Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Paladin wrote:

>> He thinks he is god's gift to mountain biking, and he comes off like
>> some kind of tough guy--particularly amusing when you consider the
>> physical limitations being a great hill climber implies--i.e., wimpy
>> and frail body type which allows great hill climbing via high
>> VO2max, and pretty much guarantees he couldn't fight his way out of
>> a wet paper bag. He's kind of like a wimpy AMB version of a WWF
>> Wrestler, where the talk and the act are part of the entertainment
>> people count on. ....Maybe if you look at him in this perspective,
>> he might actually be amusing. Dan V
>>

> LOL! I hope you two get to meet someday.

snip

> paladin

I was thinking that same thing.

Gary

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dan Volker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bob Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>

> > He thinks he is god's gift to mountain biking, and he comes off like

some
> > kind of tough guy--particularly amusing when you consider the physical
> > limitations being a great hill climber implies--i.e., wimpy and frail

body
> > type which allows great hill climbing via high VO2max, and pretty much
> > guarantees he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He's kind

of
> > like a wimpy AMB version of a WWF Wrestler, where the talk and the act

are
> > part of the entertainment people count on. ....Maybe if you look at him

in
> > this perspective, he might actually be amusing.
> >

> > Dan V
> >

> LOL! I hope you two get to meet someday.

I'd almost be willing to pay for the plane ticket, just to see him flounder
at Oleta....almost :)
As to his implied threat to the other guy and intestinal fortitude, I'd
enjoy having the "stick boy" posturing in front of me..Something tells me it
would never happen, even if I did pay for the ticket.

> Danny V says:
>
> >> He thinks he is god's gift to mountain biking, and he comes off like

some
> >> kind of tough guy--particularly amusing when you consider the physical
> >> limitations being a great hill climber implies--i.e., wimpy and frail

body
> >> type

> Spoken like a true muscle-bound oaf.

Oaf ??? As an insult, this is too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Dan V

"Dan Volker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Bob Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Simply put, the Freak puts the sport and expert class racers I ride
> > > with, to shame,

> > I don't doubt you, but the simple truth is the guy speaks out from both
> > sides of his ass.
> >
> > In other words he is a hypocrite
> >

> Hypocrite is one of the nicer things you could call JD....I'd be more ******
> about the way he tries to sabotage new riders by giving them **** advice for
> a new rider---telling them how they should not practice this or that, that
> they should "just ride" type stuff, and that they should not waste money on
> suspension bikes, and on and on. His advice may be fine for someone already
> possessing good skills, but his attempts at elitism are bad for the NG. As
> mountain bikers, as a group, we are supposed to try and help new riders get
> into the sport--not totally ruin their chances with advice that could only
> hurt their enjoyment of the sport....With his contributions, he sounds and
> acts more like the worst kind of roadie, complete with his little ass
> kissing clique as well.
>
> He thinks he is god's gift to mountain biking, and he comes off like some
> kind of tough guy--particularly amusing when you consider the physical
> limitations being a great hill climber implies--i.e., wimpy and frail body
> type which allows great hill climbing via high VO2max, and pretty much
> guarantees he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He's kind of
> like a wimpy AMB version of a WWF Wrestler, where the talk and the act are
> part of the entertainment people count on. ....Maybe if you look at him in
> this perspective, he might actually be amusing.

You're highly amusing, Vo2lker. Now the only leg-humper needed to
make this thread complete would be Benjamin Spanklin aka duhski. Keep
the hits coming!

JD

> You're highly amusing, Vo2lker. Now the only leg-humper needed to
> make this thread complete would be Benjamin Spanklin aka duhski. Keep
> the hits coming!
>
> JD

Told ya to knock that off. Didn't our dog satisfy you enough?

Danny V says:

>Oaf ??? As an insult, this is too funny.

Not an insult as such - the words "muscle-bound" and "oaf" just naturally go
together.

>Thanks for the laugh

Any time - we like to return favours.

Steve

"TBF::." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > You're highly amusing, Vo2lker. Now the only leg-humper needed to
> > make this thread complete would be Benjamin Spanklin aka duhski. Keep
> > the hits coming!
> >
> > JD

> Told ya to knock that off. Didn't our dog satisfy you enough?

It about whether or not you are satisfied now, so keep pumping away
with your little lipstick out.

JD

"TBF::." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > TBF::. wrote:
> >
> >> LMAO oh yeah, your sooo funny, wow the brainiac

> > It's YOU'RE, braini-acckkkkkk.
> >
> > (If only once or twice, free pass. Your yours when s/b you'res are
> > plentiful and consistent.)
> >
> > Your "babe" is an attorney??? Must make you the Mimbo...
> >
> > --
> > BS (no, really)
> >

> Oh BS if I thought you had an A game I might be a little more interested.

Again, why would anyone need an A game for an obvious F?

> Run along boy, ya bother me, LOL.

Now this is funny. If anyone else called you "boy", you would be
screaming "racist". Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner, you racist
pig.

JD

> "TBF::." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> > You're highly amusing, Vo2lker. Now the only leg-humper needed to
>> > make this thread complete would be Benjamin Spanklin aka duhski. Keep
>> > the hits coming!
>> >
>> > JD

>> Told ya to knock that off. Didn't our dog satisfy you enough?

> It about whether or not you are satisfied now, so keep pumping away
> with your little lipstick out.
>
> JD

Geez, it's not even fun winding you up anymore. I realize now your pretty
much a nobody, nothing, nada. Biking is the only thing that does it for ya,
that's why you try so hard on here. Kinda sad, and I know the dog will miss
ya ;-)

> "TBF::." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > It's YOU'RE, braini-acckkkkkk.
>> >
>> > (If only once or twice, free pass. Your yours when s/b you'res are
>> > plentiful and consistent.)
>> >
>> > Your "babe" is an attorney??? Must make you the Mimbo...
>> >
>> > --
>> > BS (no, really)
>> >

>> Oh BS if I thought you had an A game I might be a little more interested.

> Again, why would anyone need an A game for an obvious F?
>
>> Run along boy, ya bother me, LOL.

> Now this is funny. If anyone else called you "boy", you would be
> screaming "racist". Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner, you racist
> pig.
>
> JD

LOL, thanks, I needed a laugh.