Racing photos?

Several more from this year...the guy in the blue jersey just out of the first photo and next to me in the third photo won this race. 3rd place pour moi...Sidney Grand Prix Cat. 3/4 45min crit...

Got a few to add from this year with 'new' old team, Central Vancouver Cycling. Originally joined them in the fall of '06, left for a couple years and rode for LaBiciclettaProshop.com, and came back this year. Like going back to an ex-girlfriend...:D

The shot with three is us is the podium placers from the Thursday crit series in Richmond, BC. Iain Knapton, first place, in the center; Ron Lu, third place on the left; and yours truly, second place, on the right.

Here's a picture of me, center, losing my very first race in a bunch sprint. I hadn't expected to be in contention at all, but I was lucky enough not to fall down or get a flat (this was a Roubaix).

27030_1295721202988_1529070024_30900025_1770342_n.jpg

Originally Posted by blazingpedals .

I'm in the yellow helmet.

Cool - that looks like awesome fun...

... and it answers a life long question of "Where do old Mavic Comete disks go to die?" I haven't seen that style since LeMond won the Tour on one in 89.

Originally Posted by Aussie_Al .

Nice what kind of speeds can you get on those?
We were doing about 23-24 mph in the photo - pretty much the limit of the tires. I think we were doing 27-30 mph on the straighter sections in this race. We also had a sprint event, where I had a laser-timed 39 mph (only good for 3rd place.)

Thats great - looks like a lot of fun too

What kind of price would I expect to pay for a quality 2nd hand one?

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo Tony, in that first photo you're making like Usain Bolt - you're leading the pack by so much you can sit up and smile at the camera before you even hit the finish line.
LOL! I know I could take offense to that comment, but I won't/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif .

That is a great shot though. I love it without explanation. In front, sitting up, looking at the camera with a big smile. Awesome photo that made me smile as well.

Originally Posted by blazingpedals .

Lowracers like the one I'm riding in that pic... probably $1200 on up, depending on age and condition.
hmmm, not bad at all - thanks

Originally Posted by Felt_Rider .

That is a great shot though. I love it without explanation. In front, sitting up, looking at the camera with a big smile. Awesome photo that made me smile as well.

Yeah, Felt, that pic was early in the race and its one of my favorites. Pack was basically cruisin' at the time. Can't recall who was snappin' the photo, but I'm sure it was someone I knew...my clubmates tell me and I can attest that I've got a good 'poker face' that never really shows emotion nor the strain that I'm actually feeling at any given moment during a race...

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Giving it some grief at some God forsaken early hour... Steel is real /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

TimeTrialMule.jpg

Noone actually said specifically what type of racing... So here's one of me cruising to the San Francisco Region SCCA Solo2 ST2 class championship. It's also the reason why I got fat.

SFRAutocross.jpg

Not exactly a racing photo but...

See no evil, speak no evil, feel no evil. Savoring a bite to eat at 8,700ft up Ebbetts pass after 12,000ft of climbing.
MS-Ebbetts1-Reststop.jpg
I found it! I recalled 'his highness' possibly riding a bike at some point since I've been a member of this forum...LOL! If I looked like this, I'd hide from the camera too! LOL!
The anonomous little person had to take a break by sitting on his throne to give his gut some rest...thanks for the many laughs, your highness...

As you'll notice in this thread, the little person hadn't started pickin' at me yet. As such, I hadn't a reason to constantly put my boot to 'em...but times have since changed, and he keeps coming back for my boot - from thread to thread following me around...

Got any recent photos of you ON your bike, your highness? Please put 'em up...please...

My my... someone is all wound up nice and tight. Just let me turn that key just a little bit more....

Tom's Place, half way up Mosquito Flat - Everest Challange, Day 1 2010

I'm the guy in the white showing you my ass - which is all you'll ever see on the hills, if you actually rode your bike in the hills that is. Life really is good at 7,000ft, even if you have another 3,200ft to climb to the top of Mosquito Flat (10250') - 22 miles long, ave. grade 5%, max. grade 12%, total elevation gain 5825'

Not sure why they called in Mosquito Flat as it aint flat and there was no mosquitos... but I did bite my self in the butt for going to hard up the first hill.

Just starting the hell that was Pine Creek. Again me in white saying "cheers Tony, you miserable ****"

Pine Creek (7425') 8 miles, 7% ave. grade, 11% max. grade, total elevation gain 3000'

Maybe my kid should take landscape shots - awesome mountains in the background.

If you spend enough time stalking around the board you'll find me wearing the same top and riding the same bike on the Death Ride taken several months earlier too. ;)

The wife and kid decided to leave and do something more interesting that sitting around for an hour or so waiting for me to come back down the hill... so sorry, Tony, I know it'll break your little heart, but no more piccy wiccies for you.

I don't have any road race pictures but here is one from the Iceman Cometh.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

My my... someone is all wound up nice and tight. Just let me turn that key just a little bit more....

Just starting the hell that was Pine Creek. Again me in white saying "cheers Tony, you miserable ****"

Pine Creek (7425') 8 miles, 7% ave. grade, 11% max. grade, total elevation gain 3000'

Maybe my kid should take landscape shots - awesome mountains in the background.

If you spend enough time stalking around the board you'll find me wearing the same top and riding the same bike on the Death Ride taken several months earlier too. ;)

The wife and kid decided to leave and do something more interesting that sitting around for an hour or so waiting for me to come back down the hill... so sorry, Tony, I know it'll break your little heart, but no more piccy wiccies for you.
LOL! When I compel you to jump, all that needs to come from your mouth is, "How high?" Save the rest of the drivel for someone who might believe it...

I'm impressed at your ability to ride in the alps - NOT! When you can't go fast, go up...I'm sure I can outclimb you - maybe not for hours, but that's boring anyway. Not enough slow-twitch muscle here...I know you got more than your fair share evidenced by your inability to crack 1000w max - can I borrow some of yours??/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oh, by the way - these are RACE photos as the thread states, right?...jus' checkin', as I can't quite see that race number - probably obscured by your gut, right? And what year are these photos - several years ago maybe? You're so fun to play with - please come again...LOL!

So Tony, why did you feel the need to search through years of the photo thread to dig up my pics? Getting a little obsessed are we or just ticked off a little that you can never put together a constructive answer to any comments I make in other threads other than " $#@#$ pics, (%(%*$*#@$#, number, ISSMDMAWU, gut"

My race number is where the organiser wanted it.

Yes, even at 168lbs I still had a fair gut...

Out climbing me? Sorry Tony, I don't count a driveway as a hill.

LOL! Just a "How high?" is all that's necessary.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

You can run, but you can't hide anonomous little person...and never forget - you started this, I'm simply finishing it...

Past Saturday Delta 3/4 crit. 5th out 36 starters. Mediocre result. Went according to plan (stayed in front 8 or so), but burnt a few matches later on that hurt my finale sprint. Also learned a good lesson about proper recovery (or lack thereof)...