Re: Cycling Computers

ben johnson

Guest
I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time.
use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just
speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need t
reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and tha
safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so fa
eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 an
300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 70
- 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful
Cheers, Be

-

Checkout www.cateye.com as they have all the manuals for the computers
available for download as PDF files.

Neil

"ben johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time. I
> use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just a
> speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need to
> reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and that
> safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so far
> eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 and
> 300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 700
> - 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!
> Cheers, Ben
>

> --

"ben johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have recently bought a road bike having ridden mtb's for some time. I
> use a really basic cateye computer, a MITY 300, which is really just a
> speedo but for the moment it's all I need. The problem is I need to
> reset it to match the diametre of the wheels of the new bike and that
> safe storage space for the book of words that came with it has so far
> eluded me. The thing works by entering a code number between 100 and
> 300 which then corresponds to the wheel size. The new bike runs on 700
> - 23 (23 - 622) tyres, if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!
> Cheers, Ben

CatEye computers always used to ask for the *circumference*. If you're using
tyres which are *actually* 700x23, then this will be 210cm (pi x diameter =
pi[62.2+[2x2.3]]). Tyre sizes are often pretty nominal, though - I'd measure
them, which is very simple - just roll the bike along a tape measure laid
out on the ground, measuring one wheel revolution from valve to valve, if
you see what I mean.

---

Ben,
The manuals are online: