Road Bike Buying Advice

PhilA

Nov 25, 2012
About a month ago I decided to use a cheap hybrid bike with thick wheels and go on a cycle ride. Since that day I've been absolutely hooked using the same bike. I've been averaging around 150 miles a week and my rides are becoming longer and longer. Just recently completed 70 miles which I was fairly proud off. Especially doing it on the cheap hybrid which weighs a "ton". The problem is the bike is firstly too small (I am 183cm) for me really and that amount of biking I'm doing can't me good for my back with a bike too small. Also its impossible to keep the speed up. Thirdly I joined a Cycling group where everyone has road bike. I wasted alot of energy just trying to keep up with them. My budget is around £200-£300. Now I've heard this time and time again that for that amount of money I'm going to a get a "Pile of ****" according to some people. I need a road bike now and my budget is fixed. I'd appreciate if anyone could link me to a bike for my price range that would last me a good couple of months and is good quality for the price. Thanks in advance

you can check out the used market, like ebay for example, you need to rethink your philosophy, you don't shop for a bike that will last a couple of months, you are wasting your money if you do that,