Re: I'm off the mark

John

Guest
Hi, is that Km or Miles. I always have my computers on Km. LOL, Happy New
Year!

John :.)

news:[email protected]...

[email protected] wrote:
> Mine was just over 5300 miles - also my highest.
> --
> Simon M.

I have set my target for 2005 at 6000, should be doable if I manage to
keep this job or get another where I can ride to work. In addition,
inspired by you, I hope to ride 200miles in a single 24 hour period and
ride from dawn til dusk on the longest day or a weekend close to it or
on my 40th birthday, in 2005.

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I have set my target for 2005 at 6000, should be doable if I manage to
> keep this job or get another where I can ride to work. In addition,
> inspired by you, I hope to ride 200miles in a single 24 hour period and
> ride from dawn til dusk on the longest day or a weekend close to it or on
> my 40th birthday, in 2005.

I might crack 6000 this year, as it appears I won't be working as many night
shifts this year (where I use the car). When I did my double century I set
off at 2300 and rode through the night which helped as I got the worst of it
out the way early on and had 65 miles under my wheels at 0400 with a whole
day to play with.

When I tried to cycle from Bristol - Hull I hit the night after150 miles
with wind and rain closing in and it finished me off. Mind you looking back
I had the wrong clothes and bike at the time.
--Simon M.

MSeries wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Mine was just over 5300 miles - also my highest. --
>> Simon M.
>>

> I have set my target for 2005 at 6000, should be doable if I manage to
> keep this job or get another where I can ride to work. In addition,
> inspired by you, I hope to ride 200miles in a single 24 hour period and
> ride from dawn til dusk on the longest day or a weekend close to it or
> on my 40th birthday, in 2005.

I did approx 4400 miles in 2004. My target was 5000 so I didn't
quite meet it. I'm going to set it at 7500 for 2005 (done 6.94
thus far). In 2003 I did approx 2750 so it's about right for
exponential growth.

I might quit my current job (5.35 miles) and get one further
away (8.1 miles) which will help. :)

Simon