See behind you helmet

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by N Crowley, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. N Crowley

    N Crowley Guest

    Is anyone using the latest helmet which has built in mirrors that allow you to see behind without
    having to move your head. If so, what is it like aerodynamically, is it suitable for road racing.

    Tags:

  2. Zeldabee

    Zeldabee Guest

    [email protected] (n crowley) wrote:
    > Is anyone using the latest helmet which has built in mirrors that allow you to see behind without
    > having to move your head. If so, what is it like aerodynamically, is it suitable for road racing.

    I haven't seen them, but I can say that I hate helmet- or glasses-mounted rear view mirrors. I think
    they obstruct my vision more than they allow me to see behind me any better. Besides, I don't want
    to lose the habit of doing shoulder-checks.

    I find handlebar-mounted rearview mirrors useful on long trips on country roads, but don't use them
    for normal city riding.

    --
    z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/