Please Sign the Team Astana Petition

aquatrain

Feb 10, 2008
Hi everybody. I'm new here and am writing in the hope that y'all can help support a good cause. I am a really close friend of RideGirl over at the Daily Peleton Forums and she suggested that I post here and ask you all to sign the petition supporting Team Astana's entry into the Giro and the Tour. Johann and the boys need your help. You can find the petition here:

http://www.thepaceline.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=27236&mpage=1&key=&#27406

Wow that ridegirl chick must be popular... ;)

What's wrong with TheBlueTrain? It's not as if aqua isn't blue. It makes it even easier to transfer allegiance... :D

Yes Frigo, it looks like a good cause. I'm right behind Aqua here. Do you know if Astana will have a good team for Het Volk??

This petition is heartfelt and sincere. It is a product of deep faith that obstacles can be overcome, unburdened by the cynicism that has infected so many who follow cycling, including (let's face it) me.

I notice that the target of the petition is... the UCI.
In the name of all that is pointless, why?

aquatrain said:
Hi everybody. I'm new here and am writing in the hope that y'all can help support a good cause. I am a really close friend of RideGirl over at the Daily Peleton Forums and she suggested that I post here and ask you all to sign the petition supporting Team Astana's entry into the Giro and the Tour. Johann and the boys need your help. You can find the petition here:

Be sure to write a choice comment.

this can't be for real... do the pacelinettes actually think that RCS will pay attention to a petition from the US... oh just read that the petition is targeting the UCI, even better, they have no clue.

ha ha ha ha

earth_dweller said:
this can't be for real... do the pacelinettes actually think that RCS will pay attention to a petition from the US... oh just read that the petition is targeting the UCI, even better, they have no clue.

ha ha ha ha
And the member who has designed the petition is Jeff Vader. What's Jeff Vader mean?... :rolleyes:

A petition on a site from a team full of dopeds for an other doped teams! :confused:

I will not sign because they have just replaced dopers by other dopers!

poulidor said:
A petition on a site from a team full of dopeds for an other doped teams! :confused:

I will not sign because they have just replaced dopers by other dopers!
Geez poulidor! You're so serious all the time. Don't spoil the fun.

Let me also lend my support. And let me encourage the originators to copy the petition to RCS, but to do so exclusively in English, as this will help ensure that the Giro organizers are more comfortable (English is their working language at the Giro).

Also, have Lance Armstrong co-sign the petition - that will be sure to get the RCS folks all fired up (thinking of the good ole days and all those epic Lance breakaways in the Alps and Dolomites). They will then immediately change their minds and admit Astana.

aquatrain said:

If you print out that petition, place one page down, and then the top of each successive page halfway down the previous page, then roll it up real real tight and shove hard enough, I'll bet you could get the first page to come out of your mouth.

Why have the Disco supporters moved en mass to supporting Astana? They hate Slipstream and High Road over there.

It seem strange to me that they would base what team they support on Bruyneel instead of the team's riders.

Bro Deal said:
Why have the Disco supporters moved en mass to supporting Astana? They hate Slipstream and High Road over there.

It seem strange to me that they would base what team they support on Bruyneel instead of the team's riders.
not strange

Bruyneel is a conduit for Armstrong, a defacto if you will.

They were never in it for the cycling, they were taken by Armstrong.

Bro Deal said:

That also baffles me. But wasn't The Paceline sponsored by Trek? It's understandable for Trek to want to keep up a fan base following their bikes. But the ex-Disco fans' love of a Kazak team, that Lance has nothing to do with, is bizarre. And no one gave a damn about Levi when Lance was racing. But none of that is as bizarre as people hating Slipstream. Must be the argyle.

kennf said:
That also baffles me. But wasn't The Paceline is sponsored by Trek? It's understandable for Trek to want to keep up a fan base following their bikes. But the ex-Disco fans' love of a Kazak team, that Lance has nothing to do with, is bizarre. And no one gave a damn about Levi when Lance was racing. But none of that is as bizarre as people hating Slipstream. Must be the argyle.
And the irony is that in their support of Bruyneel and hate of Slipstream, they come across as supporters of doping.