Reynold's Attack or Campy Euros?

mseanschmidt

Aug 24, 2006
I'm trying to decide on a wheelset for my NEW Seven Axiom. I've narrowed it down to the Attacks & Euros. My goal is to create an extremely supple ride and while I'd like some degree of performance for climbing I'm not concerned about handling through tight turns ect. I've never ridden carbon wheels but hear they create a "riding on carpet" feel that is unique. If that description is TRUE it is probably what I'm looking for in a wheel! While the aluminium Euros or even the Neutrons are supposed to be the most comfortable wheels albeit alloy. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated either on these wheelsets or carbon versus a top of the line alloy.

mseanschmidt said:
I'm trying to decide on a wheelset for my NEW Seven Axiom. I've narrowed it down to the Attacks & Euros. My goal is to create an extremely supple ride and while I'd like some degree of performance for climbing I'm not concerned about handling through tight turns ect. I've never ridden carbon wheels but hear they create a "riding on carpet" feel that is unique. If that description is TRUE it is probably what I'm looking for in a wheel! While the aluminium Euros or even the Neutrons are supposed to be the most comfortable wheels albeit alloy. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated either on these wheelsets or carbon versus a top of the line alloy.

No personal experience on either but the Attacks were reviewed on www.cyclingnews.com recently. Seem quite nice...

mseanschmidt said:

No experience with the Reynolds, but I've been VERY happy with my Eurus '05. Still dead true after many miles, and I've never touched them with a spoke spanner. Hubs still spin smoothly too - just add a little oil in the lube hole every 6 months or so.

I've just done 400km on the Attacks. Love them. Awesome wheelset!

mseanschmidt said:

if you want a supple ride go for either the older eurus wheel with steel spokes or get some handbuilts made up with a box section rim and DB spokes. the new eurus use aluminium spokes resulting in a harsher ride than the steel spoked version.

or you could just go hyperon if you really want carbon :rolleyes: