screen grabs from WKO

MPCRUSHER

Aug 2, 2005
I want to capture some of my graphs from WKO and post online.

I have tried "Print Screen"
"Paste in paint"
"Save as JPG or Gif"
"then post online"

The resolution is ****.

I have also tried using other screen capture tools. they are all ****. I cant read the labels on the axis of the graphs as they all get pixelated. I get the jaggies.

can anyone recommend a GOOD screen capture tool for this.

MPCRUSHER said:
II have tried "Print Screen"
"Paste in paint"
"Save as JPG or Gif"
"then post online"

The resolution is ****.
By "post online", I presume you mean attaching the file to your post. That's the problem.

My preference is to upload the jpg using tinypic.com, and then paste the code directly into the post, so that instead of a thumbnail it shows up like so:

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2wn5lsl.jpg

In this case, I used print screen, resized to 800 pixel width, save as jpg, upload to tinypic.com, then paste the

I use PrintScreen and Paint to get screenshots from WKO all the time.

The problem isn't the screen capture but resizing the image or saving it in a lossy format. JPG in particular doesn't turn out well. Save it as a 24-bit BMP or a PNG. Make sure you're viewing it at 100% zoom and don't resize the image.

Most websites only allow images of microscopic file size to be posted as attachments (the lazy way). Host the images offsite and link to them. You'll no longer be constrained by files ize and can post a BMP or PNG that will look exactly like WKO itself.

Squint said:
I use PrintScreen and Paint to get screenshots from WKO all the time.

The problem isn't the screen capture but resizing the image or saving it in a lossy format. JPG in particular doesn't turn out well. Save it as a 24-bit BMP or a PNG. Make sure you're viewing it at 100% zoom and don't resize the image.

Most websites only allow images of microscopic file size to be posted as attachments (the lazy way). Host the images offsite and link to them. You'll no longer be constrained by files ize and can post a BMP or PNG that will look exactly like WKO itself.

Yeh it seems like very few sites will allow bitmaps. Jpg and gif format seems to stuff up the image. I think Ill have to use the link to file method.
Thanks for your help.

Ill also check out fasttone and tinypic thanks guys.

MPCRUSHER said:
Ill also check out fasttone and tinypic thanks guys.
FYI, tinypic is free, off-site image hosting like Squint was mentioning, rather than a screen capture utility. No registration or subscription required.

FWIW. I use SCREENHUNTER if the image is dynamic & I want a static, full-or-partial screen capture ... otherwise, I just 'right click' on the image & "SAVE PICTURE AS ..."

I find that .png files tend to come out better than .jpg, as others have noted. Just use cntl-Print Screen (windows) then dump into an image app and go from there.

Steve_B said:
I find that .png files tend to come out better than .jpg, as others have noted. Just use cntl-Print Screen (windows) then dump into an image app and go from there.
Thanks for all the advice guys. I checked out tinypic.com. It is owned by photobucket.com

I like the layout and ease of use. I think Ill give this a go.

cheers.