Re: Cycling Computers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by ben johnson, May 10, 2004.

  1. ben johnson

    ben johnson Guest

    I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time.
    use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just
    speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need t
    reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and tha
    safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so fa
    eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 an
    300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 70
    - 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful
    Cheers, Be

    -

    Tags:

  2. Neil Hardman

    Neil Hardman Guest

    Checkout www.cateye.com as they have all the manuals for the computers
    available for download as PDF files.

    Neil

    "ben johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time. I
    > use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just a
    > speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need to
    > reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and that
    > safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so far
    > eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 and
    > 300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 700
    > - 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!
    > Cheers, Ben
    >

    > --

  3. Neil Hardman

    Neil Hardman Guest

    I think 210 might be your number.

    Neil

  4. Simon D

    Simon D Guest

    "ben johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time. I
    > use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just a
    > speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need to
    > reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and that
    > safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so far
    > eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 and
    > 300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 700
    > - 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!
    > Cheers, Ben

    CatEye computers always used to ask for the *circumference*. If you're using
    tyres which are *actually* 700x23, then this will be 210cm (pi x diameter =
    pi[62.2+[2x2.3]]). Tyre sizes are often pretty nominal, though - I'd measure
    them, which is very simple - just roll the bike along a tape measure laid
    out on the ground, measuring one wheel revolution from valve to valve, if
    you see what I mean.

    ---

  5. IanS

    IanS Guest