General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Update on Delenn (Endurance Weenie Warning)

Started by The Queen of Cans and Jars · · Last activity · 12 posts · 327 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 May 2005
Last activity
4 May 2005
Original author
The Queen of Cans and Jars
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
327
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Delenn said:

    I'm back, and now I'm a triathlete.

    I'm sorry.

    Not that you're back, that you're a triathlete.

    Other than that, glad to hear you're doing well.

  2. Delenn said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Delenn said:

    I'm back, and now I'm a triathlete.

    I'm sorry.

    Not that you're back, that you're a triathlete.

    Awww, Queenie, it got me on a street bike. That's good, right?

    *cough*roadbike*cough*

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Other than that, glad to hear you're doing well.

    Thanks. How 'bout you? You had a rotten 2004 as I recall; is 2005
    shaping up better?

    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

  3. "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote

    Quoted message said:


    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    Were you planning on getting a fourth leg for the cat?

  4. Lee Michaels said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    Were you planning on getting a fourth leg for the cat?

    As I recall, it was expensive enough outfitting it with three.

    And a tail, too.

    Delenn

  5. The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Delenn said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:

    Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >I'm back, and now I'm a triathlete.

    I'm sorry.

    Not that you're back, that you're a triathlete.

    Awww, Queenie, it got me on a street bike. That's good, right?

    *cough*roadbike*cough*

    Just practicing pointy sticks of my own. I've picked up requisite
    vocabulary, partly thanks to you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Other than that, glad to hear you're doing well.

    Thanks. How 'bout you? You had a rotten 2004 as I recall; is 2005
    shaping up better?

    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    How's your training? Did you ever buy that town bike? I had a great
    time on Key West with a rental town bike tooling around the island. It
    undid half the winter's training, though, to sit upright like the Wicked
    Witch about to be flattened by a house. And all my careful training to
    unclip at stop signs was undone by having to use pedal brakes to stop!
    But the great big wire basket was handy for beach trips, and the big fat
    tires were handy for cranking along on sand at 6 mph. :-) I'm not sure
    if I want a my own town bike or my own private island... whichever it
    was, it was fun.

    Delenn

  6. On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:42:59 -0400, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote
    in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Delenn said:

    The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:

    >Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>I'm back, and now I'm a triathlete.
    >
    >
    >I'm sorry.
    >
    >Not that you're back, that you're a triathlete.

    Awww, Queenie, it got me on a street bike. That's good, right?

    *cough*roadbike*cough*

    Just practicing pointy sticks of my own. I've picked up requisite
    vocabulary, partly thanks to you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Other than that, glad to hear you're doing well.

    Thanks. How 'bout you? You had a rotten 2004 as I recall; is 2005
    shaping up better?

    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    How's your training? Did you ever buy that town bike? I had a great
    time on Key West with a rental town bike tooling around the island. It
    undid half the winter's training, though, to sit upright like the Wicked
    Witch about to be flattened by a house. And all my careful training to
    unclip at stop signs was undone by having to use pedal brakes to stop!
    But the great big wire basket was handy for beach trips, and the big fat
    tires were handy for cranking along on sand at 6 mph. :-) I'm not sure
    if I want a my own town bike or my own private island... whichever it
    was, it was fun.


    When were you in Key West? And what were you doing on a bike? You
    can't do the Duval Crawl on a bike.

  7. John Hanson said:

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:42:59 -0400, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote
    in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    I had a great
    time on Key West with a rental town bike tooling around the island. It
    undid half the winter's training, though, to sit upright like the Wicked
    Witch about to be flattened by a house. And all my careful training to
    unclip at stop signs was undone by having to use pedal brakes to stop!
    But the great big wire basket was handy for beach trips, and the big fat
    tires were handy for cranking along on sand at 6 mph. :-) I'm not sure
    if I want a my own town bike or my own private island... whichever it
    was, it was fun.

    When were you in Key West? And what were you doing on a bike? You
    can't do the Duval Crawl on a bike.

    I went there after tax season ended. Just me and my hubby in a B&B at
    the southern end of Duval. We did the Duval Crawl each night, had a
    grand time, drank a lot of rum and tequila, ate at fabulous restaurants,
    heard great music, found a great place to watch the sunset (top of La
    Concha Hotel) and spent the days cycling around the island utnil we
    landed on a beach. Beaches, bars & bed. It worked for me.

    Besides the cycling, I got in some open water swimming and we went
    running most mornings. I came home with a weight loss. Hard to believe
    when I add up the alcohol calories.

    Delenn

  8. On Tue, 03 May 2005 22:34:11 -0400, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote
    in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:42:59 -0400, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote
    in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    I had a great
    time on Key West with a rental town bike tooling around the island. It
    undid half the winter's training, though, to sit upright like the Wicked
    Witch about to be flattened by a house. And all my careful training to
    unclip at stop signs was undone by having to use pedal brakes to stop!
    But the great big wire basket was handy for beach trips, and the big fat
    tires were handy for cranking along on sand at 6 mph. :-) I'm not sure
    if I want a my own town bike or my own private island... whichever it
    was, it was fun.

    When were you in Key West? And what were you doing on a bike? You
    can't do the Duval Crawl on a bike.

    I went there after tax season ended. Just me and my hubby in a B&B at
    the southern end of Duval. We did the Duval Crawl each night, had a
    grand time, drank a lot of rum and tequila, ate at fabulous restaurants,
    heard great music, found a great place to watch the sunset (top of La
    Concha Hotel) and spent the days cycling around the island utnil we
    landed on a beach. Beaches, bars & bed. It worked for me.

    I was there April 2-4.

    Quoted message said:


    Besides the cycling, I got in some open water swimming and we went
    running most mornings. I came home with a weight loss. Hard to believe
    when I add up the alcohol calories.


    I went snorkeling Sunday and Monday. I was in Titusville the Thursday
    before that where I played golf, went boating on Friday and then to a
    7 Mary 3 concert in Melbourne Friday night. Got up early Saturday and
    headed down to Key West. Did the Duval Crawl both nights and came
    back late Monday. Played golf Tuesday and then hopped a flight home.

  9. Lee Michaels said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote

    Quoted message said:


    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    Were you planning on getting a fourth leg for the cat?

    So he can run out into the street and get runned over by another car? I
    think not. He can stay inside on the bed where he belongs.

  10. (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:
    Lee Michaels said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote

    Quoted message said:


    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    Were you planning on getting a fourth leg for the cat?

    So he can run out into the street and get runned over by another car? I
    think not. He can stay inside on the bed where he belongs.

    I sure hope he gets up to use the litter box.
    --

    JMW
    http://www.rustyiron.net

  11. JMW said:
    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:
    Lee Michaels said:

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote
    >
    > I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    > Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    > the most part.

    Were you planning on getting a fourth leg for the cat?

    So he can run out into the street and get runned over by another car? I
    think not. He can stay inside on the bed where he belongs.

    I sure hope he gets up to use the litter box.

    Ayuh, he does. He's quite fastidious that way.

    He's actually very active for an ancient three-legger. And I do still
    let him go outside, but he doesn't go nearly as often or for nearly as
    long. He seems pretty content to sleep on the bed, survey the backyard
    from a window, and get up to play with fish-on-a-stick when he gets
    bored with that.

  12. Delenn said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Delenn said:

    The Queen of Cans and Jars wrote:
    >Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >>I'm back, and now I'm a triathlete.
    >
    >
    >I'm sorry.
    >
    >Not that you're back, that you're a triathlete.

    Awww, Queenie, it got me on a street bike. That's good, right?

    *cough*roadbike*cough*

    Just practicing pointy sticks of my own. I've picked up requisite
    vocabulary, partly thanks to you.

    Good deal.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Other than that, glad to hear you're doing well.

    Thanks. How 'bout you? You had a rotten 2004 as I recall; is 2005
    shaping up better?

    I'm ok. I took super-easy classes this semester, so school's cake.
    Work's work. Cat still only has three legs. So, situation normal for
    the most part.

    How's your training? Did you ever buy that town bike? I had a great
    time on Key West with a rental town bike tooling around the island. It
    undid half the winter's training, though, to sit upright like the Wicked
    Witch about to be flattened by a house. And all my careful training to
    unclip at stop signs was undone by having to use pedal brakes to stop!
    But the great big wire basket was handy for beach trips, and the big fat
    tires were handy for cranking along on sand at 6 mph. :-) I'm not sure
    if I want a my own town bike or my own private island... whichever it
    was, it was fun.

    Training? What's that?

    Seriously, I have been dealing with some health-related difficulties but
    they are on the way to being under control, and part of doing that is
    getting back to lifting very regularly and not being a flake about it,
    like, ever. I've had a few weeks now of being a slug but I am getting
    back on track even as we speak, and I'm going to take a weight training
    class next semester so we shall see what happens with that.

    I have not gotten any new bikes, but I'm still hoping to work a deal
    with my barista-chick friend before she leaves town, which I think is
    next month.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.