" Royal Mail swaps bikes for guns"

Call me Bob

Guest
Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm

Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
Manchester and Nottingham?

--

Call me "Bob"

"More oneness, less categories,
Open hearts, no strategies"

Call me Bob wrote:

> Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
> guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm
>
> Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
> Manchester and Nottingham?

I think in Manchester the posties would be quite happy to swap their
Pashleys for an Uzi. Oh, hang, on...that's not what you meant, is it?

Call me Bob wrote:
> Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
> guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm
>
> Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
> Manchester and Nottingham?

I'm not too happy about the Royal Mail arming its posties. Have they
really thought this through?

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat
And his semi-auto Gat...

--