Polar cs100 Can't Display Cadence

sathomasga

Jul 29, 2003
Just a quick heads-up to anyone thinking about getting the new Polar cs100 computer and adding a cadence sensor later. If you look at the specifications on the Polar web site, you might note that the cadence sensor is supported as an option. That is true; however, there is no way to display the real-time cadence on the cs100 during your ride. After the ride is over you can review the data and see the average cadence. But while you're actually riding, zip, nada, and zilch. For real-time cadence you have to spend the bucks for the cs200.

Stephen

sathomasga said:
Just a quick heads-up to anyone thinking about getting the new Polar cs100 computer and adding a cadence sensor later. If you look at the specifications on the Polar web site, you might note that the cadence sensor is supported as an option. That is true; however, there is no way to display the real-time cadence on the cs100 during your ride. After the ride is over you can review the data and see the average cadence. But while you're actually riding, zip, nada, and zilch. For real-time cadence you have to spend the bucks for the cs200.

Stephen

your retarded man.. it does display cadence. bottom right hand side of the display. i been using it for months.along with the cs200. they both have the same cadence display.

impakt said:
your retarded man.. it does display cadence. bottom right hand side of the display. i been using it for months.along with the cs200. they both have the same cadence display.

It amazes me sometimes how obnoxious people can be when they're hiding behind a computer screen. Perhaps you got an early release system, but not all cs100s work that way. For proof, check out the owner's manuals of the two devices. You can find them on the Web at

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/manuals/cs100 users manual.htm

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/manuals/cs200 users manual.htm

Look at page 18 of the cs100 and page 20 of the cs200 manuals. Notice that there is no cadence on the cs100.

sathomasga said:
It amazes me sometimes how obnoxious people can be when they're hiding behind a computer screen. Perhaps you got an early release system, but not all cs100s work that way. For proof, check out the owner's manuals of the two devices. You can find them on the Web at

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/manuals/cs100%20users%20manual.htm

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/local/manuals/cs200%20users%20manual.htm

Look at page 18 of the cs100 and page 20 of the cs200 manuals. Notice that there is no cadence on the cs100.

the manual leaves it out because it comes as an option. because not everybody will see that screen.. they all work that way. cadence will be displayed no matter what on the bottom right hand side. no matter what "release system" :rolleyes: it is. version, 7,8,9,10. all of them.. trust me.

ps: ill be obnoxious in person before on here.

I would beleive that some have it and some don't.

My S720i had cummulative altitude and the new ones don't. Polar's response was that some US models shipped with it but new ones no longer have it !

Gerr said:
I would beleive that some have it and some don't.

My S720i had cummulative altitude and the new ones don't. Polar's response was that some US models shipped with it but new ones no longer have it !
not true. They ALL are the same.

The s720i does not have ascent. When the s720i came to the united states a US patent was held not allowing this feature in the US. It was released here without the feature. A VERY small number (under 100) were shipped (by accident) and not recalled. this is why you had it.

impakt said:
not true. They ALL are the same.

The s720i does not have ascent. When the s720i came to the united states a US patent was held not allowing this feature in the US. It was released here without the feature. A VERY small number (under 100) were shipped (by accident) and not recalled. this is why you had it.
My 720 does have it - I guess the 720s shipped to Australia are different to those shipped to the US due the patent issue. Very handy feature IMHO.

Balderick said:
My 720 does have it - I guess the 720s shipped to Australia are different to those shipped to the US due the patent issue. Very handy feature IMHO.
all outside the US have it. and i agree, i love the ascent feature

We might be living in the land of the free but damn we are missing in a whole lot of good stuff that is being used abroad. Blame big brother and it's illusion of the enemy taking over the land.:mad:

baldwin2002 said:
We might be living in the land of the free but damn we are missing in a whole lot of good stuff that is being used abroad. Blame big brother and it's illusion of the enemy taking over the land.:mad:
amen brother

Originally Posted by sathomasga .

Stephen
Okay all you need to do is go into setting then bike settings select bike 1 or 2 then press ok till you see cadence press set and it will turn it on. Then when you go onto the main screen the cadence will be shown in the bottom right hand corner. The ******** 'impakt' clearly didnt know what he was talking about.

Will