Polar customer service Australia

Duckwah

Oct 30, 2002
Ok LAST YEAR i sent an email to Polar's distributor in Australia looking for a list of retailers in my area.

In the name of customer service i was sent this today, can you guess the response!!!

Dear prospective Polar Purchaser,

During the last year or so, you requested information concerning the location of your nearest dealer of POLAR HEART RATE MONITORS and particulars of a specific model.

Pursuit Performance is the sole AUSTRALIAN distributor of Polar HRM's and we are contacting you to ensure that your requests were answered immediately, and to your satisfaction.

Your feedback is important to us.

We would also like to ask you for any other comments on our products ..good or bad.

Please send your responses to [email protected] which can be done by hitting reply.

All respondents will be eligible for a significant discount on any product in the POLAR HRM range.

We will forward to every respondant a list of our product range with a special price, valid for 30 days.

Thank you for your support of Polar Heart Rate Monitors.

Mike Nunan
Principal
Pursuit Performance Pty Ltd
308 Carrington St
Adelaide SA 5000
[email protected]
www.pursuit-performance.com.au
ph 08 82232077
fx 08 82233855

By the time you get the response from these people your "special discount" will be invalid by about 3 months........just goes to show just how "important your business is" to them:mad:

Yeah I got one too (I seem to recall filling in that thing to find your nearest Polar retailer but can't remember whether or not I got anything back.) I think they just emailed everyone who requested info in the past year or something.

Hopefully that special price list is going to extend to accessories, as I need another speed sensor. ;)

Strangely enough the Polar after sales service is top notch..

I've emailed them a few times, but I have never received a response, the truth is this hasn't really bothered me.

I do agree that after sales service is pretty good!

cheers!

I've emailed them about a service issue (cracked red button) and got a phone call the next morning in response.. :confused: They even gave me a free battery replacement.

How'd you crack the button? I can't see that happening with normal use :D

cheers

i had the cracked button (one of the little black side buttons) and i'm stuffed if i can figure out how it happened! i put the HRM into my bag for work and it came out broken

Anyway they have sent me the price list and its not too bad actually, I can get the S710 for $519 which is getting close to buying one on Ebay with the bonus of polars excellent after sales support from Aus

i think its sealed my decision to ditch the S610 and get the 710

now anyone want a lightly used S610?

hahahah
I just got one of those emails. I requested the info about a year and a half ago.

I too have had problems with cracked buttons on my 510. After using it about twice i was putting it on my bike and realised a crack down the middle of the red button. About a year later i got a crack on the light button. Both times i sent it back they fixed it on warranty. So they were good in that respect. I think they should make them sturdier cos both times i hadn't dropped them or hit it on anything.
At the moment im getting problems with the red button jamming down. Although i think it may be my sweat seeping into the edges then crytalising causing the jam. It i hold it under the tap and depress the red button a couple of times it eases up and i get a workout with a couple of laps every 0.2 secs:)

Jonny

i requested info last October and got a reply 3 days later..one of the lucky ones i guess!

I emailed the link to this thread to my friend who works at Pursuit in Adelaide...think maybe they need to do something about their customer service.....

Hey Rek, how much would you sell your S610 for????