Russ Update

Russell Pinder

Guest
Wow this is a first me talking bikes! Hi everyone im Heather Russ's trouble & strife. have managed
to extract his password so i could write personally.

Russ & I can't thank everyone enough for all the e-mails, cards, discs and support they have helped
us through a very difficult 10 days THANKYOU!!!! Russ has got his own Royal Mail Van each morning (&
Jess for those of you with kids!).

Last night Russ had his first full nights sleep and although tired is feeling in good spirits, he is
on the whole very positive and we realise how lucky he is to be able to have the use of his arms and
hands when seeing other people at Stoke. On a less happy note the news is not good. Russ remains
unable to move or feel anything from the chest down and we have been told that this will be the
permanent situation due to the severity of the injury. Russ now has a long haul ahead of him but as
you know is determined and positive. Tomorrow he should be getting out of bed for the first time so
i will let you know how it goes. He is looking forward to lots of visitors and now that he is
feeling stronger i'm sure it won't be long. Will keep you posted!

From me personally thank you so much to everyone on the ride who helped Russ, rang me and waited at
the hospital til i arrived. It means so much to know that Russ wasn't alone. Am feeling emotional
again so i won't go on. Hopefully i will get to meet some of you at the hospital but again

THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT

"russell pinder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wow this is a first me talking bikes! Hi everyone im Heather Russ's
trouble
> & strife. have managed to extract his password so i could write
personally.

> Russ & I can't thank everyone enough for all the e-mails, cards, discs and support they have
> helped us through a very difficult 10 days THANKYOU!!!! Russ has got his own Royal Mail Van each
> morning (& Jess for those of you with kids!).
>
> Last night Russ had his first full nights sleep and although tired is feeling in good spirits, he
> is on the whole very positive and we realise
how
> lucky he is to be able to have the use of his arms and hands when seeing other people at Stoke. On
> a less happy note the news is not good. Russ remains unable to move or feel anything from the
> chest down and we have been told that this will be the permanent situation due to the severity of
> the injury. Russ now has a long haul ahead of him but as you know is determined and positive.
> Tomorrow he should be getting out of bed for the first time so i will let you know how it goes. He
> is looking forward to lots of visitors
and
> now that he is feeling stronger i'm sure it won't be long. Will keep you posted!
>
> From me personally thank you so much to everyone on the ride who helped Russ, rang me and waited
> at the hospital til i arrived. It means so much
> know that Russ wasn't alone. Am feeling emotional again so i won't go on. Hopefully i will get to
> meet some of you at the hospital but again
>
> THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT

I've taken the liberty of cross-posting this to alt.mountain-bike, where plenty of people are
rooting for Russ. Difficult not to be patronising I hope the situation works out as best it can.

All the best

Andy Chequer

russell pinder <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wow this is a first me talking bikes! Hi everyone im Heather Russ's
trouble
> & strife. have managed to extract his password so i could write
personally.

> Russ & I can't thank everyone enough for all the e-mails, cards, discs and support they have
> helped us through a very difficult 10 days THANKYOU!!!! Russ has got his own Royal Mail Van each
> morning (& Jess for those of you with kids!).
>
> Last night Russ had his first full nights sleep and although tired is feeling in good spirits, he
> is on the whole very positive and we realise
how
> lucky he is to be able to have the use of his arms and hands when seeing other people at Stoke. On
> a less happy note the news is not good. Russ remains unable to move or feel anything from the
> chest down and we have been told that this will be the permanent situation due to the severity of
> the injury. Russ now has a long haul ahead of him but as you know is determined and positive.
> Tomorrow he should be getting out of bed for the first time so i will let you know how it goes. He
> is looking forward to lots of visitors
and
> now that he is feeling stronger i'm sure it won't be long. Will keep you posted!
>
> From me personally thank you so much to everyone on the ride who helped Russ, rang me and waited
> at the hospital til i arrived. It means so much
> know that Russ wasn't alone. Am feeling emotional again so i won't go on. Hopefully i will get to
> meet some of you at the hospital but again
>
> THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT

Heck, I've been away for a while. Just found the original post, sounds awful. I wish Russ the very
best recovery possible.

Russell Catchpole

>Wow this is a first me talking bikes! Hi everyone im Heather Russ's trouble & strife. have managed
>to extract his password so i could write personally.

Hi Heather

Thank you for taking the time out in what must be a very stressful time, to post how Russ is doing.
Please pass along my best wishes to him - I hope he is keeping his spirits high.

Best wishes to the whole family, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:48:43 +0000, russell pinder did issue forth:

> Last night Russ had his first full nights sleep and although tired is feeling in good spirits, he
> is on the whole very positive and we realise how lucky he is to be able to have the use of his
> arms and hands when seeing other people at Stoke. On a less happy note the news is not good. Russ
> remains unable to move or feel anything from the chest down and we have been told that this will
> be the permanent situation due to the severity of the injury. Russ now has a long haul ahead of
> him but as you know is determined and positive. Tomorrow he should be getting out of bed for the
> first time so i will let you know how it goes. He is looking forward to lots of visitors and now
> that he is feeling stronger i'm sure it won't be long. Will keep you posted!

I can't really think of the right words for this situation. I doubt that Russ would want anyone
feeling sorry for him, so I think the only thing I can do is wish both of you all the best.