Russ Pinder update

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Wallace, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. I just got a message from his wife.

    Russ had the op and it went well. It won't have any effect on the outcome which is still unknown.
    It will mean Russ will be a lot more comfortable immediately - he will be able to sit up to a
    degree - about 40 of them :) Russ is hoping to be able to receive visitors soon - maybe the end of
    next week.

    Heather was concerned about various noises about whip rounds, etc. If anything is going to be done
    she and Russ would like everything to go to Air Ambulance. (How about we arrange a big
    ride/get-together as a fundraiser)

    Heather sends special thanks to everyone who was on the ride with Russ (you know who you are) for
    doing all the right things and for your time and concern.

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. Thanks for the updfate on Russ's condition - much appreciated.

    >(How about we arrange a big ride/get-together as a fundraiser)

    Seems a fine idea - I don't think I'm in "big ride" ability range, but would certainly be interested
    in something to show support for Air Ambulance, Russ & family.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Tim Dunne

    Tim Dunne Guest

    > Seems a fine idea - I don't think I'm in "big ride" ability range, but
    would
    > certainly be interested in something to show support for Air Ambulance,
    Russ &
    > family.

    I didn't know Russ, so I refrained from commenting sooner. He has my sympathy and I'm rooting for
    him. I'd certainly be up for that one - I sincerely wish him all the best for a full recovery and
    hope his situation is a little more comfortable.

    If you're doing a ride or benefit or whatever, count me in.

    Tim

    --
    Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is it
    chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a bike!

  4. "Peter Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Heather was concerned about various noises about whip rounds, etc. If anything is going to be done
    > she and Russ would like everything to go to Air Ambulance. (How about we arrange a big
    > ride/get-together as a fundraiser)

    I'd be up for anything I can do to help out Russ and the Air Ambulance. Although I think little
    Ellen won't be up for very long rides in the immediate future!

    -Myra

  5. "Myra VanInwegen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Peter Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > Heather was concerned about various noises about whip rounds, etc.
    If
    > > anything is going to be done she and Russ would like everything to go
    > > Air Ambulance. (How about we arrange a big ride/get-together as a fundraiser)
    >
    > I'd be up for anything I can do to help out Russ and the Air Ambulance. Although I think little
    > Ellen won't be up for very long rides in the immediate future!

    Thanks. We are about to enter an exploratory pre-planning feasibility study period. :)

    Actually, it's going to take a while but there are lots of offers of support so it should be good.
    Best of all would be to have Russ there.

    Peter