rider?

    > 3. VDB's dog (smoked in sprint)

    Now that Dog is clean my cat could smoke him......

    Museeuw Boonan Knaven

    Yep QS 1,2,3 O'Grady and VDB in the bunch

  15. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    Why so many candyARSES?

    O'Grady

    Peter

    "oldphart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
    > > [email protected] (Kenny) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > >

    > >>1. Johan Museeuw
    > >>2. Dario Pieri
    > >>3. Max Van Heeswijk
    > >

    > > 1. Jo Planckert (off the front)
    > > 2. Stuey O'Grady (wins sprint in break of 7-8 containing 2-3 QuickStep riders, most likely
    > > Muesseuw and PVP)
    >
    > isn't PVP a Lotto -Domo Rider?
    >
    > > 3. VDB's dog (smoked in sprint)
    >
    > Now that Dog is clean my cat could smoke him......
    >
    > Museeuw Boonan Knaven
    >

    > Yep QS 1,2,3 O'Grady and VDB in the bunch

  16. Dolfy

    Dolfy Guest

    Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 1. Johan Museeuw
    > 2. Dario Pieri
    > 3. Max Van Heeswijk

    1 Knaven

    2 Van Heeswijk 3 Boonen

    4 Van Petegem 5 Pieri 6 Museeuw

    --
    Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
    Crichton - Farscape)

  17. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > I'm going against the Quick Step trend and picking PVP. Yes, he'll be outnumbered and doesn't
    > typically show as well in Roubaix as at the Ronde, but you have to like an underdog who is also
    > the strongest right now. I don't think Museeuw is at his best (PVP used him as a springboard in
    > the Ronde) and that will upset the Quick Step plans.
    >
    > 1. PVP
    > 2. Servais Knaven
    > 3. Frederic Guesdon

    Museeuw not at his best? You make me laugh. You should have seen Gent-Wevelgem. Everything starts
    with Museeuw, he has the strenght, the experience, the technique and the team. He also declared in
    the papers he's recovered from his sickness and that he's feeling great. I believe PVP should ride
    top10 but i don't believe in winning. Till now he was once second but that's it. He doesn't ecxel on
    the flat paves like Museeuw, Tafi, or Ballerini. Offcourse he's serious challenger (not an
    underdog!), but a step below Museeuw

  18. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    With Hincapie out I have no idea except I'd be nuts to bet against Museeuw.

    Go Johann!!